How to deal with non-payers

anurri
Community Member
I have experienced 3 non-payers in a very short time. I have never experienced one before. What are other sellers experiencing and how are you dealing with them?
Thanks,
Anurri
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Are you aware of your ability to use an "Unpaid Item Dispute" case against them after 4 days of non-payment?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes, I am using that, but am wondering how often others are encountering them.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

"wondering how often others are encountering them"

It very much depends how you define "non payers".

Some sellers expect all buyers to pay within 24 hours and look at a buyer who has not paid within two days as a "non payer".

Personally, i expect to get paid within a week or so, as stated in my listings, and do not worry too much if it takes ten days for the buyer to arrange payment.  It is a question of perspective and expectations.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@anurri wrote:
Yes, I am using that, but am wondering how often others are encountering them.

Some sellers seem to get them more than others as itt can depend on the category.  I think sellers that run auctions may tend to have more non payers as people may bid then forget that they have, or find another one to buy before the auction is over.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

My category is postage stamps.

I run about 1% non payers, however, I just use the automagic 32 day "unpaid item" process - normally they've gotten around to paying by then.....

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

My category is postage stamps.

I run about 1% non payers, however, I just use the automagic 32 day "unpaid item" process - normally they've gotten around to paying by then.....

32 days....Stamp sellers seem to be more patient than I will every be. 🙂

It seems that in some categories, if people haven't paid within a week AND haven't contacted the seller, chances that they will ever pay are slim. I tend to be more antsy about payment for an item that I have 1 of as compared to when I have multiples of the same item.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Many pay after a week or two. It is rare to hear from them after 3 weeks....many of the late payers are overseas, I've always figured they're working on getting their money into PAYPAL.....which is causing the delay....
Message 8 of 8
latest reply