Scammer sellers on ebay

For long time didnt have a time to browse around the platform but what i just saw shocked me .

I browsed in two categories handbags and luggage .Sellers misrepresent the location of their items and imagine they are top rated even all the negative feedback they had for a month.

So I guess i should not complain of the drop of the sales. How we could insure the customers to buy with confidence .

Its so sad and worrying  

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Scammer sellers on ebay

Did you report the listings?
Message 2 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

they are so many you cant believe .The feedback that i read had a lot of complains that they ship from Asia .So I assumed that buyers report them but they still keep listing items .I guess its all about FVF

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

No, it’s all about eBay being unaware that listing policies are being violated. Report the listings where they need to be reported, not here. It’s like telling your next-door neighbors about a B&E in progress across the street instead of calling the police.
Message 4 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

What will be my reason to report the listing ? They state that the items are ship from Alberta but the shipping its over 18 days .Should I order something from them ?

Or order a 3 pcs set luggage for less then $ 10 .Where is eBay in this case 

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

If all that you have are suspicions, what it is that you expect to report?
Message 6 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

no there is a lot of things that shows that they violate a lot of the rulles on ebay 

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

a lot of complains that they ship from Asia .So I assumed that buyers report them

Those FB reveal that the buyers were naive to begin with-- buying obviously fraudulent items-- and continued down the same path by using the useless FB system to complain.

As momcqueen says, complaining to the neighbours.

If they had used the Resolution Centre, instead of feedback which eBay does not use as a measure of a seller's account, those sellers would be gone.

Also. A seller can be Top Rated and even have 100% FB, and still have hundreds of neg FB, because they have thousands of happy customers.

Ratios.

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

I have bought 3 watches and two(Different Sellers) were never received. After posting negative feedback and threats to withhold refund if no 5 star feedback given , finally received refund. Purchased a third watch and this time after no shipping in 7 days and no replies put in a negative feedback. Got the same song and dance about 5 star feedback. When I refused was told to wait another 53 days for receipt and than put in claim. That was both through EBay and seller. 
Put in a claim through paypal and hope to get a REFUND. Do not trust Feedback, it is rigged.

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Another way is to extend shipping to 63 plus days and if you do not receive the item or it is defective, no way to post a feedback. as the cutoff is 59 days.
I used to love EBay but there are too many schemes going on to be reliable. Will be buying from local sources or even the hated AliExpress and DHGate or be safe and go Amazon all the way.
Message 10 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

I definitely agree with a number of fashionoutletdeal's points. Ebay needs to do a much better job of policing some of the "Larger Sellers".(Example - Say 10,000 Items +) and maybe offshore also. For the most point the "Smaller Sellers", a good percentage of the people that frequent this board we are doing their best to follow all the constantly changing rules and procedures. We are trying to ship fairly and describe our items to the best of our abilities. If we make a mistake we are punished IMMEDIATELY. As for some of these larger sellers they seemingly can do very little wrong when they have hundreds and hundreds of transactions daily compared to us. Ebay's new bread and butter. And for these sellers to inaccurately post shipping locations of items is not right. May be arriving from...Surprise!!! As buyers we want to know in advance where something is going to be shipped from so we can accurately know how long its going to take to arrive and if the shipping is reasonable for that item. Filing claims after your item arrives does not seem to change what is going on. Once you get an item a little late, you file it in your memory bank and just say "I won't do that again." Until you accidentally do or because it's something you really require and no one has stock at a reasonable price. Unfortunately truth in advertising went out the windows years ago. Very sad but true!!!

-CM

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

@szarfgrish

Do not trust Feedback, it is rigged.

No.

It is a method of publicizing the buyer's satisfaction, or dissatisfaction with a transaction or seller.

As such, it works pretty well.

What you missed was the eBay and Paypal Resolution Centres, both of which are set up to resolve problems including Unpaid transactions, Not As Described items and Not Received items.

Usually in a few days , occasionally in hours.

EBay gives you only 30 days from delivery (or last estimated date for delivery) to use the Resolution Centre.

Paypal gives you 180 days from payment in their Resolution Centre.

Basically, you used the wrong system.

Because FB is given so much prominence, it's my belief that it should be dropped entirely and the Resolution Centre brought to the attention of unhappy buyers instead.

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

@lotzofuniquegoodies

a much better job of policing some of the "Larger Sellers"....and maybe offshore also.

You do realize that from eBay's point of view, we Canadians are part of those "offshore" sellers?

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

That was just in reference to what a few others have said or thought recently with all of the fake items that are now being listed on eBay. What also doesn't help the current state of affairs, are sellers who sell items they don't even have in their possession, so have no idea on the quality of those items. As for USA buyers if given the choice most of them they would rather purchase from a Canadian seller vs someone in China for example especially based on delivery time if they require something quickly. And a much better chance it will be describe accurately and honestly.

-CM

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

I had decide that I will do a test buy . And then will make my action to report them to eBay with all my facts in hand . I know that I don’t need to do this but I like to do things right . So let’s see what will happen. Will keep you guys posted .
Wish me luck to catch them my way 🙂
Message 15 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Why a Canadian seller need to have VAT ?
Message 16 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:

Why a Canadian seller need to have VAT ?

Is a percentage amount shown?   VAT is a more widely understood term than GST, and definitely more understood internationally than HST.  Perhaps they're using the term generically?

Can't really give you much of an answer without context, I'm afraid.

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Will find out 🙂 I’m good at this
Thank you for the help . I was thinking that VAT its for outside of Canada .
We Canadian don’t use this
Message 18 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

It’s called VAT elsewhere on the data fields, I think it’s used as a pseudonym for GST. Seller preferences? Wherever it is that the seller is required to enter the proper number, it’s called VAT by eBay.
Message 19 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Will find out 🙂 I’m good at this
Thank you for the help .
Message 20 of 44
latest reply