eBay Global Collections Sellers SCAM?!

Hi, I think this may be a scam, so might have to watch out.

It's saying that I missed a payment, but I have it auto pay, which has been done 5 days prior, as scheduled.

Clipboard0.pngClipboard011.pngClipboard0-2.png

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I received the same one today. It is very well done. It is marked as a trusted sender and looks very authentic, even having accurate account balances. Mine was also marked CAPRE at the bottom, same as the OP.

Be careful out there!

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

I received this on two accounts as well. Didn’t even bother opening it as my accounts are up to date.
Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Not a scam. It’s a glitch. Mine autopaid this month as well. I got this too. And eBay expects us to trust them with handling payments and money too. Hah!
Message 4 of 31
latest reply

I just got the same one, and it used my full name and middle initial. I checked my account and it has been paid. I think I'll send it to eBay under spoof@eBay.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Good idea. It needs to be reported. Someone owes the sellers affected an apology. This is bad form.
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

@happy_pigeon

Could these two threads by combined?

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Not a scam. It’s a glitch. Mine autopaid this month as well. I got this too. And eBay expects us to trust them with handling payments and money too. Hah!

Money and maths are hard stuff. We can rest assured ebay has a dedicated team of part time programmers implementing the latest in off the shelf AI technologies to ensure incidents such as this are a thing of the past. 

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Good idea. It needs to be reported. Someone owes the sellers affected an apology. This is bad form.

At the very least they could apologize for using all uppercase in the subjeckt. It's all rather shouty. No need to be uncivilized, even if they mistakenly think they need to be paid because interns in accounting or something.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Oh no this usually happens prior to ebay rolling out something new... What are we in for now..

Someone please through a banana to the programmers, this may get bumpy..

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Yep I got it as well, the glitches just keep coming.

This one is pretty minor relative to the MIA pictures, I suspect it would only be worth a compensatory offer of 5 (useless) free listings... wink

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

An identical email arrived here this afternoon. Also have auto pay setup, received the PayPal confirmation that the eBay bill was paid on the 15th as usual.
At first I assumed it was a scam too until I noticed the supposed unpaid amount was accurate.

Another glitch I guess and a particularly nasty one.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

This notice has also been received from eBay...  Bill already paid 

Same has been happening on eBay.com.

Appears to be a new reality.

Have been getting the same type of email from my credit card ..

Telling me I must pay... even after  the balance  due has already.been paid.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply

I just find this so knobby. Like?! We all pay our bills but then get accused of being deadbeats anyway.

And I'd also like to know at what point a seller's rank in Best Match suffers for being a deadbeat seller. When the listings are yanked for non-payment? Or when the notice you're late is first sent? I think it's clear that not paying your bill is the one single offence that is the first and fastest thing to get your account suspended here, and they've gone and sent this 'reminder' to how many thousands of sellers? 

On another day, a message that my account was in arrears would be enough to give me a heart attack. I don't have gold coins laying around in bags like Scrooge McDuck to pay my bills a second time just because I'm told to do so for no good reason. This offends me.

NOT TO MENTION we're supposed to blindly trust these @$$clowns to handle all our funds from selling in the future?!

I'm very upset and angry about this. Very upset. And very angry. Enough to say things that I shouldn't. 

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:
At the very least they could apologize for using all uppercase in the subjeckt. It's all rather shouty. No need to be uncivilized, even if they mistakenly think they need to be paid because interns in accounting or something.

Don't expect an apology on that one. This is actually standard boilerplate. I've received a similar message in the past, uppercase and all.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

The plot thickens. I wonder how much (if anything) this has to do with PayPal and the split.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/8/1534815257.html
Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Direct link to the DOTCOM thread where ebay staff confirm this was a glitch on page six. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/What-in-the-world-Email-from-quot-Ebay-Collections-quot/m-p/28...
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

I realize I might the only one whose feathers are as ruffled as they are about this mess-up, but I have high expectations for an apology on this.

ebay simply CANNOT send its customers Collections notices and expect to retain those customers. (Nor can it wreck listings by losing all but one of their photos and then walking away from responsibility to fix it, but ebay seems to think that's okey-dokey too.) 

It's been 12+ hours and I'm still hopping mad about this. I want a head on a pike! Someone needs to burn for this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU

Message 20 of 31
latest reply