March 18 2020 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions, I'll be around tomorrow afternoon to work on answers for you!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: March 18 2020 Weekly Session

Hello,

This is not a question but a frustration. I just ended all my listing.

eBay just end a case against me. They did nothing to protect me and now I have probably lost my merchandise. If you're unlucky and you sell to a scam, eBay won't protect you.

So here are the details of my problem. I sold a RED Valentino skirt to a lady and when she receives it, she claims that it's not authentic because the tag of the skirt it's inside and it's in plastic. Plus that brand doesn't have those kinds of tags. She hasn't collaborated at all, all she cares it's what eBay will say. 

First of all, she provides two photos. In the picture, you can clearly see that the tag is made of fabric. There's no plastic as she claims. Secondly, no brand will put their tag outside especially when it's a cocktail cloth. To finish, I provide a direct link to the website of the brand. It shows a dress, we can clearly see the tag which it's the same but bigger because it's a dress.

So when I provided all that, eBay did nothing else than ask me to do the refund and pay for the shipping fees to have my merchandise back. They say that they are also protecting sellers but this is only words. They were not able to say that my merchandise isn't authentic but didn't leave me other choices but loose everything. I won't buy or sell on eBay anymore because they won't protect me if something like this happens. I was lucky before that case. All the buyers and sellers were honest so I didn't have any problem but now I can clearly see how they manage our problems. They support scam so good luck if you're honest and you do business or even buy here.

I would probably sell on Amazon from now.

Plus, eBay shoudn't say that insertion fees are 0$ when we list a product. eBay end up taking fees.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Tyler, do you know if the boards private messaging service is working??

I ask, because I've sent private messages to a number of people, including you, over the last couple weeks and nobody has responded to any of them.

Just checking to make sure PM is actually working.....

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

amcdc79
Community Member

Hello tyler,

First-A big thank you to ebay is in order for the VERO program and that it seems when I do point out counterfeit items in my neck of the woods, the items are taken down.

I have noticed an increase in views and sales due to most of the population having to social distance themselves. There may be more sales, but it would seem that CP is now unable to deliver the items in a timely manner. Will there be more leeway given to sellers, due to this situation?

Also regarding the items that are being hoarded by sellers hoping to profiteer on the site, will ebay keep an eye on the listings that are gouging the consumer? Right now there are listings for one sheet of TP. I'm sure we all know that would not go far, and is there plans in the works for ebay to shut these listings down? Should we report them or leave it to ebay to respond?

We know that in normal times, ebay can almost run itself, and in a perfect world it probably could. Is ebay taking measures that will enable it's employees and especially it's customer service ones to stay on the job?

To all sellers and ebay staff, please follow best practices, much success and stay positive and healthy, this time shall pass.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Hello tyler, over on the .com boards there are comments about Turbo Lister being retired as of the end of June 2020. Evidently, users have been receiving emails from eBay about the closure. I have been using TL2 on two accounts for 15 yrs and have not rec’d any email. Can you confirm that this date is correct for us in Canada and if so, why has there not been any announcement here?

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Hi -  I'd like to know why ebays main seller hub page is totally broken?  It's is a mess and looks like something from 1998!FireShot Capture 017 - Overview - eBay Seller Hub - www.ebay.ca.png

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Hey Tyler
With the Covid-19 outbreak are concierge members not currently being given the eBay assistance by phone option? I have a buyer requesting a return eBay approved where the buyer clearly states they made a mistake. Now the system expects me to pay return shipping, not only that now they want an exchange and I'll have another shipping fee back to them.  Please respond thanks Greg

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Any mention on how eBay is stepping up to the plate in regards to COVID issues?

Specifically COVID related shipping delays? Closed borders? Post-Office availability? USPS / CP package holding delays? And self-isolation issues?

Sellers shouldn't have to worry about penalties if, for any reason, they cannot post a purchased item.

And how are any and all issues being handled if eBays doors are open online but CS is closed by phone?

Kind Regards

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I'd really like a fix for the main seller hub page looking like a site from the 90's! All other pages on the site load normally and look fine.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@coralinh wrote:

Hello,

This is not a question but a frustration. I just ended all my listing.

eBay just end a case against me. They did nothing to protect me and now I have probably lost my merchandise. If you're unlucky and you sell to a scam, eBay won't protect you.

So here are the details of my problem. I sold a RED Valentino skirt to a lady and when she receives it, she claims that it's not authentic because the tag of the skirt it's inside and it's in plastic. Plus that brand doesn't have those kinds of tags. She hasn't collaborated at all, all she cares it's what eBay will say. 

First of all, she provides two photos. In the picture, you can clearly see that the tag is made of fabric. There's no plastic as she claims. Secondly, no brand will put their tag outside especially when it's a cocktail cloth. To finish, I provide a direct link to the website of the brand. It shows a dress, we can clearly see the tag which it's the same but bigger because it's a dress.

So when I provided all that, eBay did nothing else than ask me to do the refund and pay for the shipping fees to have my merchandise back. They say that they are also protecting sellers but this is only words. They were not able to say that my merchandise isn't authentic but didn't leave me other choices but loose everything. I won't buy or sell on eBay anymore because they won't protect me if something like this happens. I was lucky before that case. All the buyers and sellers were honest so I didn't have any problem but now I can clearly see how they manage our problems. They support scam so good luck if you're honest and you do business or even buy here.

I would probably sell on Amazon from now.

Plus, eBay shoudn't say that insertion fees are 0$ when we list a product. eBay end up taking fees.

Hi @coralinh - sorry to hear that this transaction didn't go as planned for either you or the buyer. 

In situations where a buyer has concerns that the item they received is significantly not as described and requests a return we will ask that you work out a resolution for them. If we are asked to step into the return it's possible we would ask you to arrange return shipping and issue a refund when you receive it back. If you do not arrange return shipping after we've asked you to do so there's a chance that we would issue a refund for the buyer without requiring them to return it to you. 

We did recently announce that there are additional protections coming for Sellers who are Top Rated, including being able to offer a less than full refund in the event you receive an item back in an altered condition. 

I realize that this experience is leaving you questioning what you are going to do with your online business, and I hope that while you may not agree with our process, that I've helped make it a bit clearer as to why we may have made that decision. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Tyler, do you know if the boards private messaging service is working??

I ask, because I've sent private messages to a number of people, including you, over the last couple weeks and nobody has responded to any of them.

Just checking to make sure PM is actually working.....

Hi @ricarmic! I didn't think there was and then I opened my messages here to see a bunch from folks. Sorry about that! I'll review and reply. 🙂 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@amcdc79 wrote:

Hello tyler,

First-A big thank you to ebay is in order for the VERO program and that it seems when I do point out counterfeit items in my neck of the woods, the items are taken down.

I have noticed an increase in views and sales due to most of the population having to social distance themselves. There may be more sales, but it would seem that CP is now unable to deliver the items in a timely manner. Will there be more leeway given to sellers, due to this situation?

Also regarding the items that are being hoarded by sellers hoping to profiteer on the site, will ebay keep an eye on the listings that are gouging the consumer? Right now there are listings for one sheet of TP. I'm sure we all know that would not go far, and is there plans in the works for ebay to shut these listings down? Should we report them or leave it to ebay to respond?

We know that in normal times, ebay can almost run itself, and in a perfect world it probably could. Is ebay taking measures that will enable it's employees and especially it's customer service ones to stay on the job?

To all sellers and ebay staff, please follow best practices, much success and stay positive and healthy, this time shall pass.

Hi @amcdc79 - glad to hear that VeRO is working as it should. 🙂

Yes, we are staying in touch with couriers and working to extend estimated delivery dates where necessary as services are impacted. If there are defects or other metric related dings those can and should be evaluated for removal. 

We're aware of and monitoring the site for items that violate our policies on profiting from human tragedy. While we have not banned items like toilet paper or other personal hygiene supplies, we are on the lookout for people who are gouging on price.  This is in addition to the current temporary restrictions we announced earlier this month. 

As you come across listings you feel are inappropriate, please report them for review using the 'Report item' link and following the pathway: Prohibited and restricted items> Illegal items and items encouraging illegal activity> Other illegal activity concerns. 

When it comes to customer support, we're definitely looking at something unprecedented and unusual, but are working to ensure that teammates are impacted as minimally as possible so that they can continue working to assist you as needed. Keep an eye on the Announcement Board for updates regarding that. 

Stay safe yourself! Trying to find the best song to sing while I get to 20 seconds washing my hands has been the most difficult. 😉

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Hello tyler, over on the .com boards there are comments about Turbo Lister being retired as of the end of June 2020. Evidently, users have been receiving emails from eBay about the closure. I have been using TL2 on two accounts for 15 yrs and have not rec’d any email. Can you confirm that this date is correct for us in Canada and if so, why has there not been any announcement here?

Hi @msmaggie060 - yes, my understanding is that Turbo Lister as a tool will be discontinued by the beginning of July. I've also been told that folks are being communicated with in batches, so I would imagine you will still receive the email in the coming weeks/month. 

Because there is a minimal number of members that use Turbo Lister, there was no formal Announcement Board reminder post planned. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

Hi -  I'd like to know why ebays main seller hub page is totally broken?  It's is a mess and looks like something from 1998!FireShot Capture 017 - Overview - eBay Seller Hub - www.ebay.ca.png

Hi @forester_studios - that definitely does look unusual, but I'm not seeing that view myself. Do you use a favorite or bookmark link to access your Seller Hub? If so it may be a little out of date and need a refresh. Consider clearing your cache and cookies and trying once more. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@decal-fx wrote:

Hey Tyler
With the Covid-19 outbreak are concierge members not currently being given the eBay assistance by phone option? I have a buyer requesting a return eBay approved where the buyer clearly states they made a mistake. Now the system expects me to pay return shipping, not only that now they want an exchange and I'll have another shipping fee back to them.  Please respond thanks Greg

Hi @decal-fx - eBay Concierge is not currently offering phone support at this point in time (announcement here), but you are still able to contact via email for your concern and it will route to a Concierge teammate so they can assist you. Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

I have already received that kind of answer at least 30 times so I know exactly what you are doing. Nobody really gives me the right answer. What do you do if the buyer has made a false declaration even if we provide you all the proof to prove it? Nothing it's the correct answer but no one wants to be honest about this because your image is more important than us. I have been on eBay a long time ago and was lucky almost every time. I've had an encounter only with two persons. Each time I provided you proof, but you never care to even look. You have no judgment but take the right to make a decision. You don't go through the problem. You only hear the story of one side. If you look at my profile, you won't see any problem not just base on the reviews. Because we all know that reviews can be deleted by you. Not because someone has 100% that we can trust he's a good buyer or a good seller. If that person opens a case and he wins, you might delete the bad reviews based on ''your judgment''. Plus when we have a case we cannot leave a real review base on reality. Plus I don't understand what can of enterprise you are. You went through MY PayPal ACCOUNT and do your own refund. Excuse me but this is a fraud. I never gave you the right to take my money.

For real I don't care about you providing more protection for top-rate sellers. So it means that if I don't sell often you won't care about me because I'm not enough important. If you were a real good enterprise you will give the best protection to all the buyers and sellers, not only the top rank.

In my case you did NOTHING but let me lose my merchandise, my time (a lot of time for being frustrated with eBay for doing absolutely nothing to help and protect me) and all my money.

Let me tell you that the buyer will never return my merchandise, she only wants me to lose all my money because she asks me to do the return shipping label but she doesn't want to give me the length and weigh because she's the one having the merchandise. This is the kind of person you supported and I believe you will do nothing from now, so no thank you but I will never sell on eBay again.

Oh yeah and your hidden no insertion fees are really not cool. When I listed my products, it says $0, but I ended up paying fees for those listing. And I know that you won't give me my money back plus I will have the pay the balance...

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@tryubik-useonlyasdirected wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Any mention on how eBay is stepping up to the plate in regards to COVID issues?

Specifically COVID related shipping delays? Closed borders? Post-Office availability? USPS / CP package holding delays? And self-isolation issues?

Sellers shouldn't have to worry about penalties if, for any reason, they cannot post a purchased item.

And how are any and all issues being handled if eBays doors are open online but CS is closed by phone?

Kind Regards

Hi @tryubik-useonlyasdirected - we have multiple announcements regarding COVID-19 for your review here

We are also working with couriers to better reflect any shipping delays they may have, and we trust you to work with your customers and your items to reflect appropriate handling time delays if there are self-quarantine or social distancing issues that need to be taken into account. 

If you have a store subscription it may also be worth looking into the Vacation mode options if you need more time away. 

A member's standing should not be impacted by the virus and we're working to proactively address those where necessary.

While the majority of CS phone support has been transitioned to email, we're still here! You can use the 'Help & Contact' link in the upper left hand corner of most pages to get in touch. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@coralinh wrote:

I have already received that kind of answer at least 30 times so I know exactly what you are doing. Nobody really gives me the right answer. What do you do if the buyer has made a false declaration even if we provide you all the proof to prove it? Nothing it's the correct answer but no one wants to be honest about this because your image is more important than us. I have been on eBay a long time ago and was lucky almost every time. I've had an encounter only with two persons. Each time I provided you proof, but you never care to even look. You have no judgment but take the right to make a decision. You don't go through the problem. You only hear the story of one side. If you look at my profile, you won't see any problem not just base on the reviews. Because we all know that reviews can be deleted by you. Not because someone has 100% that we can trust he's a good buyer or a good seller. If that person opens a case and he wins, you might delete the bad reviews based on ''your judgment''. Plus when we have a case we cannot leave a real review base on reality. Plus I don't understand what can of enterprise you are. You went through MY PayPal ACCOUNT and do your own refund. Excuse me but this is a fraud. I never gave you the right to take my money.

For real I don't care about you providing more protection for top-rate sellers. So it means that if I don't sell often you won't care about me because I'm not enough important. If you were a real good enterprise you will give the best protection to all the buyers and sellers, not only the top rank.

In my case you did NOTHING but let me lose my merchandise, my time (a lot of time for being frustrated with eBay for doing absolutely nothing to help and protect me) and all my money.

Let me tell you that the buyer will never return my merchandise, she only wants me to lose all my money because she asks me to do the return shipping label but she doesn't want to give me the length and weigh because she's the one having the merchandise. This is the kind of person you supported and I believe you will do nothing from now, so no thank you but I will never sell on eBay again.

Oh yeah and your hidden no insertion fees are really not cool. When I listed my products, it says $0, but I ended up paying fees for those listing. And I know that you won't give me my money back plus I will have the pay the balance...

Hi @coralinh - thanks for sharing your input on this process, I know that this is a really frustrating situation to go through and I imagine that hearing the same thing so many times only adds to that. 

Sorry to hear about the confusion between Insertion fees and Final Value Fees! While an Insertion Fee is a cost to list your item for sale, there is also a fee based on the total cost a buyer pays when it sells. You agree to those fees before you list the item for sale (I think it's a disclaimer just above or below the 'submit' button). 

Thanks for joining the chat today!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat today - I've closed it from further replies. 

Stay safe!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 19
latest reply