Selling on the eBay Australia Site

Hi Guys,

I am looking at selling on eBay Australia.  I currently have a Basic store on eBay.ca. - usual number of free monthly listings.

I am not familiar with this site and am wondering if the charges for listing on the Australian site are different than my current site or are they just part of my .ca free listings package?

Who knows?

Thanks

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I will do another post after I see how it goes selling on the Australia site. Take care and be safe
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@motomike_canada wrote:

@murphcrud wrote:
Thanks for your help and advice. I think that I will have to bite the bullet and maybe just list a few items on eBay.Aus and pay the fees and see how it shakes out.

I would be interested to hear your experience once you've had some time to assess. 

These days, listing on DOTca gives a lot better visibility to all the other eBay sites than listing on DOTcom;  this is from a discussion I had with one of the top ebay execs a year or so ago.  She felt it wouldn't make a real difference to visibility to open an account on another eBay site, however it may entice more sales IF the items are physically located in, and fulfilled from, that country..

To test the visibility of items listed on ebay.ca and ebay.com versus those listed directly on the UK site I have had a very few listings on there for a while now.

The results are based on a small sample but I cannot see I am getting any better visibility by listing directly on the UK site. These are items that primarily sell to UK buyers, those buyers seem to find and buy the items at about the same rate on ebay.ca as the few listed on the UK site. All have been promoted except for auctions.

I really don't think there is any requirement or advantage to registering a new account for each site. All one needs is an existing ebay.ca account in good standing to list on other sites, this has been my experience. Perhaps there are exceptions I'm not aware of.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Just as a reminder you can add the following to the customs invoice for any shipments to Australia (Add in the note field and highlight) . Alternative would be to add a sticker.

eBay's ABN # 64 652 016 681

Code: Paid

It just acknowledges the fact that VAT has already been collected. This has come up before on the discussion boards. Link below is from 2018. I've added and seen no delays in final delivery. Probably speeds up the process and "could" save a buyer from being double charged.

https://tamebay.com/2018/08/ebay-started-collecting-gst-australia-says-sellers.html

-Lotz

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

The gst number was already on the label the last time I sent something to Australia. But if a listing originated on .au I have no idea if ebay still collects the tax.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

I would think it would work the same way as the collection of IST from Americans (or non-Americans with US shipping addresses). It doesn’t matter what site the listing was made on and probably doesn’t matter what site is used by the buyer when the purchase is made, the taxes are still added to the total transaction charge by eBay.

I think.
Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

Last shipment I had to Australia was May of this year. The only place it showed up was where I added it on the customs invoice in Shippo. Nothing displayed on the packing slip. Not sure if things have changed since then.

-Lotz

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Just to let you know, my products were very competitively priced, but I had a few views but nothing beyond that - I have moved on and away from eBay.Aus
Message 27 of 27
latest reply