is the new seller hub going to be mandatory??

I just relisted an item , then when it flashed back to my ebay page, it was like I entered the 3rd dimension,, wow,  talk about overwhelming.. I hope this isn't the new seller hub, I only got to see it shortly, but nothing is where it is supposed to be.. it is like when they switched over the message boards, but 10 times worse.. I am worried.. too old for so many changes all at once.. 

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: is the new seller hub going to be mandatory??

Currently when I check under my subscriptions(Basic Store) it just shows Selling Manager. If I wanted to upgrade to Pro it would be 16.79 per month and no way to test drive it according to CS. Even in help there is no information on the actual differences.

-CM

Message 41 of 51
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:
Quote:
In the meantime if anyone has specifics on what exactly is included in the paid version of Selling Manager Pro and if it is worth the expense, please pass it on.
Unquote

Unless something has changed since March of 2017, all store subscription levels include Selling Manager Pro at no additional charge. The primary difference between the two versions is that Pro includes the ability to create and save Products and Templates. There is supposed to be additional traffic reports but those stopped functioning the last 8 or 9 months I had a store. So if you see the Create Product function you're already using the Pro version. Imo the Product/ Inventory tool included with the Pro version is a clumsy, confusing mishmash.... close to useless.

There were a few small things I missed when I went back to the standard free Selling Manager but nothing major.
I sure would never consider paying a monthly subscription just to access Selling Manager Pro.

Only Premium and Anchor stores get Selling Manager Pro free. Basic store had to pay for it.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/selling/ebay-seller-tools.html

Selling Manager Pro

Building on the great features of Selling Manager, Selling Manager Pro offers powerful extras that make it easy to maximize selling efficiency. Sellers can try Selling Manager Pro free for 30 days. Included free with all Anchor and Premium eBay Store subscriptions, Basic Store or non-Store subscribers pay only once their trial period is over.

Selling Manager (basic not Pro) is free for all users for many years. You need to subscribe to Selling Manger to use it. The Seller Hub is replacing Selling Manager (basic) on eBay.ca so subscribing to Selling Manager (basic) may not be possible right now and in the future.

How Selling Manager Pro integrates with the Seller Hub I do not know. The inventory and templates features of Selling Manager Pro are about the only thing that Selling Manager Pro has over Selling Manager Basic. But having used Selling Manager Pro for a few years and having used eBay Turbo Lister and third party tools like Auctiva and inkFrog, Selling Manager Pro inventory and template system is the most convoluted system ever designed.

Here is a link to Selling Manager features.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/selling/ebay-seller-tools.html#selling-manager

Here is a link to the Seller Hub since it is the tool that eBay will be available soon for all eBay.ca Canada sellers.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/selling/seller-hub.html

Message 42 of 51
latest reply

One last thing about Selling Manager Pro. Subscribing to Selling Manager Pro includes eBay Listing Designer free.  eBay Listing Designer is an option to add borders and font styles to listings through eBay. Normally eBay Listing Designer costs 10 cents a listing but is free to use with a subscription to Selling Manager Pro.

eBay no longer supports eBay Listing Designer and it is not included as an option in the New Advanced Listing form since it was introduced. Nor is it an option in the eBay Bulk Editor to add or remove.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/listing-designer.html

So users of eBay Listing designer have no way to turn off this feature.  If a seller cancels Selling Manager Pro and has used eBay Listing Designer in their listings, the seller will be charged 10 cents a listing since it is no longer free with the Selling Manager Pro subscription. Since there is no easy way to remove eBay Listing Designer, a seller ends up with a huge monthly bill.

eBay Turbo Lister still has the option to turn off eBay Listing Designer but it has to be done one by one in Turbo Lister. Since Turbo Lister has been discontinued since June 2017 but still working for now, the ability to remove eBay Listing Designer will be harder to do if Turbo Lister is not available.

This issue has been discussed in the eBay.com USA Tools & Apps forum and Selling forum. eBay member shipscript has posted a way to remove eBay Listing Designer using free eBay File Exchange. But File Exchange is had to understand and use but shipscript may be able to help. Go to the eBay.com USA forum Replacing Active Content and create a topic there if you have this issue and need help.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Replacing-Active-Content/bd-p/activecontent

I would advise anyone using eBay Listing Designer to remove it from their listings before being caught up in this issue and having a large eBay monthly bill.

PS eBay Listing Designer does not insert HTML in the listing description so editing a listing and removing HTML will not help since it is not there. The HTML code is outside the eBay description surrounding it and is an eBay listing option that is turned off and on by the seller. But the option for the seller to turn it off and on is no longer easily available.

tyler@ebay  @happy_pigeon  Please confirm that what I posted is correct about eBay Listing Designer. Is there any way to remove it for sellers who use eBay Listing Designer?

Message 43 of 51
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Currently when I check under my subscriptions(Basic Store) it just shows Selling Manager. If I wanted to upgrade to Pro it would be 16.79 per month and no way to test drive it according to CS. Even in help there is no information on the actual differences.

-CM

Google search is your best friend.

The information is most likely from old dead eBay pages still on the sites but not directly accessible anymore. Most information should still be correct but some features may not exist or are being part of the new Seller Hub and any new features may not be included.

https://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/questions/differences-myebay-sm-smpro.html

http://pages.ebay.com/fm/en-us/selling_manager/comparison.html (really old as it has Blackthorn still listed)

Message 44 of 51
latest reply

I should think that the value-added features to Seller Manager Pro will be largely irrelevant within a very short period of time. The (lacklustre) Seller Hub is where it's at now. Or will be soon, if you haven't yet received your invitation.

I'm a little surprised it's taking this long to roll out to all sellers, as we've been told time and time again that there's not enough of us to warrant bestowing the goodies that come to ebay for its other users like ebay.com and ebay.co.uk. Yes, the subtext is that I'm still annoyed at the absence of Promotions Manager which is the only thing that would have made switching to the Seller Hub have an actual point in my opinion. 

Message 45 of 51
latest reply

I received the update yesterday, and I could care less for it, too much info I don't need, and I have to hunt for things ,  I want to opt out, but if I will be forced to go that route down the road, then that is kinda useless, might as well suck it up now..

My biggest beef is when I click on active listings, it is too large, I like to be able to click on auctions, ending,  no where to do that,   perhaps the Pidgeon  could answer this question,,  if I am not happy with the seller hub, can I opt out, and never have to worry about it being forced on me,...

because as far as I can tell everything else is still the same (thank goodness),  I can click on my ebay bell and still see things the normal way, like sold, awaiting shipping, etc.. it is only when I click on seller, then it all goes to the supposedly better update.. thumbs down from me..

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

You can opt-out of Seller Hub right now. There's a link to do so at the top right-hand side of the page. At some point down the road, I believe the opt-out will be overruled, however.  (Happy_p is away from the office this week so she won't be back to answer questions for a bit; there was a post to that effect.) 

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

that was my question, if i opt out.. am i going to forced to receive it eventually.. because there are things missing, and there are things that should be front t and center that are not,, 

Why are sales reports , up, and or down front.. they should be a link to click on,,

i want to see, first my items for sale, my auctions, my offers, etc.... i prefer the old way, can it be tweeked,, sure, but they added to much useless **bleep**,  .

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

It can be tweaked, you have to play with the Customization option, as did I. I wrote a post about it. 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Seller-Hub-Likes-and-Dislikes/td-p/400534

Also, there are Sales Reports in several different forms. You can find them here or here.

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 8.38.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-28 at 8.41.25 PM.png

Message 49 of 51
latest reply

Just got it now and I like it.
Message 50 of 51
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

One last thing about Selling Manager Pro. Subscribing to Selling Manager Pro includes eBay Listing Designer free.  eBay Listing Designer is an option to add borders and font styles to listings through eBay. Normally eBay Listing Designer costs 10 cents a listing but is free to use with a subscription to Selling Manager Pro.

eBay no longer supports eBay Listing Designer and it is not included as an option in the New Advanced Listing form since it was introduced. Nor is it an option in the eBay Bulk Editor to add or remove.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/listing-designer.html

So users of eBay Listing designer have no way to turn off this feature.  If a seller cancels Selling Manager Pro and has used eBay Listing Designer in their listings, the seller will be charged 10 cents a listing since it is no longer free with the Selling Manager Pro subscription. Since there is no easy way to remove eBay Listing Designer, a seller ends up with a huge monthly bill.

eBay Turbo Lister still has the option to turn off eBay Listing Designer but it has to be done one by one in Turbo Lister. Since Turbo Lister has been discontinued since June 2017 but still working for now, the ability to remove eBay Listing Designer will be harder to do if Turbo Lister is not available.

This issue has been discussed in the eBay.com USA Tools & Apps forum and Selling forum. eBay member shipscript has posted a way to remove eBay Listing Designer using free eBay File Exchange. But File Exchange is had to understand and use but shipscript may be able to help. Go to the eBay.com USA forum Replacing Active Content and create a topic there if you have this issue and need help.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Replacing-Active-Content/bd-p/activecontent

I would advise anyone using eBay Listing Designer to remove it from their listings before being caught up in this issue and having a large eBay monthly bill.

PS eBay Listing Designer does not insert HTML in the listing description so editing a listing and removing HTML will not help since it is not there. The HTML code is outside the eBay description surrounding it and is an eBay listing option that is turned off and on by the seller. But the option for the seller to turn it off and on is no longer easily available.

tyler@ebay  @happy_pigeon  Please confirm that what I posted is correct about eBay Listing Designer. Is there any way to remove it for sellers who use eBay Listing Designer?

Hi @pocomocomputing - sorry to be so delayed in getting to this question! While that may have been the case in the past, I can no longer find help pages or internal resources that state that Listing Designer is included free with a subscription to Selling Manager Pro.

One of the reasons it was discontinued as a service from more modern listing tools is that we didn't show any actual improvement to sales conversion when it was used. In other words, it made for pretty window dressing but didn't have any noticeable impact on passers-by.

Because it's not a service that is available to select any longer, I don't think that it would create issues for newer listings. However, for long tail inventory that is old (Good Til Cancelled, repeatedly relisted, etc) it could still be present.

I think if anyone is seeing it on existing listings asking for ShipScript's help is a great idea - she's brilliant and has helped thousands in her time on the boards. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 51 of 51
latest reply