Your item is being inspected on shipping hub

bad--45
Community Member
Over a week item still stuck on inspect at shipping hub it’s a video game console I called eBay and told me to wait but says one month to deliver from Illinois to Canada.
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Your item is being inspected on shipping hub

4 of those packages were refused and returned to me.

If the buyers refused the packages, you don't have to refund them.

So the time it took for the packages to get back to you is not important.

You don't owe the refusniks a penny.

I copied this discussion a while back.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?...

This is the part I'm referring to

Exclusions and special coverage when the buyer doesn't receive an item

Items collected by a third party on behalf of the buyer 
Not covered

The buyer arranged their own shipping method, such as a courier pickup 
Not covered

The buyer provided an invalid or incorrect address at checkout 
Not covered

An ethical seller would refund the payment, less shipping costs, eBay fees, and international payment processing fees.
But it's my belief that eBay will not require any refund.

Hi @femmefan1946! You're correct in that a refused package is on the buyer and not the sellers responsibility to refund. As long as tracking shows the package was refused, then we would side with a seller if the buyer opened an Item Not Received claim. 

I agree that I would not withhold all the money, but it is up to the seller if they would like to withhold shipping, refund the buyer entirely, or keep it all. If the seller is okay with refunding the buyer entirely and being out the shipping costs, then they can cancel the transaction using the buyer requested option since in essence, they did by refusing the package. If the seller wants to retain the shipping costs, then they can message the buyer a heads up (not a requirement but a nice thing to do) and then refund them partially through this flow here. 
Velvet,

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

ac05jn
Community Member

ebay says "Arrived at shipping hub, item is being inspected". click the link to go to usps tracking website - page does not load.. but go to usps directly and enter the number, it says it has been delivered to someone in CAROL STREAM, IL (1700 miles in the wrong direction).. i'm guessing/hoping this was "delivered" to their 3rd party cosolidation shipper... sigh.

ps, i am very careful not to use ups. the first time was the last time, 20 years ago when they charged me a $20 brokerage ransom on a $20 item from usa to canada.

isn't it interesting how i can get delivery from the other side of the world (china) without paying taxes, duty, or ransom? almost as if somone was trying to give china an advantage over the usa.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@ac05jn wrote:

ebay says "Arrived at shipping hub, item is being inspected". click the link to go to usps tracking website - page does not load.. but go to usps directly and enter the number, it says it has been delivered to someone in CAROL STREAM, IL (1700 miles in the wrong direction).. i'm guessing/hoping this was "delivered" to their 3rd party cosolidation shipper... sigh.

Unless the item should have arrived by now, it's too soon to worry about its whereabouts and there's really no reason to keep a close eye on your item's tracking at this point.  If you really do need to get a sense of how your item's progressing in transit, I suggest using a third-party tracking site that's able to pull together the tracking information from all the different carriers and logistics companies that are handling your item.  Parcelsapp is a good one.

But, yes, Carol Stream seems to be the location of a hub for eIS.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Your item wasn't lost, this happens way too many times and happened to many times with desired items.
Ebay will never admit but these parcels get stolen by their own workers they probably carry out an internal investigation but never tell us the truth. Is always just LOST
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Hi, eBay has issued a refund to me, probably a few days until I received my money. Money is not the issue my issue Is this has happened before and happens so many times with others, some desired items reaches ebay shipping hub which is just a person's address that works for ebay and is assigned to ship the parcel to me, I have my own opinions on this that these parcels are stolen by ebay workers. I guess they carry out their own internal investigation but never tell us the truth. I didn't ask for a refund. I clicked and selected that I want the item still and want to find out exactly what happened to it.

Instead, they ignored my questions and issued me a refund straight away and closed the case. Even when I didn't ask for a refund, I wanted answers.

Ebay is becoming less and less trustworthy
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

eBay International Shipping seems to be very squeamish about forwarding older electronic items or items containing batteries. I suggest that for problematic items like these you bypass eIS by registering with a reputable forwarding service based in a US state where “internet tax” isn’t charged (otherwise you’ll be paying state sales taxes) and using that service’s address as your “ship to” address. Or just have the items sent to a friend in the US who can hold onto or forward the item themselves, just like in the old days of eBay when you’d be dealing with a seller who didn’t want to ship outside of the US.

The downside to these workarounds is that your eligibility for eBay’s Money Back Guarantee program (should there be a problem with the sale) may be limited.
Message 26 of 26
latest reply