Managed Payments- Automatic Payment Method question

i have just been enrolled in MP and it is active.  I was under the impression that any fees or charges that cannot be covered by my pending funds in my MP account will come out of my bank account.  But after reading the introduction email info, it implies that it will come out of my Automatic Payment Method, not my bank account.

At the moment, my Automatic Payment Method status is 'none'.  If i leave it as 'none' will fees etc owed ebay then come out of my bank account?  I think this is what i prefer.    Do i have to set an Automatic Payment Method?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

marnotom!
Community Member

You need to set up an Automatic Payment Method to cover situations where you may have insufficient "pending" funds for whatever eBay Life throws at you.  It's outlined in this article:

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/choosing-payment-method-selling-costs-managed...

By the sounds of things, you'll want to set up your bank account as your Preferred Payment Method.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I too thought fees for shipping etc. would be charged to my nominated bank account, but they appear on my attached credit card instead. It's odd that eBay pays into one account and then charges another. Can't they make the payout and fee charges in one go?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

My experience:

I think things are screwed up until after your first full month end on MP because we have some bills the old pre-MP way and some the new MP way.

I have not been able to change my payment methods.

Today mine are: Automatic payment is PAYPAL, Backup is None and I cannot change that.

If I try to change any of them to my bank account, it goes back to None. The only one I've been able to keep/add is PAYPAL. I've called the CSRs and they've created a ticket.

My personal belief is that my next payment date is showing July 1st (it used to be the 16th of the month) and it shows the bill before the last month before MP (I converted on June 15th a day before the PAYPAL payment used to come out and PAYPAL was my previous payment method). I suspect that on July 1st it will pay the last of the old bills via PAYPAL, not sure of the current ones, perhaps PAYPAL as well.

I know your account can go into the negative, at least for a "small" amount for a day, mine did when I first converted and there were no repurcussions.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

So there's a Preferred Payment Method AND an Automatic Payment Method?  I see the options for Automatic Payment Method (and Backup)....i don't see Preferred Payment Method anywhere.  Where do i go to set it?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply