A significant portion of my buy it now item prices have been changed

Many of my listing prices have been altered (lowered) with no input from me. Anyone know why?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. My previous sale prices reverted to normal after the sale last year. In January about 20% of my prices changed back to the old sale prices. All good now. 

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Can you show a screenshot?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

williaric220_0-1679427217556.jpeg

Sorry for the poor quality. .jpeg is not accepted so i had to copy and paste. The cards listed at $3.40 were originally $3.99

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

and how soon after you listed these items did you notice the prices were different?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

That's interesting. There's no indication of anything like a promotion or something running. If you go into one of the listings, does it show any revisions? There should be a link that appears right under the "about this item" and "shipping, returns & payments" tabs. It should say when the last update to the listing was along with a link to show what was changed.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

From one of the affected listing pages, I went into the Revision History and the last price revision is listed as being from January of this year.  Curious.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Yes it is. I wouldn't revise a price with an odd amount like I'm seeing. Most of my listings end with a nine. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

These seem to have been revised in January. The weird thing is the revised prices are the same as what my last sale set them at. That sale ended last June. Many of the items from the sale have not been revised. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Just this month some of my sales have been for the lower price. The revision history shows they were revised in January but not by me. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

does anyone else have access to your eBay account? ...such as a friend and/or family member?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

No.  I think its an eBay glitch. It coincides with a mass change i did to shipping charges in January. Everyone has been helpful in narrowing down the problem. Thanks. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Areyou listing on dot COM or dotCA?

Because on dotCOM you would have stable prices in USD but when you look at the same listings on dotCA, the price in loonies will vary with the exchange rate.

This site shows the mid-market rate, which is only vaguely related to the retail rate you and I deal with. Scroll down a bit on the page to see the ups and downs over the past year.

https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=CAD

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

.ca prices are stable in Canadian dollars and don't change. Only US customers will see prices change with the exchange rate. I've never seen my prices change in over 20 years until now. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Did you make that mass change during a sale you had running, if so that is the issue.

All your prices are set to the sale price you had...

It is not a glitch it is set up that way...

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. My previous sale prices reverted to normal after the sale last year. In January about 20% of my prices changed back to the old sale prices. All good now. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply