Issue about USPS Priority Mail International shipment to Canada

ericwang0658
Community Member

Hello everyone, I've bought a set of golf clubs last week and they are being shipped to Toronto, Canada from California. The sender shipped out the package via USPS Priority Mail International on Monday, June 3rd.

But since June 5th, there were no updates from USPS or Canada Post on the status of the package. The last update was "Your item has arrived at a sort facility at 2:24 pm on June 5, 2013 in ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)." 

According to Canada Post, the "International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada“. However, a friend of mine told me it usually take less than 72 hours for packages to arrive and clear the Canadian Custom when they are sent out from Western United States. 

I have also called customer service for both Canada Post and USPS. The USPS agent told me to be patient since the delivery standard is 6-10 business days. While the Canada Post agent said it is odd for this package to not arrive since it has already been 5 days since the day of shipping.

Any ideas on the whereabouts of the package based on past experiences? Does it usually take that long for packages to arrive when they are shipped out from California to Toronto?

Thanks a lot for your help! 

Eric 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Are you getting this information from the USPS site or Egypt post? There is probably more information on the Egypt post site.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

r.alani
Community Member

Not to revive a dead thread, but a parcel of mine seems to be enjoying racking return mileage between Louisville and Ontario before heading my way in Toronto.

Capture.JPG

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD

FROM 2013

Advice offered in old threads may be out of date and inaccurate.

If you can't find a thread that is less than six months old, start a new one.

Also your parcel was posted on Friday and today is Monday.

My only concern is that someone thinks you are in one of several towns named Ontario in the USA.

But if your seller used the correct postal code and addressed it CANADA, it should arrive by Friday.

Check your Paypal and eBay addresses to show your province as ON, not Ontario.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@r.alani wrote:

Not to revive a dead thread, but a parcel of mine seems to be enjoying racking return mileage between Louisville and Ontario before heading my way in Toronto

I think it's more likely a glitch.  The second scan in Louisville is probably a delayed transmission.  It's very unlikely that the package went from processing in Ontario (Mississauga?) to Louisville in only three hours.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Makes sense as a possible explanation. 

Not a complaint or issue at this point as parcel is still within the allotted delivery time, I just found a bit of humor in the return journey should that have been the case.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 26 of 26
latest reply