Tracking info on ebay not updating, delivered days ago

Anyone else having this problem?  I sent 3 packages, all with tracking on Tuesday morning, all xpresspost. One package was already delivered yesterday (Wednesday) and got feedback already, but on ebay still shows 'tracking number provided' and nothing after that, for all 3.

I checked the Canada post webiste, lots of updates on each one.

I only care because paypal is holding the funds until ebay gives them the nod that transaction is complete.

If I were to edit the tracking nubmers on each one, would it update manually? Or would it somehow screw up the transaction and reset it or something. I want to edit the one already delivered, but I'm afraid if I re enter the shipping number, it might reset it and the customer might get confused

Anyone else having this problem right now?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Tracking info on ebay not updating, delivered days ago

mcrlmn
Community Member

Item not received claim?

Tracking hasn't been updated since Jan 22.

Today is Feb 03.

eBay's estimated delivery date is Thu, Jan 28, 2021 - Tue, Feb 2, 2021.

Screen.png

Truth be told, the item was delivered to me in the afternoon of Jan 22; 12 days ago.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

@mcrlmn wrote:

Item not received claim?

Tracking hasn't been updated since Jan 22.

Today is Feb 03.

eBay's estimated delivery date is Thu, Jan 28, 2021 - Tue, Feb 2, 2021.

Screen.png

Truth be told, the item was delivered to me in the afternoon of Jan 22; 12 days ago.

I've seen it display as of late in a multitude of forms.

• Click on the eBay tracking and it will have updates.
  • Click on tracking and it will only show label created even though it was dropped off and scanned by agent.
  • Click on tracking and it will show in transit even though CP shows it as delivered
  • Click on tracking and it will show delivered even though there is no update to the left on the hub page for up to 5 days.
  • Double check CP tracking and details may or may not match exactly to what you just saw on eBay.
  • Like they say, mileage may vary.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Recent example.

eBay Tracking

• Jan 31, 2021
  • 8:55pm
  • Tracking number provided

Canadapost Tracking

Feb 2 12:54 PM Item arrived Richmond

Feb 1   8:51 Pm Item departed Calgary

4:36 PM Item processed Calgary

Jan 31   Electronic information submitted by shipper

-Lotz

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

It does seem to happen though not for every transaction.  eBay customer service should look at the Canada Post site if you ask them to so that your money can be released.  If you can't contact them by phone and you have facebook, send them a message here.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

I have had the exact same issue. eBay tracking shows still in transit. Canada Post tracking shows it was delivered over 2 weeks ago. Buyer opened INR case.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Did you tell the buyer that tracking shows on CP that the item is delivered?

I would contact customer service otherwise if the tracking doesn't update on ebay and the buyer asks ebay to step it they may be refunded.  If a bot closes it, they won't look to see if there is tracking on the postal site....at least not in my case.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

I did contact eBay and it will be closed in my favor. I'm more saying that the tracking on eBay is not always accurate and is a bug I have also had. I hope it's fixed soon. Its confusing and can potential issues between Buyers and Sellers.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

So what I found is that there is something up with ebay.ca

I've been lisiting on ebay.com for the past few months, and NEVER had an issue with the tracking system. This was my first time listing on ebay.ca and all 3 of my sold items' tracking are stuck on 'Tracking number provided'. The most expensive item was delivered a day after i sent it, and the guy gave me positive feedback. Paypal released the funds a day after he left the feedback, the transaction is complete, yet the tracking still shows 'Tracking number provided' in transit.

Lol, looks like back to ebay.com until ebay.ca get's itself in order

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I have the same situation. Ebay says out for delivery since the 18th. Buyer hasn't replied when I asked if it was received. Tracking through Canada Post website says delivered on the 18th. That was a week ago. Still not updated on ebay.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

I have seen this more than 20 times recently. Delivered according to carrier web site, in many cases recevied feedback from client but Ebay still says it is not delivered. A couple of cases below

1. Item ships May 31, delivered June 3, with positive  fb same day. A month later on July 3, According to Ebay  item is  still "out for delivery":(

2. An item ships June 22, delivered on June 28 with positive fb. Today July 5 Ebay latest tracking is "June 27 - in transit"

This story repeats itself many times over. 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

I have also noticed that Ebay.com is almost always correct with up to date tracking.

So is it a Canada Post - Ebay glitch notification glitch? CPC is not sending timely info to Ebay.ca

That would be my guess.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

...or it's something to do with how the data is being 'polled' from Canada Post.

With my own tracking updates I've noticed a recurring pattern since I became aware of this issue around the beginning of this year:  although U. S. and Overseas updates might be off by a day or two, they eventually do  appear. The overwhelming percentage of stalled tracking in my Seller Hub continues to be from domestic shipments, specifically a single service; Flat Rate Boxes.

So just as likely, it is something as simple as an incorrectly coded (or changed) CPC pre-fix for that particular service. Ebay is able to capture shipment orgination, but not subsequent updates.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Tracking, as presented  on eBay, is one BIG mess.  It cannot be trusted

Always take the tracking number and view the tracking report on the Canada Post website.

I was once talking to an eBay customer service person....  and this is what the customer service people were doing!

How big a mess...  I have found parcels, on eBay, in transit 10 weeks after delivery!!!

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

As a side issue:  for your own sanity, only look at tracking if the customer is complaining.

Then, as cumos55 says, take your information for the Canada Post site and present that to the complainant.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

I have 2 items that have been delivered but Ebay has not updated. I have proof on the canadapost website of delivery.
Ebay has been horrible and horrible to it sellers. I have since traded my sales to POSHMARK for an easy peasy experience. No shipping over 13.99 and sellers are super protected over there.
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

This is still happening and it's getting annoying. I had a buyer open an INR for a delivered item. My money was held for 5 days even after I uploaded my tracking number with proof of delivery. I had to call to get ebay to remove the hold a week later.

C'mon ebay... get it together!

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:

This is still happening and it's getting annoying. I had a buyer open an INR for a delivered item. My money was held for 5 days even after I uploaded my tracking number with proof of delivery. I had to call to get ebay to remove the hold a week later.

@teenytrinkets 

devon@ebay  Could you look into this issue and provide followup please? This has been brought up as a concern for ages and is affecting sellers performance due to bad (inconsistent) updating. See additional posts for multiple reported experiences.

-Lotz

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

This is an old thread from 2021 and it underscores that this problem is STILL occuring.  Unbelievable.

NONE, that's NONE of the Canadian packages i've sent in the last several weeks have had a single tracking update.  NONE.   They all say 'trackng number provided' and that's it.  All have been delivered, many ages ago.  Most of the tracking history links contain warnings about shipping being overdue.

This is not a Canada Post problem at all.  Ebay could simply link directly to CP's site like 90% of other etailer sites do.  But they have to do it their way and their way isn't working.  So fix it, once and for all!  This is embarassing.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@teenytrinkets wrote:

@teenytrinkets 

devon@ebay  Could you look into this issue and provide followup please? This has been brought up as a concern for ages and is affecting sellers performance due to bad (inconsistent) updating. See additional posts for multiple reported experiences.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I know that this an issue that is being evaluated by a few different teams. I reach out to see if they have any insight to share but there may not be anything that I can share publicly.  

Message 20 of 24
latest reply