OFFERS NOT BEING SENT TO MY EBAY MESSAGES!

tyler@ebay why did this happen?? 

Today, I had an new offer (actually it expired in 11 hrs) via my smart phone and the offer did not exist in my eBay messages on my desktop computer. 

If I didn't look on my phone I would have never known I received an offer since nothing showed up on my eBay messages.....

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@silverpinups 

Same thing happened to me. Received 2 low ball offers. They only showed up with the bell icon and on Sellers Hub page. Nothing in eBay Mail(Except my counter offer) or in my Gmail (Except my counter offer). Maybe it's a new eBay "Improvement"...In eBay's eyes?

-Lotz

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

So it's just not me this is happening too... tyler@ebay this needs to be fixed asap!!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@silverpinups 

Same thing happened to me. Received 2 low ball offers. They only showed up with the bell icon and on Sellers Hub page. Nothing in eBay Mail(Except my counter offer) or in my Gmail (Except my counter offer). Maybe it's a new eBay "Improvement"...In eBay's eyes?

-Lotz

It appears offer mail (not sure if it was all or some) was on tape delay. In just checking my gmail mail I have offers going back to Jan 13, 2021 (13th, 18th, 19,th, 29th) magically just now arrive. Possibly they didn't have enough postage? Hmmm

-Lotz

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

eBay mail was only for the counter offer.
-Lotz
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Get in line. There's BUGS GALORE that are being ignored by ebay (of course, all SELLER issues).

Oh and btw, Tyler has been tagged multiple times recently without response. Not sure if he's running ragged investigating said bugs, or on vacation. Either way, you're stuck living with it for the foreseeable future...
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Tyler's been pulled from his board duties for the time being and last week's weekly board chat was cancelled.  He did post something to that effect, but perhaps it would have been better noticed if he'd created a thread on another location besides the Weekly Chat Session board:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/January-27-2021-Weekly-Session-Cancelled/m-p/452117

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Just to update everyone that's interested. I talked to eBay Customer Service and this is a newly reported issue that their working to correct.

I would suggest that sellers check their smart phones for current offers if your eBay Messages are not showing up via your desk top computers. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Just to update everyone that's interested. I talked to eBay Customer Service and this is a newly reported issue that their working to correct.

I would suggest that sellers check their smart phones for current offers if your eBay Messages are not showing up via your desk top computers. 

Well at least it's something they are working. Now each morning I keep seeing 2 offers to respond to in Sellers Hub. (Most likely the 2 low ball offers mentioned previously.) Clicking on that link makes them magically go away. I guess that makes them fig offers of my imagination. Hopefully sellers are not missing out on potential business because of this situation?

-Lotz

PS. My ebay work is all done on a pc, so this is a little unsettling when things like this are only happening to 1 platform.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies  I concur re browser eBay. I'd be curious the statistics of browser eBay vs  app eBay. Some of eBay's bugs boggle, these are potentially missed sale fees for them as well, one would think they want it fixed asap.

App eBay was always hilarious back in the pre-C-19 days of live in house auctions, the audience would be quiet with only the sound of the auctioneer except for the random intermittent *cha-ching* 's from the audience's pockets, then the murmuring snickers from everyone who could identify the sound and the blush from the outed party.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply