CP outlet destroyed my shippo label for fraud!

tobyshitzu
Community Member
<p>This happened today sept 5. at an outlet Ive been at hundreds of times. &nbsp;Though only to dropoff prepaid labels or pickup parcels for a number of years</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I drop my large parcel and on the way out and I get instructed to wait. &nbsp;Staffer tells me my last label was never paid. &nbsp;Weird, knowing shippo was an issue Ive checked online, and they all were scanned by the outlet/delivered fine. &nbsp;Of course she gets "the message" scanning the new one. &nbsp;So I explain it all to her..which she doesn't believe, tells me Im blocked for owing money etc. &nbsp;The manager was yapping on the phone so she couldn't follow my instruction to calll. &nbsp;Finallly tells me she doesnt care anymore and will send it along "but it will come back". &nbsp;very rude about this</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>When I came home I called CP to see if they could contact the outlet. &nbsp;"Can't do that, we can open a complaint that will be dealt with within 5 days". &nbsp;Commercial support tells me she doesnt know anything about it, thinks I should calll paypal, and that she gets calls from postmasters asking about these labels and she doesn't know what to tell them.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Then I get a call from the manager of the outlet (never seen her before, must be newish) who apparently did decide to call CP. &nbsp;Rude/angry!! &nbsp;Tells me its not paid for and they aren't sending it. &nbsp;Try to tell her this is a knowm issue and its just slightly different. &nbsp;She thinks Im trying to send something without paying and that is that (apparently CP support told her that). &nbsp;I told her Id come get my parcel with the intention of taking it elsewhere</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I had emailed shippo, and got near instant reply with the "supplier account" instructions. &nbsp;Printed that and my reciept and went back. &nbsp;The postal manager had already used a marker to cross off the label address multiple times, and wrote a huge "return to sender" on the parcel! &nbsp;So they read the instructions, after claiming their machine "doesnt have supplier account", they find it and scan it. &nbsp; Then they hand write another address label and stick one over what they ruined. &nbsp;Buyer is going to wonder what the heck I did with what it looks like now &nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Ridiculous after all these months this is still happening, apparently in cooperation with CP support. &nbsp; Imagine if the 25 small items I had put in the mailbox Monday were all Shippo labels, and the outlet had destroyed them all.</p>
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: CP outlet destroyed my shippo label for fraud!

Shippo will do nothing for you, they will put the blame on you the post office eBay PayPal Trump?

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Shippo related question

I have not used Shippo yet and after reading the OP comments, I am kinda leary now about attempting to use it at all.

My questions are:

1. Do the majority of you sellers suggest I use Shippo or would you recommend the old fashioned way of taking your packages to Canada Post counter and have them done up manually?

2. Using the Shippo online service, is it an easy app to use, or have you found it difficult to understand?

Thanks in advance for all responses! 🙂

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

I have not signed up for Shippo and I do not take shipments to Postal outlets to have them prepare them manually.  I continue to use PayPal shipping labels just as I did when eBay allowed us to use PayPal shipping. I have the integrated Canada Post Solutions for Small Business/PayPal which gives the ability to go directly through PayPal and continue to use PayPal shipping labels as usual, but with smaller discounts than Shippo on some shipping methods.I have also used Canada Post's online Snap Ship Service when they have promos - only drawback there is having to pay with credit card rather than using PayPal funds but everything is relatively easy for printing shipping labels. Have also taken advantage of Canada Post's  Free Shipping Tuesdays which offers free shipping on 1 Expedited Parcel within Canada on Tuesdays during the month of October.(Shipping labels cannot be purchased until Tuesday as there is a promo code that must be applied).

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

I haven't had any problems using shippo although some do seem to dislike it and/or have had a problem. You can try using it a couple of times and see how you like it, just because you sign up for it doesn't mean that you are committed to using it.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

I had the same experience. I had to go home, phone the 1-800 number and go back with instructions for the postal clerk.  I like the old system where I could buy my label right off paypal.  Now its Shippo to buy a Canada Post label and pay with paypal.  Too convoluted imo.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Sellers do not have to use Shippo but can go directly through PayPal same as before - difference being that Shippo has better discounts on some of the shipping methods.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply