Option to search seller's listings gone on Ebay.com?

Is this another bonehead move by Ebay?   I have tried to search other seller's listings for items i might be interested in, the way i usually do...ie click on the seller's  'items for sale' and then there is a serach box for items that particular seller offers.   But that search box option seems to have disappeared with a new revamped look ebay has done..  Any search i do searches all listings on Ebay, not the specific sellers lisings.

So i guess we can kiss multiple sales to one buyer good bye.  Thanks oodles Ebay.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

And now there's magically a search box appeared with which i can search the seller's listings.  So it seems this is just a glitch to another unnecessary change ebay has made.  I can't search all seller's lisings though, just some.  And i can't serch my own listings.

I haven't tried this on Ebay.ca, so i don't know what the status is there.  I've just tested it on Ebay.com

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

Is this another bonehead move by Ebay?   I have tried to search other seller's listings for items i might be interested in, the way i usually do...ie click on the seller's  'items for sale' and then there is a serach box for items that particular seller offers.   But that search box option seems to have disappeared with a new revamped look ebay has done..  Any search i do searches all listings on Ebay, not the specific sellers lisings.

So i guess we can kiss multiple sales to one buyer good bye.  Thanks oodles Ebay.

@fergua3 

In doing a bit of testing it seems you can only search of a sellers listings if they have a store. From my personal experience on eBay (pre item specifics decision item specifics best thing since sliced bread) search used to be one of the best features of eBay. Now, it is one of the worst. There is limited importance for sellers to put items in the correct category. I routinely find stuff nowhere close to where they belong. Even groupings of stuff that doesn't belong with the others. Just did a search under gaming consoles and discovered designer men's suits. Huh?? Same goes for trying to find a book or CD. As far as it goes for sorting within a seller, it is basically an empty shell of what it once was because of all the features they have removed over that last few years. 

-Lotz

PS. For a seller that has a store, you can no longer toggle between a sellers (generated) categories and eBay categories. At least I am not seeing a way to do this. 

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

well if you can only search the lstings of sellers with stores that is beyond stupid.  Many purchases i've made and sales i've made over the years were from searching a seller's listings or having my listings searched and finding an additional item of interest which lead to a purchase/sale.

It's like whoever makes decisions like this is deliberatley sabotaging Ebay or else they have no clue how online sales work.

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

I cant find a way to seach my own listings in the SOLD section and keep it there. I used to pile up duplicate cards to repost when I have enough to sit there and go through my solds. I used to be able to set it to the SOLD section and search only solds, now when I search for an item I sold it reverts back to only active, so irritating.

I now have to go to seller hub, and search through sold orders, its annoying and kind of slow becasue 90day old stuff shows up first

I don't much care for the way the search looks now, its massive and bubbly looking and I likely wont be buying much on ebay not that I was really anyhow with the garbage search, lack of ebay bucks program which was a nice bonus, etc. eBay has just made it more difficult to use their site over the past 2-3 years

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

i didn't realize ebay bucks was gone again.  Too bad. I used to get a bit of a spike in sales at the beginning of every quarter as people used their ebay bucks to make small purchases with.

Another quirk with search i've noticed from time to time is that as i am typing my search keywords, Ebay autofills the search box with what it thinks i'm searching for......i've even had it erase my search words and replace it with their own.  Super duper annoying.  It doesn't happen very often, just on occassion, i guess when it thinks i'm searching for very popular items and don't know how to do it...

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

@regs43 

I now have to go to seller hub, and search through sold orders, its annoying and kind of slow becasue 90day old stuff shows up first.

----------------------------

If you are in sellers hub / all orders you can search for a particular listing. There is a search bar right under the blue bar.  There are a few different options as to how you can search....buyer username, buyer name, a word in the title etc .

If they are now showing as the oldest sold first, you can hover your mouse over 'date sold' and it will sort it the opposite way that it is now.

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

I have to agree that it is beyond stupid if they actually intend on only having a search bar when a seller has a store.  I keep hoping that it is a temporary glitch.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Great thanks, I still have an old link saved to use the OLD page to see my sales, I have never really been able to get used to the Hub, things are a bit harder to find soemtimes (in account sections etc)

I think the ebay bucks program technically exists but its only when you get a special message from ebay in your messages about an offer to activate (I have never gotten one since the regular program was abolished), and the other way to get ebay bucks I believe is with an ebay credit card (I think I saw more of this on ebay.com board when it was initially being ended). And if my memory serves me correct you get ebay bucks once a year in January, no longer quarterly. Great ideas by ebay lol!

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

It still seems to be working for me when I checked. I chose random sellers, both those with and without a store and for all of them I checked I can still see "see sellers other items".

Maybe a glitch again based on which browser you use? Or maybe it only still works on sellers you follow? That's who I checked.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Same here.

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

Great thanks, I still have an old link saved to use the OLD page to see my sales, I have never really been able to get used to the Hub, things are a bit harder to find soemtimes (in account sections etc)

I think the ebay bucks program technically exists but its only when you get a special message from ebay in your messages about an offer to activate (I have never gotten one since the regular program was abolished), and the other way to get ebay bucks I believe is with an ebay credit card (I think I saw more of this on ebay.com board when it was initially being ended). And if my memory serves me correct you get ebay bucks once a year in January, no longer quarterly. Great ideas by ebay lol!

@regs43 

I got a few bucks with last purchase of supplies but believe there was an offer at the time. Then, after the fact there is no way to check your balance. Makes it harder to use if you can't find it easily. Or just way too many hoops to make it worthwhile.

-Lotz

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

I have never seen an offer since the original program was ended, I check my messages daily and nothing lol. Just means I buy less on the site, ebays loss

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

I have still received the occassional email when the eBay Bucks were on. While it's certainly not frequent there were at least a couple of times because I bought a couple of things here for Christmas (some collectors in our house!) so I took advantage of the promotion. I received an email January 4th "Your Bucks Are Ready to Use" with the code. There is no eBay Bucks section I could find though to double check it but the email is still in "My Messages" here, saying they expire Feb. 1st.

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

yes the 'see sellers other items' link works, but when you're taken to the page where the seller's items are listed, there is no longer a search bar.   If you're looking for a particular item of interest that the seller might also offer, eg star wars, or scarfs etc the only way you can now see if the seller offers those things is to scroll through everyone of the seller's listings.  Before with the search bar you could just enter 'scarf' or 'star wars' and tell instantly whether that seller sold those items.

Most buyers are not going to bother to scroll through 100 or  perhpas many more listings on the off chance they will find an item of interest, they'll just buy the one item they orignallly wanted and that's it....so lost opportunity for a multiple sale.  The seller loses out and ebay loses out. Unless they put the search bar back in, it will cost non store owners sales and  cost ebay its fees on those sales.  So unless there is some significant savings to ebay by eliminating the search bars, i don't get why they'd do such a daft thing.

Message 15 of 38
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

yes the 'see sellers other items' link works, but when you're taken to the page where the seller's items are listed, there is no longer a search bar.   If you're looking for a particular item of interest that the seller might also offer, eg star wars, or scarfs etc the only way you can now see if the seller offers those things is to scroll through everyone of the seller's listings.  Before with the search bar you could just enter 'scarf' or 'star wars' and tell instantly whether that seller sold those items.

Most buyers are not going to bother to scroll through 100 or  perhpas many more listings on the off chance they will find an item of interest, they'll just buy the one item they orignallly wanted and that's it....so lost opportunity for a multiple sale.  The seller loses out and ebay loses out. Unless they put the search bar back in, it will cost non store owners sales and  cost ebay its fees on those sales.  So unless there is some significant savings to ebay by eliminating the search bars, i don't get why they'd do such a daft thing.

@fergua3 

The only reason I can see for the majority of eBay's "tinkering under the hood" is to improve load speed for App/Smart devices. Everything else(that has been removed) functioned reasonably well for anyone using a PC. In many cases they depended on those features. If there were valid reasons for frequent appearance for these changes there would/should be actual announcements. There almost never are. When was the last time you saw something that has been griped about for ages ever being fixed. Nothing really jumps to my mind!!

-Lotz

This is next one about to happen. (deprecated). At least this one comes with warning, but maybe not so helpful for the people that relied on it previously.

"Deprecation, in its programming sense, is the process of taking older code and marking it as no longer being useful within the codebase, usually because it has been superseded by newer code. The deprecated code is not immediately removed from the codebase because doing so may cause regression errors." "Typically, deprecation occurs when a feature is unsafe or gets replaced with a superior alternative." 😂

The listings quality report will be deprecated on February 28, 2023. Users will no longer have access to this report as of that date.The listings quality report will be deprecated on February 28, 2023. Users will no longer have access to this report as of that date.

Listings improvement recommendations

Download your listings quality report to get information and tips to help you improve your traffic and sales.

The report is generated based on listing status as of Jan 12, 2023 at 2:21am EST and is updated once every two days.
Message 16 of 38
latest reply

Ahhhhh, I see what you mean now! If I search within a seller's items anything specific, it just jumps me back out into the main search and shows me EVERYONE who has those items. That is awful for sellers, someone comes to your page and is still shown all the competition once there!

I don't understand why they would take that away either, every week brings another challenge! 😔

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

devon@ebay 

As @fergua3 explains there is no longer a way to search a specific item when viewing a sellers listings unless they a store.  If they have a store there is a specific search box that we can use and the results are for that seller only. If there is no store, using the general search box at the top gives results for all sellers, so we can't search just that seller's items.

Is this a permanent page or is it an unexpected glitch?  It makes no sense for ebay not to allow buyers to see if a seller has specific products for sale.  Buyers don't care if a seller has a store, they want to be able to search their listings either way.   I realize that they can search using advance search but that is very clunky and time consuming and I'm sure that many buyers are  not aware of it.

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

I have never seen an offer since the original program was ended, I check my messages daily and nothing lol. Just means I buy less on the site, ebays loss

Here is the page from eBay help on the subject. Registration is now closed on the program but it does explain what is available for past registrants. 

https://www.ebay.ca/help/paying-items/ebay-bucks/earning-using-ebay-bucks?id=4638&st=3&pos=1&query=E...

The UK site has their own program called Nectar. You have to register for it on dot UK and have a UK mailing address and 

• buy items with the Nectar logo on eBay.co.uk
  • check out using a credit card, debit card, PayPal, or PayPal Credit

Australia has something called eBay plus for buyers at 4.99 per month.

Sorry. There are always strings attached.

-Lotz

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

You can search a specific seller, on a PC at least, from the advanced search page but it is now a multi-step process.

First copy the Seller's ID, then click on the Advanced button that is to the right of blue Search button/box to get to the advanced search page.  Put in your search item, then scroll down to the 2nd from the bottom box "sellers", where you will see:

Only show items from:
Specific sellers (enter seller's user IDs) 

Paste in the seller ID, and click search and Voila ......  what could be easier!!!   I can just see everyone doing this!!! 

Message 20 of 38
latest reply