Seller Hub: Likes and Dislikes

Random thoughts:

First and foremost, I DISLIKE that we apparently still aren't able to access Promotions Manager through Seller Hub despite my being told by no fewer than three different ebay folks that it was coming with Seller Hub. Canadian sellers have played second fiddle too long. Having only Markdown Manager with Promoted Listings puts me against a steep disadvantage in trying to sell competitively to my Canadian buyers when my American competitors can do BOGOs and offer coupon codes. I call it discrimination. It needs to stop. We deserve Promotions Manager and I'm not going to shut-up about it until we get what we deserve. 

Also, I dislike that's it's glitchy in that it will show or not show data in the different modules on my page at random. Luckily, it's not the very important data that seems to intermittently disappear only to be replaced by the 'uh-oh' text.

I dislike that you cannot 'hide' this nonsense like you could with Seller Manager as part of the Customization features.

Try telling me something I don't already know. Also, when you say 'update' what you really mean is 'get rid of it' because 'revise' does not eliminate this annoying and unhelpful messageTry telling me something I don't already know. Also, when you say 'update' what you really mean is 'get rid of it' because 'revise' does not eliminate this annoying and unhelpful message

I like that it's easy to dump the Hub if I decide I don't want to be bothered with it.

Without Promotions Manager, there's little to no point to moving the Seller Hub and, no, I won't get over itWithout Promotions Manager, there's little to no point to moving the Seller Hub and, no, I won't get over it

I like that there's a summary of important stuff along the top that also includes the balance owing in ebay fees.

You know what would make this even more useful? Someplace I can  write or post a note or reminder to myselfYou know what would make this even more useful? Someplace I can write or post a note or reminder to myself

I also really like that you can customize (add) shortcuts to this module, and it almost compensates for the fact that the link to ebay Community can no longer be found at the top OR bottom of any Hub-navigated page. 

It's almost as if they don't like us here so they want to make it hard to find ebay Canada Community and Discussion BoardsIt's almost as if they don't like us here so they want to make it hard to find ebay Canada Community and Discussion Boards

I REALLY LIKE that there's finally an indicator of how fast I have to ship my item according to the handling time that I have set. 

This feature is handy, it helps to keep handling time obligations straightThis feature is handy, it helps to keep handling time obligations straight

Finally, I'd like this more if I understood what these metrics meant. I 'get' the part in green but what's the comparative data supposed to mean? No one else was selling this stuff or that buyers aren't looking for it, or what?

Context! What is this supposed to be telling me and what is the reason I don't know what it means?Context! What is this supposed to be telling me and what is the reason I don't know what it means?

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Seller Hub: Likes and Dislikes

I will attempt to learn and understand more about the Sales stats, I promise those of you who've tried to shed light on it for me. In the meantime, I have to share these two stats which made me laugh. I don't sell items everyday, obviously, some days I sell nothing and other days I sell one or two things of value which throws it all awry. I don't think I have ever seen 1,000 per cent anything until now. Like I say, I had to laugh. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 9.08.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-23 at 9.08.57 PM.png

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

Actually, this I have a legit question about: @happy_pigeon, would you mind please looking into whether this will display our (Canadian) data at some point in the future? 

Shouldn't this link to Shippo and/or our Canada Post labels or....?Shouldn't this link to Shippo and/or our Canada Post labels or....?

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

You'll need for get busy planning a whopper of a sale event for May 10th to top that comp.
Message 43 of 53
latest reply

Thanks @momcqueen, I'll ask the Product Manager for Seller Hub...

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

Update: one of the US PMs has issued a mea culpa re: the Manage shipping labels section slight_smile It is in the process of being adjusted.

Message 45 of 53
latest reply

Not sure if this has been anyone else's situation but just found out I now suddenly have the Sellers Hub thing-a-ma-doodle.  Still working my way through it trying to digest it all. I am seeing a display for Region: Global in US funds. Is there a way to actually display or change it so  that makes sense for a Canadian seller who does all their transactions in Canadian Funds? Really not sure how accurate that total would be when the exchange rate changes on a daily basis. Or is this something that is in the future?

Thanks,

-CM

Message 46 of 53
latest reply

Now due to the new Seller's Hub I'm locked out of my Shippo account and unable to process postage. Several requests for a  password reset has not gotten me anywhere along with an email directly to Shippo.

-CM

Message 47 of 53
latest reply

According to previous posts it looks like the hub was going to USPS so they are working on that.

But if you signed directly into shippo,  you should be able to access your orders that way?

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

Currently I am unable to access Shippo in any way, shape or form. I emailed them last night and this afternoon and requested a reset but to date have only gotten their 2 auto emails but no actual response regarding the issue. If that is the case with the system defaulting to USPS they may be more working to resolve vs advising customers. Depending how long this goes on we may have to resort back to using Paypal or using Canadapost  for postage with the lesser discount.

-CM

Message 49 of 53
latest reply

That is very odd. This did not happen with me as I migrated to Seller Hub. Are you locked out of Shippo completely, like you cannot log into their site from their site at all? 

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

Yes. I was. I was finally able to get in touch with a member of their customer service department and they were able to reset my password. He thought maybe reset messages were going to spam  but was the first place I checked after request. I mentioned the issue a few people had reported regarding the defaulting to USPS. He was unaware of that problem.  Now waiting on a follow up question but thinking he has left for the day.

-CM

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I won't join it as I don't like the words "OPT OUT" which I became leery as it remind me of GSP (Global Shipping Program) that many US sellers had a hard time opting out at any time, having to call eBay to help them.  No way!  And beside what is wrong with our selling??!!

Message 52 of 53
latest reply

Has Selling Manager been cancelled on dot ca? As of noon today my system keeps defaulting to Seller Hub. Seems to be no way to opt out and keep that setting. Selling Manager does what I need and personally in trying Sellers Hub find it clumsy and a lot slower to use.

-CM 

Message 53 of 53
latest reply