We want to hear from you—Canada Post labour disruptions

Hi all,

With Canada Post rotating strikes continuing for the third week with no indication of a resolution between Canada Post and CUPW, the eBay Canada team are looking to hear from Canadian sellers about the impact of the strikes on their business.

Feedback and examples from our seller community helps us to better advocate for you. If you're comfortable with sharing your experience, we want to hear from you, whether you've felt an impact from the postal labour disruptions or not.

Some members of my team (someone other than myself or Tyler) may reach out to you via PM for more information after you post in this thread. We look forward to hearing your stories!

Message 1 of 252
latest reply
251 REPLIES 251

Re: We want to hear from you—Canada Post labour disruptions

Surely our friends at eBay and Canada Post will reward us for sticking through these hardships with some good promotions and shipping discounts in the new year!

Message 241 of 252
latest reply

There will come a day when there will be a new reality for online sellers.... It will not be like it was before the strike.....

and ..... If we pay attention  we will see many things change  that will be advantageous to online sellers.

The strike is over....  The Postal Union will experience a new reality....Canada Post will change.

We shall see.......

Message 242 of 252
latest reply

Let us continue to make note of the adjustments encountered after the strike  and the month and more following the strike. ....  as we  have done and will continue to make a report here on ebay....

Message 243 of 252
latest reply

Yes the posturing from both sides, that was then magnified by the Media, played a big part in reducing sales this year. Those fortunate enough to get sales, by and large, saw their items move quicker than expected, mind you tracking was a joke. Of course, ymmv. I almost can't wait until after Christmas, as that is when I usually sell the most.

Message 244 of 252
latest reply

I send (and receive) a vast majority of my items with tracking. From the time Canada Post issues their warning about backlogs, I experienced backlogs. That definitely was not posturing for the hundred orders going (and coming) that I watched here and elsewhere.
Message 245 of 252
latest reply

Silly me, for forgetting that this time of year, there are never any backlogs, rotating strike or not. As I said, Your Millage May Vary, ebay wanted to hear our personal experience, which I gave. I was fortunate enough, that everything I sent to buyers in Canada, no matter how sent (letter post or tracked), arrived faster than normal. I'm truly sorry, if all of yours were late, or lost.

Message 246 of 252
latest reply

Looks like they may be catching up slowly. I ordered something online from HBC on Saturday evening and received the parcel in my street mailbox today (Monday). Post office must be working all weekend to do that, I never get anything that quickly.

Message 247 of 252
latest reply

My wee village post office has folks coming in on Sundays to deal with an extra load of parcels that arrives on Sunday (aka get them ready for Monday morning), they've done this for the last few years this time of year.
Message 248 of 252
latest reply

Got a positive FB from a Canadian customer today for a shipment sent 10/12  Monday to Monday.

Also a Free Franked Christmas card from my MP, but I can't tell if it was sent from Victoria or from Ottawa.

Message 249 of 252
latest reply

It appears for the most part they're saying they are caught up.

Someone told me the CBC was reporting they were caught up so I went to the CP website to read their latest update.

They've reinstated their service guarantees but do mention that there are uneven backlogs in stuff going through BC.

I guess I'd better take out my possible delivery delays text from my customer form letters now......

Message 250 of 252
latest reply

That’s great news! It also explains my missing (incoming) packages in BC.
Message 251 of 252
latest reply

This is the best news we have heard since September 1......

The mail is getting back to  something close to "normal"....  with a few more steps to adjust...

Message 252 of 252
latest reply