Review timeline

For sellers...when do you write a review for a transaction?  Immediately after funds are received or do you wait until the buyer writes a review? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Review timeline

What do you mean by review? Feedback?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Review timeline

Feedback is voluntary. And is not used by eBay to assess members.

That being said, I leave it immediately on shipping with the date and service (Canada Post Air Mail) and a thank you.

Because I don't use tracking, which would pretty well kill my sales due to the high cost) I believe this information is soothing to my customers.

Sellers have only two choices with feedback, positive or none. I'd rather be positive.

If the customer has a problem, he'll get in touch.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Review timeline

@mrsmcgoos wrote:

For sellers...when do you write a review for a transaction?  Immediately after funds are received or do you wait until the buyer writes a review? 

I leave feedback for buyers about once a week, I don't care if buyers leave feedback or not, I don't care who goes first, I really don't care about feedback at all.

On the other hand, some buyers really like to receive feedback, it costs nothing but a very brief amount of time so I leave it for virtually every transaction.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Review timeline

I leave feedback at the time I ship.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Review timeline

I leave feedback only if I receive one.

But you should do what *you* feel is right.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Review timeline

I leave feedback as soon as I mark the item shipped.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Review timeline

I leave it soon after purchase is made.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Review timeline

Yes, feedback.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Review timeline

Thanks for the replies.   I hadn’t bought on EBay for a while and when I made a purchase that was paid immediately, no feedback was posted.  I was used to having feedback done after payment.  Just wanted to see if this was the norm.  

I always keep feedback in mind when buying.  That being said if I want something and the seller has a few negatives, I will see what the buyer says on other transactions before I judge.  Buyers can be negative consistently.  

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Review timeline

@triber wrote:

@triber wrote:

Thanks for the replies.   I hadn’t bought on EBay for a while and when I made a purchase that was paid immediately, no feedback was posted.  I was used to having feedback done after payment.  Just wanted to see if this was the norm.  

I always keep feedback in mind when buying.  That being said if I want something and the seller has a few negatives, I will see what the buyer says on other transactions before I judge.  Buyers can be negative consistently.  

Thanks again.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Review timeline

I'm a small seller (so can remember my recent sales), so I only leave feedback when I know the buyer is happy with the purchase.

If I was a big seller, I'd leave feedback when the purchase was shipped -- because the sale would be gone from memory once out the door.

-..-

Message 12 of 12
latest reply