New promo on eBay.com forums March 9-14 1000 free Auction or Fixed Price

Some one got one but most replies say they did not get the promo.

In this topic on eBay.com in Selling Forum.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Free-Insertion-1000-3-9-3-14/m-p/25290758

Here is the activation link.

http://www.rsvp.ebay.com/rsvp/signup/3186/qMcKdqgDfY4

I check my 3 ebay accounts and no promo listed in my promo summary and the above link does not work on my accounts.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I seem to be the lucky guy so far... I got it

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

It just worked for me too, but when I tried it yesterday and earlier today it wouldn't take.

For others it might be worth checking out again.  (I list on .com only.)

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

No luck here.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Nothing....

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

I seem to be the lucky guy so far... I got it
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Nothing here  either.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

No luck here either - appears to be invitation only & I did not get invited to the party.

Could sure use a promo now - hopefully one for eBay.ca will come soon!

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Nothing here either.  I sure could have used this one too!

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I'm Ok with promos not going out. It only makes the sea of listing bigger. It's hard enough to compete with the listing already placed.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Add my voice to the throngs in Canada that could really use this promotion. I've not listed anything for sale for about 7-8 weeks now, awaiting a free listing promotion. It's the only time it makes sense for me to list, given the low prices for what I'm selling and the low inventory sell rates (2-3% of listings actually selling during each promo period).

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Didn't get it either.  Nearly 2 months without a promo - this is ridiculous!  I have around 700 items waiting to be listed.  As many of them are slow moving items it makes no sense to pay listing fees.  However I did sell a bunch of items last time I listed them, so it's worthwhile to list when a promo appears.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

eBay may be moving to a new model for free promotions. At one time they only happened about once a year. Recently about 2 a month. They my not be interested in blocks of 1000 listings or more with a 1% sell through rate. Time will tell.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

eBay makes the rules and I adapt. I have about 1000 store items...were the included limits more I would have more. I also have items I only list here and on another account when there are free listings. These have a lower sell through rate.

There is a place for them though. I mostly sell stamps and a  lot of customers come looking for one or two inexpensive items which would only be there during listing sales. In looking they come upon other items they want.

With stamps it is easy to find a single $20 or $100 stamp. A stamp that would sell for $1 or less is difficult to find at times because nobody will list them except during a sale...and the majority of stamps fall into this class. I have a batch of about 1000 such stamps and 1000 covers that I put up only when free. I have had many collectors thank me for doing so because while not rare the items are hard to find because nobody will list them except during a listing sale and even then many will not because of the time involved. I do it as a service to the hobby but have had many people buy a $0.99 stamp and later spend a lot more.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@bozonet wrote:

I haven't seen most of the garbage listed today since the last promo. And the last 300 promos before that. 

eBay becomes more useless all the time. Just the same junk recycled over and over. 

If you need a promo to list your trash, maybe you should be reconsidering what you're listing. 

Maybe try something that someone might actually be interested in buying. 

Wow sooo negative maybe if you cant say anything nice you shouldnt say anything at all???? just my thought donyt sound like you play nice with others

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

If you had actually taken the time to read my post you would see that I stated that I sold quite a few items last time.  Please don't post negative comments about my items.  I sell good quality merchandise and have done so for many years to thousands of very happy buyers.  

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

You have the sort of items that quite interesting but only to a small audience. I personally think they are the type of thing that draw many people here in the first place and then they may eventually buy a lot of other things. I hope eBay realizes that. If they look at it from just a number of listings and percentage sold they may not continue to attract this type of thing with free listings.  Time will tell us their intentions.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

I didn't get this promo either

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

I seem to recall the exact thing happening last year shortly after the new year. It was getting close to 90 days from the last promo to the new one, and I was fearful of losing all my listings because I think ebay toasts them after 90 days, IIRC.

@forester_studios wrote:

Didn't get it either.  Nearly 2 months without a promo - this is ridiculous!  I have around 700 items waiting to be listed.  As many of them are slow moving items it makes no sense to pay listing fees.  However I did sell a bunch of items last time I listed them, so it's worthwhile to list when a promo appears.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member
Goody, but what about eBay Canada?
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

@mcrlmn wrote:
Goody, but what about eBay Canada?

The promo I posted was available to at least one Canadian member ricarmic above in post 4. It generally never matters which site the link is posted on. Clicking on an eBay.com USA promo link will activate the promo for both sites if you are invited.

Here is the same promo with an ebay.ca link. It still says I am not invited. Getting that response means the promo exists but I am not invited.

http://www.rsvp.ebay.ca/rsvp/signup/3186/qMcKdqgDfY4

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@murrayw211 wrote:

Add my voice to the throngs in Canada that could really use this promotion. I've not listed anything for sale for about 7-8 weeks now, awaiting a free listing promotion. It's the only time it makes sense for me to list, given the low prices for what I'm selling and the low inventory sell rates (2-3% of listings actually selling during each promo period).

You could have listed 100 free (50 on .ca and 50 on .com) in February and another 100 this month. Why not take advantage of the free listings that you get every month rather than not listing at all?

Message 20 of 28
latest reply