Pitney Bowes: unjustified extra fees: huge scam: who will stop this scam?

This "third party" Pitney Bowes is running a disgusting scam on eBay! How can customers make ebay aware that this is a fraud ? This third party does not represent official customs an does not give US or Canadian customs any money, they put it all in their pockets. By using fraudulously the term "custom fees", they are not only lying to ebay buyers, but also to official authorities who are not getting these extra "custom fees". Sellers! Why do you make business with these people? they are stealing money from you and from your customers! If ebay cannot or will not take action, this fraud issue will be taken directly to the federal governments of both countries to unveil the scam. Enough is enough!

Message 1 of 213
latest reply
212 REPLIES 212

Re: Pitney Bowes: unjustified extra fees: huge scam: who will stop this scam?

ask the seller how much he would charge you to ship directly to you, bypassing GSP.

Message 201 of 213
latest reply

Take a look at all other items listed by that seller.  All show huge "import fees"  double, triple or more the value of the item.  Obviously something is wrong somewhere.

Since that seller has multiple quantities available on all items, I just wonder if the system calculates the "import fees" based on the total quantity available, not a single unit.

Message 202 of 213
latest reply

I try every time to see if they will direct ship, so far none have accepted, I used up all my allowable sent messages to inform some of those sellers that I would have purchased from them today if not for GLOBAL SHIPPERS

Message 203 of 213
latest reply

I have sent this out to as many as ebay would let me in one day, and that's limited to less than 10 a day.

Hi, You have some great books, I just wanted to let you know that I would have purchased some of your batman superman books and others perhaps, if you were NOT using GLOBAL SHIPPING, its a big scam and I refuse to participate. ty

Message 204 of 213
latest reply

You would have received a more favorable message from a seller if you would have taken the time to explain to them how the GSP affects Canadian Buyers.

They may not have been aware they were signed up to the GSP, many are unaware, & they could have possibly made some changes to allow you to buy the item without the GSP.

Might be best for you as a potential buyer to send messages to the sellers sans attitude.

Message 205 of 213
latest reply

This is what's going on now....  I've been trying to buy some items from US seller, description said items cost 20 + shipping 9  = will 29 total, I sent best offer, shipping charge shows up as $13 plus $8 import fees(!) WOW! Twice more than in original listing, I had to cancel my offer... kind of afraid to buy now, what if charge will be rise and I'm not sure now much I have to pay on top of everything.

Message 206 of 213
latest reply

This Global Priority service run by Pitney Bowes is a rip-off.   I bought a DVD set on eBay for $21 from the US and ended up paying Pitney Bowes over $19.   Had it been sent by regular mail to Canada (~$10)  it would have been very unlikey to have been stopped for tax (only happesn about 5% of the time and the tax woudl have been about $3 plus Canada Posts $7.00 handling fee).  So basically I got stung for almost double the postage for Pitny Bowes "handling charge".  I will never buy from a US seller using Global Priority again, nor will any of my friends.  So I would ask any US sellers sellign to Canada to drop the Global Priority postage service.

Message 207 of 213
latest reply

bestcheapfast

I wonder if the listing you offered on was uploaded before the GSP came into effect. With your offer, the new program kicked in, and we see the ridiculous fees being added.

As has been mentioned earlier, even eBay does not recommend using GSP for items selling under $50.

It's just a WAG. of course.

Message 208 of 213
latest reply

It IS a scam and Ebay's lining their over-stuffed pockets yet again.  What do you expect?

I buy mostly old books on Ebay, and I now ignore those sellers using the Global Shipping option.  I mean $19 plus a $21 <cough, cough> "customs fee" for something that another seller will ship to me via 1st Class for $10.55?  It's such an obvious cash-grab.

What's interesting is that I've written to various sellers using Global Shipping, and believe me, they were shocked when I told them what I was seeing at my end.  And they wondered why their international sales were down.  LOL!!

Message 209 of 213
latest reply

As all major shippers do, PB should do his greedy work without physical forwarding of the package.

Modern world survives by cutting extra hassle off, not adding it.

Message 211 of 213
latest reply

I would like to send a letter too. Can I have a copy?
Message 212 of 213
latest reply

Please post comments about the GSP here: Comments about the Global Shipping Program

Please post questions about the GSP here: Questions about the Global Shipping Program

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 213 of 213
latest reply