Item Ships via GSP, Seller Accepted Best Offer But....

Just sent an offer on a jacket and the seller accepted it. 
Auction is set up via GSP however after the offer was accepted I go to pay and it states:

Unfortunately, this seller won't ship this item to BC, Canada. Here is what you can do:

• Update your shipping address and try again.
  • Please contact the seller to request order total.

I contacted the seller but no reply, anyone seen this before and if so how is it remedied?

Cheers

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Item Ships via GSP, Seller Accepted Best Offer But....

marnotom!
Community Member
It would be useful to see the listing in question to check to see if Canada has somehow wound up on a list of countries excluded from international shipping or if there are other clues that might indicate an accidental block of sorts.

I’d understand if you’re unwilling to share the listing page, but do appreciate that if we can’t see it, it may make it more difficult to provide useful insights and advice.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Just sent an offer on a jacket and the seller accepted it.

How long has the seller had to respond?
You posted at  2130hr. Eastern Time.

She may have gone to bed or be making dinner, depending on her own schedule.

Keep in mind that many Best Offers have enabled automatic acceptance of offers that fit into the seller's given parameters.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

The offer was made this afternoon and was accepted 10 mins later followed by an email from ebay to pay for it, I am fully aware of auto accepted offers. 
Regardless, the auction was set up for GSP and they seller therefore has to do nothing. 
I should be able to pay and then the seller would get notified as such and be asked to ship it to KY. 

Item  164448147793

They do ship to Canada. 
When I try to pay I get this

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I'm viewing the listing on my laptop and the seller has a very hefty-looking exclusion list for "ships-to" countries and regions.  PO boxes are also on the exclusion list.  Do you have a PO box on your shipping address or something that could be construed as one by a badly-programmed bot?  Could one of the excluded countries or regions be part of your shipping address, say, for example, "Burkina Faso Crescent"?  

I also did a Google search to see if there's any anecdotal evidence that A&F stuff is problematic to ship through the Global Shipping Program but came up empty there.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yeah I spoke with ebay and they claimed since I sent and offer and the seller accepted that it became no longer eligible for GSP.
So I asked the seller to relist it at the offer price and it worked...either way it makes no sense.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

It might be that the recalculation of the import charges for an offer is something beyond the capabilities of the GSP bot.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Well I have done it many times, never an issue.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Have those sellers had extensive exclusion lists, though? I’m now wondering if this particular seller has set up their listings in such a manner that if the GSP weren’t on the listing, purchases from GSP countries would be blocked, too.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Canada was listed as shippable. 

Ebay told me there is an issue at times with an offer where it glitches out and the offer is accepted but not via GSP. 
He relisted it with the offer I sent him and I hit the BIN and all worked as it should have.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Yes, I know Canada is listed as shippable, but I’m wondering if the seller unchecked the “use the Global Shipping Program” box when creating the listing for the jacket, Canada and other GSP-shippable countries would be added to the listing’s unnecessarily large exclusion list.

The error message you got reads like one a buyer would get if their shipping address was outside of a seller’s “ships to” list. It may be a glitch caused by the use of best offer, but I’m thinking that the trigger is the aggressive use of the exclusion list.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I doubt that It had anything to do with the exclusion list since there was a shipping cost for Canada via the gsp.  Although I don’t always agree with what cs says, I bet that they were right in this case.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Here we go again 🤪

Yes, there’s a shipping cost to Canada, yes, the seller ships to Canada, but via the GSP.

My hypothesis is that if everything about this listing were the same except for the GSP, Canada and the other 100 GSP-eligible countries would be covered by the seller’s exclusion list too. The GSP partially overrides that exclusion list.

Somehow, the use of best offer is picking up the seller’s complete exclusion list, not the one modified by the GSP.

I think it’s a reasonable hypothesis based on very limited evidence. I don’t think the use of best offer without any other factors at play could trigger the message that @bobenis received, but I’ll grant that the coding of this website does have more than its share of quirks 😄

And really, I’m not saying anything significantly different than what the CSR said; I’m just offering a possible trigger for the “glitching out”.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply