is the new seller hub going to be mandatory??

I just relisted an item , then when it flashed back to my ebay page, it was like I entered the 3rd dimension,, wow,  talk about overwhelming.. I hope this isn't the new seller hub, I only got to see it shortly, but nothing is where it is supposed to be.. it is like when they switched over the message boards, but 10 times worse.. I am worried.. too old for so many changes all at once.. 

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

If you log in with your iD to eBay.com you can see exactly what the Seller Hub looks like.

I’m not a fan of change but i think that no matter how awful it is, it will be worth FINALLY having access to Promotions Manager. I think it will make a huge difference for me.
Message 2 of 51
latest reply

No, it isn't mandatory for now...

You will have to phone eBay Customer Service and ask to be added to a exemption list.

I list on eBay.com and still use Selling Manager Pro.

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

I still use selling manager on .com as well.  

I used to enjoy learning new things...these days,...not so much.

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
If you log in with your iD to eBay.com you can see exactly what the Seller Hub looks like.

Not necessarily, I’ve never opted in to sellers hub on .com so I don’t see it when I log in there.

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

I'm the same way... I'm not very interested in new gadgets and I'm perfectly happy with the "old" Selling Manger Pro.

Message 6 of 51
latest reply

Hmm..that reminded me of something.  A US seller who uses promotions manager said that the promos could not be seen on any other sites and when I checked on . Ca and the UK site, I could not see those promos.  I don’t know if  it couldn’t be seen here because we don’t have PM or because a seller would have to set it u on each site or...???

@happy_pigeon.  Perhaps you could explain if we set up a promo using promotions manager will it show that on other sites?  If not, can we set up the same promo on various sites?

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

“@momcqueen wrote:

“Not necessarily, I’ve never opted in to sellers hub on .com so I don’t see it when I log in there.”

Well, I don’t sell on eBay.com. Therefore ‘opting in’ to Seller Hub there serves one purpose only and that is to preview it.

Message 8 of 51
latest reply

Yes I know you don’t  sell on.com but your reply to the op gave me the impression that if they logged into .com sellers hub would automatically be there.  Sorry if I misunderstood what you meant.

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

It is what I meant. I never opted in. It appeared automagically. Did you perhaps opt-out? Regardless, anyone who wants a preview and is determined to get one can check it on eBay.com.
Message 10 of 51
latest reply

Like a wart it'll grow on you over time. It's a bit of a convoluted mess but you can customize the layout and rearrange things. It does on the other hand give a less than helpful morale boost by always reminding you when your sales are down. Smiley Mad

Message 11 of 51
latest reply

Seller Hub won't be released until this Monday the 16th, and I believe it's going to be a ramped approach, so it'll take a few days for 100% of members to see the experience. Not sure what it is that you're seeing, but if you post a screenshot, I'm sure someone can help.

You will have to opt in at first to the Seller Hub experience, once it's available to you. And during the initial period, you'll also be able to opt right back out. However, as with the US, it will eventually be the standard experience for all users, so you're encouraged to use the opt-in period to get your feet under you.

I find the interface fairly intuitive, and I'm not a particularly high-volume seller. Of course, any major change has the ability to trip one up, but there are so, so many people here ready to help you if you run into any issues! slight_smile

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

Quote:
Like a wart it'll grow on you over time. It's a bit of a convoluted mess but you can customize the layout and rearrange things. It does on the other hand give a less than helpful morale boost by always reminding you when your sales are down. Unquote

I'm still using Turbolister so I've not listed with the .com version but to me the hub is just the old selling manager displayed much differently, there are a few new features though.
Haven't looked into the customization features yet but I assume those are similar to the old Selling Manager too. When I do rearrange things those "sales" panels will quickly disappear!
Message 13 of 51
latest reply

I've  been using the seller hub on .COM for a long time....and I like it.

Recently I've begun listing things on .CA as well, and I have a tough time finding stuff I want to do the "old way".... I'll be glad when it is also hublike.

Actually I will be more glad when I can do everything from either site!!! This .COM .CA stuff is giving me split personality syndrome I think because I can't send .CA invoices from the .COM hub as an example, it's a pain having to be logged in on both sites all the time now....and always having to check whether I'm on .CA or .COM....

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:
Quote:
Like a wart it'll grow on you over time.

I love this so, so much. 

Message 15 of 51
latest reply

I hear you! I was going to set up a promoted listing campaign on .com & it instructed me to sign into the seller hub. I did not like the view either.  Very confusing in my mind but I too am old so perhaps that is it.

I had to phone eBay about something else and mentioned that to him. He took my feedback for all the good it will do. Once eBay has decided to make a change they don't seem to look back. The CSR did not tell me that I could opt out at present. Not sure if I should or not. If it is going to be mandatory down the road guess I need to get used to it but I don't have to like it!

Message 16 of 51
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Actually I will be more glad when I can do everything from either site!!! This .COM .CA stuff is giving me split personality syndrome I think because I can't send .CA invoices from the .COM hub as an example, it's a pain having to be logged in on both sites all the time now....and always having to check whether I'm on .CA or .COM....

Actually, even with selling manager I have always only been able to send an invoice from the site the listing was done on but other things such as as revising an item can be done when starting from either site using selling manager.  The impression that I got about sellers hub is that it works independently on each site however, I could be totally wrong about that.   I guess we will find out once it is on both .ca and .com.   Or perhaps @happy_pigeon knows the answer to that?

@happy_pigeon   I'm not sure if you saw my question in post 7.  If we set up a promo using promotions manager will it show that on other sites?  If not, can we set up the same promo on various sites?  As I mentioned in that post, I did notice that a promo set up on .com did not show up on .ca or the UK site.

Message 17 of 51
latest reply

I clicked on something perfectly innocuous in my Active listings (like maybe to browse to page two) and was slapped in the face with this. I assume this is a sample of what is to come and the thing to which the OP was referring.

I've white-outed the totals so that some yahoo can't come along in two days and tell me that my numbers suck so therefore I suck tooI've white-outed the totals so that some yahoo can't come along in two days and tell me that my numbers suck so therefore I suck too 

Message 18 of 51
latest reply

Thirty seconds later, when I tried to recreate it, this view was gone and replaced by the same old, same old. 

Message 19 of 51
latest reply

that is exactly what i experienced, only lasted briefly.

Message 20 of 51
latest reply