US Seller's Observation Re Drop in Sales

Regarding purchasing from US sellers that are now using Managed Payments.

Are you getting checkout errors?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/eBAY-Managed-Payments-or-How-to-Lose-International-Buyers/m-p...

See explanations posts 3 & 10.

-Lotz

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I've never had the need arise to purchase from a U.S. seller enrolled in MP. If I had I probably woud not have bothered trying to proceed as I'd read that those U.S. sellers enrolled could not sell Internationally. Now I know why ... thanks for the link.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera 

I was curious to know how that was working also. Leaves those seller's on the outside looking in. Similar to the seller's that got automagically enrolled into GSP and have no idea how to escape.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

After reading the eBay.COM post.... eBay expects sellers enrolled in Managed Payments to educate buyers on how to check out by directing them to eBay's FAQ's about Managed Payments or calling CS for assistance. Buyers don't even read item descriptions! Never mind spending valuable time just to pay for an item. Buyers want to pay quickly and move on period! eBay's Managed Payments is simply an after thought based on greed!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

eBay "Workarounds" again...

As an eBay member, I am not here to "workaround" ebay's broken system. I pay for a service as a Seller and as a Buyer, I expect a "seamless" experience! 

eBay fails again on all counts!

Click here

Pay no insertion fee for 500 auction-style listings in collectible and fashion categories.

Arrive here

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/taxes-import-charges?id=4121#insertion

Weeks after eBay was informed still a broken link...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply