eBay won't let me list Marijuana necklace

So I tried to edit one of my listings today (a marijuana leaf necklace in the fashion jewelry category - no it's not real Marijuana, it's just a regular necklace) and eBay won't let me list it "POLICY VIOLATION".

Here is what the error message says:
"It appears you are attempting to list smoking accessory for use with marijuana which is not allowed. eBay only allows smoking accessories traditionally intended for tobacco products. For more info please review our Tobacco and smoking accessories policy.{e56056-974439x}"

What a bunch of bozos. You eBay employees who work in the policy department are a bunch of clowns.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay won't let me list Marijuana necklace

mcrlmn
Community Member

List using Mary Jane, Aunt Mary, ganja, Mary, skunk, or other relevant circumvention.

Anyone interested will probably get it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

mcrlmn
Community Member

List using Mary Jane, Aunt Mary, ganja, Mary, skunk, or other relevant circumvention.

Anyone interested will probably get it.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You are posting in a forum read by other sellers -- your post is NOT by eBay employees.

Lots of stuff the ebay computer bots will flag as restricted purely on word use -- no humans involved,

List a metal coin with an image of crossed elephant tusks and get flagged for trying to sell ivory. 

-..-

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It would be quite tragic (and stupid) if eBay/its employees didn't even bother looking at our posts to keep up with its customers issues/concerns. Really tragic...

Btw the bots have no business restricting the word Marijuana, well maybe now they do...But once Marijuana is legalized in a few months, I will make a stink about it. They have no business shoving their ".CA everything, listing in CAN is better, pay taxes on your bill because you live in Canada" trying to promote "Canadian everything", then not care about our Canadian laws. As far as I'm concerned, when Marijuana is legalized, any and all Marijuana accessories (short of actual Marijuana itself) sold by Canadians to Canadians on eBay.ca should be allowed. They can't eat their cake and have it too. Either we're Canadian or we're not. Marijuana is not the same thing as elephant tusks. Not in this country it isn't.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The bots are programmed to flag words, not message content.  They are not sentient, so no way to actually communicate.  Maybe in the future, if the Bladerunner concept becomes a reality, but until then we have to put up with bots censorship.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The ebay rep that monitors the Canadian boards gets something like a couple of hours a week in total to dedicate to that.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@anahita_jewelry wrote:
It would be quite tragic (and stupid) if eBay/its employees didn't even bother looking at our posts to keep up with its customers issues/concerns. Really tragic...

Btw the bots have no business restricting the word Marijuana, well maybe now they do...But once Marijuana is legalized in a few months, I will make a stink about it. They have no business shoving their ".CA everything, listing in CAN is better, pay taxes on your bill because you live in Canada" trying to promote "Canadian everything", then not care about our Canadian laws. As far as I'm concerned, when Marijuana is legalized, any and all Marijuana accessories (short of actual Marijuana itself) sold by Canadians to Canadians on eBay.ca should be allowed. They can't eat their cake and have it too. Either we're Canadian or we're not. Marijuana is not the same thing as elephant tusks. Not in this country it isn't.

What Canadian law says a marketplace like eBay has to allow anything that can be legally sold to be sold on their site?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply