Unable to sell items on eBay? Unauthorized user of buyer or bidder account?

I keep getting items sold randomly and then get a message:

"Unauthorized user of buyer or bidder account"

This is becoming very very irritating as it forces me to re-list the item again. It has also prevented me from selling ANYTHING on eBay. Can someone please explain to me what I must do? Also, because of this issue, my seller limit is gone and I can't list anything for the rest of the month? Would appreciate some help.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Unable to sell items on eBay? Unauthorized user of buyer or bidder account?

Sounds as if eBay has been protecting you from scammers. Unfortunately, those closed transactions used up your new seller limit.

We can only hope you have better luck with your current three listings.

Go to your Seller Preferences and add Immediate Payment Required.

Also Block bidders with Unpaid Item Disputes and those who do not have active Paypal accounts.

http://my.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Also Block all countries except Canada and the USA. At least until your Detailed Seller Ratings are showing and those restrictions are liffted.

Shipping is the hardest part of learning to sell on eBay.

That should take care of most scammers.

And it could be worse.

You might have shipped and then learned the scammer buyer wanted a refund.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you very much. I am a bit confused to as though why are members with ratings of up to 250+ positive/0 negative. Those are scammers too then? When I say the items are being sold, they are being sold basically every day and then I get the Unauthorized user of buyer or bidder account message. Why haven't I ever had this in the past? It suddenly started a few weeks ago.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I very much feel your pain.

This happened to me as well when I was setting out.

With the tight selling limit (number of items and dollars) imposed on new sellers, having even a few Unpaid Cases closed in a month can eat that limit right up and ebay doesn't consider whether the item 'sold' came with actual payment or without. At one point, I had a buyer place an order for 14 items and then bail without payment. My month was ruined. That was a few year ago.

I would encourage you to call ebay, explain what has happened and ask if maybe pretty please they can look at your history and bump you to the next bracket of limits. It's likely they cannot but aside from wasting 30 minutes on the phone, you don't have much to lose. 

Good luck.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I am unable to add immediate payment for some reason. It says to just set the item as "buy it now" which is no help as this is all happening to my, "buy it now" listings.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Are you using the old Long Listing format? It's only an option to be found under an extra panel of advanced choices.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@ikemaster55 wrote:

I keep getting items sold randomly and then get a message:

"Unauthorized user of buyer or bidder account"

Although more details would help, from what you describe (particularly the fact that buyers with 250+ FB are being shown as "NARU"), I think there is more going on than a cluster of scammers. 

I'd suggest you message Raphael directly (the eBay Canada rep who runs the weekly Board Sessions) at raphael@ebay.com, and ask him if he could look into this.  Make sure you give him at least 2 item #s, and/or a screen shot of the messages you're getting (if you have them still).  Be patient, he's very busy and it may take a few days to get a response. 

At the very least he may be able to get someone to increase your selling limits. 

Please come back to this board and let us know the outcome.  There have been a lot of bizarre background glitches reported lately, and this could be one of them.  All of which is not unusual just prior to a Seller Update roll-out.  I can only guess this must be a big lump of an Update coming out, with all the advance rumblings going on.  (Pardon my metaphor Woman Very Happy). 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 1.48.17 PM.png

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You should see this? You cannot enable IPR if you opt to allow Cash Payment on Local Pickup but you can if you have shipping costs specified.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply