Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Question about the new Powerseller program

I have a question in regards to the new powerseller program and have been reading the new guidelines. I would like some clarification on the following point: Canadian sellers will be able to qualify for the US Top-rated seller program by meeting the ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

1993 China Panda Gold Proof Set - Need help

Hi Everyone, I'm still not ready to take my store off of vacation status as I am still working through many issues with my Dad's estate. One of these issues is...how do I find the value of a 1993 China Panda Gold Proof Set made by the Washington Mint...

PayPal Error during Seller Fees One Time Payment

This morning when clicking "one time payment" I get to the following page on PayPal: Sorry — your last action could not be completed If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email f...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Customs Refused Buyer's Item Being Returned

I shipped a Tiara to England and Buyer was upset at being charged duties. Proceeded with claim saying "Item not as Described" and wanted full refund plus duty and cost for return. PayPal ruled that she should return item at her expense and provide th...

Need help about a buyer issue, please...

Hi, I have a buyer who emailed me about a possible mistake with his order, he said he took a chance to email me before to leave negative. I have a return policy and told him to return the item for a refund, and even offered to ship a little gift for ...

"Not as described dispute" in PayPal, who is going to be believed ?

Hi, I have a buyer who just opened a Not as described dispute in PayPal. In reality, he purchased a group of uncleaned ancient coins, tried to clean them, ruined them and return them for a refund. He only said that the item was not as described and r...

A new wrinkle with USPS

Apparently, the USPS offices have now been instructed not to scan incoming mail at all, which is going to make it tough to prove that you've dropped mail off. There is a solution - it's called a SCAN form. Apparently, when you finish buying all of yo...

Sales Report by Item...

Hello All, I have not used the sales reports within eBay in depth at this time, just the usual superficial reports for sales by month, day of week, etc... I would like to access a report, that would tell me which items sold over the last year, actual...

Paypal Problems Whats next ?

Ok fine do the 1% Dissatisfaction For Description and 2% for S/H Fee's / Ship Time Ect ... whatever more free shipping higher prices fix this issue no big deal ready for April 2010 . Paypal / ebay contact me on Monday and do a 3% Reserve on my money ...

Canadian dollar exchange rate discussion

Hi, Like many of you (selling in US$), I am keeping an eye on the exchange rate everyday. Analysts and economists are always trying to predict where it is going and why it is changing, but most of the time they curiously don't seem to know what they ...

Anyone shipping from USA ?

I would like to start sending my US and international parcels from USA. Found this article: http://www.canadabusiness.ca/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1085667968866〈=en&pagename=CBSC_ON/display&c=GuideInfoGuide The documentation required for informal ent...

• 74 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tell Us About Your "it" Item Purchased on eBay

We wanted to give you a quick heads-up about our new eBay “it” marketing campaign which launched recently. The campaign is designed to celebrate the extremely wide range of great things you can buy on eBay, just in time for the holiday shopping seaso...

Ad refused by AdCommerce

Hi, I have been using AdCommerce for a while with a few ads that was targeting Canada and USA. With the sucess I got, I decided to expend my ads to other countrys. AdCommerce turned down two of my new ads with a bogus reason about using URL in my ads...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

New E-bay policy regarding insurance;

It does not look like that e-bay is well versed on Canada post insurance coverage; within Canada the maximum coverage a person can purchase is $5000.00, to ship to the US is $2000.00 with Expedited, Express and priority post only. Overseas is $100.00...

comparison of shipping services

We use Expedited Parcel a lot. Many of our expedited parcels exceeded the guaranteed delivery time sitting at postal facility. I selected few destinations and compared selected services in terms of economy and speed. It's kind of interesting. I wish ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canadian Small Packages/Oversize Lettermail

Has anyone heard anything regarding if Canada Post shipping through Paypal will be offering online postage purchase for small envelopes shipped within Canada? Currently there is nothing except regular parcel mail which if purchased online through Pay...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

how big is your dog

this thread is too see how long it takes eBay to censor / delete it. they tend to pull all my posts / threads down. I have a bluetick coonhound named Pepper. She's 70 pounds. It takes two hands to pick up her poop. You can see pictures of her here: h...

The N00bie train

Is it just me or have you noticed that more and more bidders have a 10 feedback or lower? I have 4 active listings on right now, 3 of the bidders have 0 feedback. Don't get me wrong, I have zero (no pun intended) problem with new eBayers as long as t...

AuctionBytes: Big Changes Being Announced On Monday

I'll post this on the Selling on Ebay board too so that more people see it. [url http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y209/m07/abu0243/s02]eBay Sellers Should Brace for Monday's Major Announcement[/url] eBay is making a major announcement on Monday, C...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Censorship on the forum

Twice my post has been put down by eBay moderators. Twice unwarranted. First time I posted address of my mailbox company. We are not allowed to post "people's" addresses. Hello, I am renting the address, it's mine. Second time I mentioned Craig Newma...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Not required to accept Paypal

220455785629 This seller has an interesting way to get around the rule. Since almost no one has a "Discover" credit card, cheques and money orders it isB-) Bernie

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer threatens NEG over GST

I am a legitimate business, and have been for over 4 years. I am registered and required to collect GST for the federal government which I do. In all of my listings I state I charge taxes. My sellers notes clearly state I charge taxes. When I send an...

AdCommerce

So..... just activated a campaign to see if and how this works. One has to leave it to eBay management when it come to ways of making sellers part with money Cheers Bernie

• 132 replies
  • 0 helpful

Suspended for Seller Non-Performance policy

I woke up this morning to find out my account has been suspended a breach of the Seller Non-Performance policy. I received a warning last month about low DSR's and have been working hard to get them to improve, which they very slowly have. Non of the...

Changes coming to the PowerSeller program TBA soon

A lot of this looks good, if it's true. http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2009/7/1248058245.html eBay will change its PowerSeller program in the United States later this year by adding a top-rated seller designation. (We wrote in ...

Sure hope ebay doesn't try this here!

eBay Australia Announces New Pricing, End of Store Inventory Format http://auctionbytes.com/cab/cab/abn/y09/m07/i15/s01 eBay Australia is eliminating Store inventory format effective September 10, 2009, and is launching the 30-day fixed-price format ...

Free Subtitle Ended June 30th... Question...

Most of my listing have 'Free Shipping' indicated in the sub title, which of course was free until June 30th... Question: Am I correct in assuming that if my listings are 'good till cancelled', then each month when the listing is renewed, and it cont...

Paypal USD/CAD exchange rates are not consistent

Since this has now happened twice, I realize it is not a coincidence. Last night at 20:02:33 I transferred $535 from our PP account to our bank account. The rate was 1.14770. Then at 20:04:18 (less than 2 minutes later), I transferred $275 from anoth...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

How To: Exporting Duty Free Items to USA under $2000

We had a thread on this board where we discussed exporting to USA for the purpose of shipping by USPS. I have learned a great deal here and do this twice a week now. A member approached me to help him with exporting. The official information is here:...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post Survey

A while back eBay members had a chance to make suggestions to Canada Post. Most members suggested a book rate like US Post has and also a small packet rate for packages sent within Canada. Has anyone heard any more on this.

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.