Question for sewing pattern sellers

Are any of you having problems relisting your patterns? I keep getting a fault in the brand. I have about 40 patterns that are a brand that are not on the drop down list of brands, so they won't relist. Even a common one like Kwik Sew. I can't find a way to put in an acceptable brand. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

No I checked my Kwik Sews and my Pin Points, and they are all there.

Searched by title first , then checked the Item Specifics.

I use Good Til Cancelled so relisting is automatic.

And they are getting views, but neither make is much of a seller for me. Nor Simplicity. I've actually stopped buying them as a result.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I don't use GTC for my patterns, I do a 30 day then relist, but a whole bunch are coming up with problems with the brand when I try to relist them. None have been removed from the listings until I try to relist.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Are these patterns that you list under Crafts?  If you use Collectibles there is no drop-down menu for brand, and you can add brand as an Item Specific.  Or, if listing under Crafts, can you leave brand empty or use "Printed Pattern" as your selection, and then add "Manufacturer" as a custom item specific instead?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Hi Triber, yes I have had the same problem the last few days. They (whoever?) have obviously made some changes to the list of brands. I'm thinking that somehow the list of brands reverted back to an old draft list since it's not complete. Anyway, it's a problem but I don't know who to contact about it. I use TL to list and it's causing a real headache on top of all the other changes I'm trying to make. It wouldn't take Bouquet yesterday and McCall's is now McCall and Simplicity now shows as simplicity. All this as well as trying to fix some active content that has to be done item by item.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thank you Maggie. I can list the vintage ones under collectibles, it just means having to redo a lot of the listings, as you know, if you change the category, a lot of the information disappears. I put a couple under "printed patter", but I think there should be an option to add your own, they certainly don't have every brand in that list.

I had the correct brand on all my listings, but it has just disappeared when it is not one on eBay's list of brands.

I will do what you suggest, thank you for your help. It takes time to relist them individually, but I will just have to do them as they come up for relisting.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Hi vintagenorth, so it is not just me! I really don't have the time and energy to go through all the weird changes. Who knows, next week it might revert back to the old way. Up until now I have just done a bulk relist or sell similar at the end of 30 days, now there are up to 8 or more that won't relist without changing them.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

This is why we need a contact at eBay Canada again. At least we might find out who to contact when we have a problem like this appear. I miss Raphael!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Apparently there were issues starting last Wednesday with using Brand on eBay.com USA as mentioned in this topic.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Cannot-add-brand-to-our-listings-today/m-p/26801768

Last post from yesterday says the issue is still going on. Is this still true for the sellers where on eBay.ca?

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for posting that pocomcommputing, obviously yet another glitch, but very time comsuming for pattern sellers. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Perhaps the anomalies in this an other threads are part of a new somewhat pervasive ebay feature; code named TAT...

(Try Again Tomorrow)
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I have been on eBay casually as a buyer since 2001, as a seller since 2009. Just amazing how horrible eBay is today in design and user experience and reliability. It all started to get noticeably bad about three years ago with glitches and today it is just impossible with all the daily issues.

Hopefully the buyer experience is better because buyers will just leave. Once gone, they may not come back if they find alternative sites to buy on. My experience as a buyer is frustrating and poor. I would never recommend anyone to buy on eBay.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

This is now happening with craft books! Still a problem with patterns.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I did a Search for 'pattern dress plus uncut'  and got 250+ results.

But moving slightly off topic I looked at this particular one and noticed that all the seller's online images had been removed.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/7730-UNCUT-McCalls-Vintage-Sewing-Pattern-Princess-Seamed-Dress-OOP-Plus-Size...

There was also a drop down that allowed choosing among various sizes.

Neither of which I had noticed before.

Also what do you use for MPN?  I use the barcode but I noticed this seller uses the pattern number.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Femme, I use the pattern number for the MPN and I put the UPC under the UPC/ISBN. The problem that triber was describing is still ongoing under Crafts category when trying to list on .com, both on TL and using the eBay listing form (I list using TL). I don't know if it is happening on .ca or if it is just .com specific. I believe triber and I both list on .com Being mentioned in a few places on the .com boards and has apparently been reported.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply