The best way to deal with suspicious cases

Those reading me on the community know how i deal with suspicious cases and potential scam attempts. I started doing this a while back and i can't count how many times it worked. Basically i reply in a way that would scare a scammer, while staying a minimal professional in case the buyer is legit. The number of cases buyers closed with this approach is insane. Once i even made a buyer admitted it was 'a mistake' and succeed to have ebay close case in my favor, without tracking 

Just wanted to share another suspicious case i had today where the buyer (0) tried to return or force whatever refund for a damaged magazine in a four magazines listing. While it was truly impossible to be missed 

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: The best way to deal with suspicious cases

Had not noticed that, I have the app but do most of my eBay stuff on my laptop, I do not use the app in general.

And it is a bit of an odd interface choice.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Not really, when you know the OP's record of "Claims, Statements & Posts" and the long list of issues "that do his way comes" .....

There is always, an out-to-get-me, paranoia kind of vibe in these posts which I have mentioned before, and is one of the many reasons to always respond with facts and details.

Yes. I'm such a big bad evil seller. With 100% feedback and 0 selling defects in 3 years. Kind of sellers ebay really don't need. 

which I have mentioned before

Really? I thought you never shared your thoughts. 

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Will close this thread since i'm getting harassed again. Cannot do a single thread in peace now. Those users takes all the place on purpose and trigger me everytime. I will literally have to change my username or delete this account to post here. It's that far. 

Thank you everyone who are not hostile. 

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic.

Please remember that it’s fine to disagree with others, but discussion should always remain courteous and respectful. The subject has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 24 of 24
latest reply