Zero feedback from brand new account wants to make a large purchase. Advice?

Good morning all. Yesterday, I received 3 offers all in a row from a new ebay'er that just signed up yesterday so hence, no feedback score yet. The 3 offers are all on identical type items (higher end cameras) that I have listed and their offfers on all 3 come to $700. I am a little leary about accepting the offers. I am not sure what could happen but I would really hate to be scammed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Zero feedback from brand new account wants to make a large purchase. Advice?

That "Only set this requirement to block buyers" setting only applies to the previous section where you can control how many items a user can buy within ten days. So you can block a user with zero to five feedback ratings from purchasing a second item in ten days, but that will not block a user from making an initial purchase.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Re: Zero feedback from brand new account wants to make a large purchase. Advice?

Thank you for the clarification

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Thank you for taking time to add your experience.

IT

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Hi. Thanks for your input. To restate I personally don't block low feedback. The OP question was "Can you?"  and from your input I understand you are saying

"Yes, you can block low feedback customers (either from zero to 5 ) only AFTER they have purchased one item from you. If  and when they have zero FB and later come back to buy another item when they have 5 FB you can block them from purchasing a 2nd item." 

I don't understand the feature. Why would you want to block a previous customer who is growing their reliability? 

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Hi. Thanks for your input. To restate I personally don't block low feedback. The OP question was "Can you?"  and from your input I understand you are saying

"Yes, you can block low feedback customers (either from zero to 5 ) only AFTER they have purchased one item from you. If  and when they have zero FB and later come back to buy another item when they have 5 FB you can block them from purchasing a 2nd item." 

I don't understand the feature. Why would you want to block a previous customer who is growing their reliability? 

The purpose is to prevent someone with zero or low feedback making more than a certain number of purchases from you within a 10 day period.  For example, you may not want someone with 1 feedback to buy 9 expensive items from you at one time. Or to stop someone new from clicking on buy it now on a bunch of items but then not not paying for anything. I've never used it but perhaps it was more useful if you sold a lot of multiples before IPR was an option.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@intimewithmusic 

Look again.

It's a subcategory .

The main category is "Block buyers who are currently winning X of my items in the last 10 days"

Only then  can the already buying customer be blocked.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply