Any one got Ebay $40 coupon for selling phone in November yet?

I sold my phone in early November for $280 after activated the offer, but have not received the coupon yet. It also does not show up in Promotional offer in my All selling menu. I do not have a phone to contact ebay support, and heck that is the only way of support I can find on ebay (what a shame). So anyone got the same offer and received the coupon yet?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Any one got Ebay $40 coupon for selling phone in November yet?

Did you read the fine print on the coupon/offer? There is often specific information about when the coupon will be issued, I've seen both "within 30 days" and "on the invoice issued during the next month" (which would be Dec 15 or 31).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Was the promo you activated for ebay.com or ebay.ca and were you certain to create the listing on the site where the offer was activated? 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It was on ebay.ca. The message title was:

"

Your old phone is worth more than you think 💵

Sent:02-Nov-17 13:00"

• I don't remember creating the listing from the activated offer page or not, but the terms does not seem to have that condition. And I did create listing in the category 9355 and after activated offer though.
"Please note: Invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer” in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page by December 3, 2017. Item(s) listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Coupon.

What is the Promotion? 
Invited sellers (“Sellers”) who activate the offer, list in the auction-style, auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or fixed price format in the Cell Phones & Smartphones category (9355), pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), and then sell one (1) item(s) from a Qualifying Listing at www.ebay.ca for $200 or more, are eligible to earn a single eBay Coupon (“Coupon”) with a value of $40.

Who's eligible? 
This Promotion is available to invited sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page by December 3, 2017 and (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards."

• The term also says "The eBay Coupon will be awarded within two weeks after Monday, December 4, 2017". I guess I worried too much, as this is my first time dealing with ebay offer (and honestly I don't like ebay), and it does not show up in the promotional offer section in my All selling.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

And now things are even more suspicious, as I could not find the particular message about the promotion in my inbox anymore. I swear I did not touch any message in the inbox for months.

Luckily I took a screenshot of activated promotional offer. Let's how this plays out!

aa.png

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

holy smokes!

I'm going through the same exact thing! They deleted the message from my inbox!!!!

I even called in after i sold the phone to see where the coupon was - i specifically asked for them to memo my account. They can't find it  - but i still have the follow-up survey that was distributed after the call

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Do you perhaps have a section of Promotional Offers that logs your History of offers accepted? 

I think you might be wise to bring this forward to the next Weekly Board Hour and speak to ebay staff about it there.

Watch for the thread to open in the evening on Tuesdays and staff to respond Wednesday.

This is a link to the most recent one to give you an idea of how your issue may be handled. https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/January-24th-2018-Weekly-Session/m-p/392389#M6325

Message 7 of 7
latest reply