shipping change

I am in Canada but live close to Niagara Falls, NY.   I usually use a parcel service in Niagara Falls to receive my purchases.  I bought something in the spring and at the time the border was closed for 30 days and the seller agreed to hold shipping until that changed.  However, they keep rolling over the 30 day border closure and it doesn't look like it's going to open any time soon.

In discussions with the seller we figured out it would cost $17 more to ship it usps to me in canada and therein lies my problem.  I can't figure out how to send the extra to change the shipping method.  Ebay and PayPal aren't much help either because i need an email address which Ebay won't let him send.

Any suggestions, solutions or ideas would be helpful

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

shipping change

Your original purchase using PayPal will have the seller’s email address. It is a bit hard to find but someone will post how to do this.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

shipping change

apparently, once the transaction is complete, you can ask for an email for payment, it doesn't break any rules.  don't take me to court for this, but i have seen it many times confirmed.. Also if the seller can still find your original payment notice, they can click on reply, and it will show your email.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

shipping change

You bought an item in the USA and had it shipped to Niagara Falls NY.

It arrived promptly but is now stuck due to border closing.

You want to send the seller money to ship the parcel to Canada.

Well, no.

Once the parcel arrived at the address you gave the shipper, her job is finished.

It is up to the BUYER to ensure that the destination address is usable.

It is neither your fault nor your responsibility that the border is closed and you cannot go in person to pick up your parcel.

So pick up your phone.

Call the place that is holding your parcel.

Ask if they could put it in the mail for you. Since you are an existing customer and since they really want to get the darn parcel off the shelf, ask politely how much they would charge to do this.

You could even tell them you will email a pdf of a USPS shipping label that they just have to fasten to your parcel and add to their daily post office run. You can do this through Shippo, but you would need to sign up with them and have a Canada Post Solutions for Small Business number, available free from the nearest PO.

Getting the seller, who again has done her job properly, involved is too complicated.

Talk to your parcel service.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

shipping change

@femmefan1946 wrote:

You bought an item in the USA and had it shipped to Niagara Falls NY.

It arrived promptly but is now stuck due to border closing.

The OP says that the Seller has been holding the package until the border is open. The OP wants to switch their address and pay extra so the Seller can ship the purchase to Canada.

@artdeco18 

Have the Seller send a paypal invoice to your email address for the extra shipping cost. Give the Seller your Canadian address and email address that you want billed.

You can break up the email address into parts to get around the bots.

artdeco18 at email-provider for example might work

If the Seller keeps their old paypal email notifications they can reply to the message of your purchase to have your email show up.

-..-

Message 5 of 5
latest reply