ebay.CA listing promo - 500 free auctions (March generic)

Check your promo section.

This appears to be generic offer -- your promo section will have the dates you qualify for -- if you are invited.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2017/500auction.html

5, 7 and 10 day auctions with BIN

Usual auction BIN warning, it's free for this offer, but might not be when relisted.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: ebay.CA listing promo - 500 free auctions (March generic)

About time! Now my listings can live for a little longer... too bad it's not FP.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it and would want fixed price auction up to 5,000 like a few months ago so I can list more items.  With the 5,000 free listing promos a few months ago I sold way lots of items than usual, so I need that free promos again.  eBay listening?   Smile.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

izzame
Community Member

HMMM another "we don't appreciate you so no promo for you"

I have been invited to 2 promos since July 2016 this includes .com & .ca

Is there an average monthly sales that you need to get these? I know they do aim certain categories but 2 promos in the past sellers in my category did get the promos

Oh well just another day. They have trained me well not to depend on promos and keep my wallet stocked for fees. What they don't undertand is I can't buy as all my $$ goes to fees. No promo = more spent on fees= no purchases made by me

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

JUST AS LONG AS THEY GET THEIR FEES,THEY DON,T GIVE A **bleep** ABOUT US...Just pay up and shut up is their motto.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I got the "Unfortunately, this promotional offer is by invitation only."

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Same here .My last promotion was in July

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Glory be.

I got it, for today and up till Mar 12.  Have to change some FP to Auction with BIN.

I will list some auctions for 5 days and then if no bids, renew for 10 days.

It's all good!!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I received one today. Except, it's not working.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

nevermind. I just realized it's auction style listings and mine are BIN.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Follow up (the last of my auctions from the offer expired yesterday):

I used this offer mostly by converting unsold BINs with sell similar (rather than converting). Kept track of the auction / BIN versions by using the Add note feature (but I do wish eBay would allow the option of sorting by title to make even easier). Sell similar gave me the freedom to experiment with presentation of the offer, and still have the BIN to go back to if needed,

Did discover that about 20% of the BIN listings had issues (which aren't seen when using relist). Everything from description typos, old return policies, out-of-date shipping costs, old email address for paypal, old ship-from address. So even if I sold nothing it was a side benefit indicating some spring cleaning is needed.

eBay's current words of wisdom for auctions is that: auctions ending on Sunday are 65% more likely to sell compared to other days of the week, So I attempted to end all the auctions on weekend days, first using 7 days, then 5 days (on Monday/Tuesday), then 10 days (Wednesday/Thursday), and a final push of 7 days to finish off the promo (March 12).

Results: Out of 225 auctions I had 5 sales by bidding (all with just one bid) and 2 by the BIN option (those went for more than the original BIN listing price). So a 3.1 percent success rate for the auctions. I'm not sure if it was a side effect or something else, but my BIN sales this weekend were higher than usual.

-..-

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Historically I have found that running auctions brings people to the store and boosts BIN store sales.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

When I run out of things to do, I run loss-leader (10-cent open bid) auctions too. But it's a bit of a make-work project so I like to make sure all my other important stuff is done. Like taxes, new stock etc.

It's a good tactic to stimulate views.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

That is exactly what I do, I consider the "cost" of ones that sell below normal as "advertising" to bring other people to the store.... having said this it has been quite a while since I've auctions, not enough hours in the day.....
Message 14 of 14
latest reply