USA vs CDN Listing Promos - Why is the CDN management team asleep at the wheel

It seems that al of my USA friends get at least 1 or 2 promos each month.  While we get none???

Why is that?

Here is a listing promo that was sent to USA users today, again its not for everyone but its by invitation only.

Right now: 50 FREE auction-style or fixed priced listings Start Date * End Date

Create 50 extra Auction or Fixed Price listings for free! Includes Buy It Now. Learn MoreNov 9, 2017 7:51:51 AM

Nov 13, 2017 11:59:59 PM
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yup Free Listing Promos are few & far between, much like my sales on eBay these days. A seller can no longer rely on selling only on eBay.

Having a store on eBay does not guarantee a steady flow of sales either and therefore the expense of a store has to be justified by having an in-demand product with a high sell through ratio.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

EBay uses promotions to help their own bottom line.

I suspect if US sellers in your category (photgraphs mostly?) are listing less then eBay is giving them promotions to boost listings.

I am registered on dotCA, but I list on both, preferring dotCOM for items I can ship Flat Rate/Free Shipping, like postcards and sewing patterns. I do get dotCOM promotions from time to time as a result.

And that may be your answer.

Instead of listing a photograph at $24.99 Cdn with $4 Lettermail shipping, would you consider listing it on dotCOM for $24.99 USD and Free Shipping?

Which is cheaper-- a $10 item with $5 shipping or a $15 item with Free Shipping?

But keep in mind-- eBays promotions are for eBay's bottom line. They are not a present because you have pretty blue eyes.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for your wisdom and I mean that sincerely.  I do list on dot com with free shipping as the USD pay for it.

I have not had any USA promos for at least 2 to 3 months

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I also list half of my stuff on .com and did not receive a single promo there since .ca became C$ only. 😞

Message 5 of 5
latest reply