Okay, who broke Canada Post Tuesday’s?

Been trying to print a label on the Free Shipping Tuesday site all day. Even tried Snap Ship but nothing is working.  Canada Post on Facebook says they are having problems - Again! Next year I’m staying up until midnight and printing then.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I was also having trouble this morning with printing label for Free Tuesday on Canada Post Snap Ship. Kept getting a blank page. It finally went through for me. They must have been having some glitches with their site.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I keep trying every 15 mins but so far no luck. Oh well, I’ll keep trying I guess.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

me too  probably overloaded

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Any idea which time zone SnapShip works from?

(Hoping for Pacific.)

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Sorry femme, don’t know the answer. Maybe iCanada Post just goes by whatever time zone you are located in.

I was finally able to print a label about 9:00 pm est. I wanted to add a little extra insurance to that one but couldn’t seem to do so. Maybe I can do it at the post office?

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Sorry femme, don’t know the answer. Maybe iCanada Post just goes by whatever time zone you are located in.

I was finally able to print a label about 9:00 pm est. I wanted to add a little extra insurance to that one but couldn’t seem to do so. Maybe I can do it at the post office?

You can buy third party insurance from Insurepost.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

(Hoping for Pacific.)

Canada Post's computers run on Ottawa time.

However the Snap Ship free promo is using the shipper's local time (whatever CP figures it to be).

-..-
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

(Hoping for Pacific.)

From Canada Post's announcement:

"Members are entitled to one free Xpresspost™ or Expedited Parcel™ shipment within Canada on each of October 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31, 2017, from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm Local Time."

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I was lucky enough to utilize the Free Tuesdays each of the five Tuesdays this year and it easily saved me $100 to $125 on postage. I had no trouble whatsoever purchasing my labels but I discovered early in the month that I could start doing so on Monday nights at about 11 pm CST. So that's when I bought all my labels, very late Monday evening. It worked like a charm every time. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

If you want added insurance, you have to have signature required.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

We add insurance all the time and have never used signature.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I was lucky enough to utilize the Free Tuesdays each of the five Tuesdays this year and it easily saved me $100 to $125 on postage.

I wish I could say the same thing... but only had to use it once, since almost all my other sales were to the US and oversea. I had a second sale to Montreal, but the buyer wanted the items fast, so I had to ship immediately (couldn't wait for the promo). With that said, the time I used it, I gave free shipping to my buyer. So I did not save on shipping: the buyer did. She was really happy!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@ladybug2785 wrote:

We add insurance all the time and have never used signature.

Starting in 2017 Canada Post's Expedited Parcel and Xpresspost requires signature if the insured value is over $100. Not required for $100 and under. Snap Ship adds signature automatically.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply