Shipping Delays noted by my US customers, anyone else having issues?

I've had 7 US buyers contact me in the last few days stating their items have not yet arrived. Most of the items were sent Canada Post small packet air service (non-tracked) between Christmas and New Year's.

All I can think is that this US Government shutdown is somehow affecting the speed at which US Customs Service is clearing mail. Anyone else having similar issues or any thoughts on this? I've had items arrive a few days past standard delivery time in the past and maybe one item go missing in 3 years but 7 packages taking over 20 days for shipping from Canada to the US means something else is happening. Please share if you have any other ideas or are experiencing similar issues. I'm closing a number of my listing until I can figure out what's going on. As it stands I may have to issue refunds on over $300 worth of merchandise if I can't provide a good explanation for what's happening.  

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Shipping Delays noted by my US customers, anyone else having issues?

Definitely. I monitor all my tracking on the Canada Post iPhone app. There’s normally a lag of 24+ hours on information conveyed to CPC by USPS.
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Re: Shipping Delays noted by my US customers, anyone else having issues?

Another likely possibility for delivery scans is each driver may have their own routine for processing deliveries. They may update details just after they have they left the depot, as they drop off or different time intervals and then syncing scanners regularly or doing in bulk. Handheld scanners vary in transmission speed with quality and can also be affected by the number of times they have bounced off the pavement/had keypad hit aggressively.

-Lotz

Message 22 of 22
latest reply