Buyer in Canada not able to purchase my Canadian listing "seller won't ship to your country msg"

So I just had a Canadian Ebay (according to the location given in their message) say they want to purchase a listing I have on Ebay but they get the message "seller will not ship to your primary address" which I found odd as I am in Canada as well. the listing number   is 264279580753, I double checked the shipping policy for domestic and all options are valid canada post ones. A friend of mine in another province said they could get to the checkout page but when I tried viewing the item it too said. I have several other items for sale with the same policy but the shipping calculator/checkout options appear to work ok. Anyone else experience this? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Buyer in Canada not able to purchase my Canadian listing "seller won't ship to your country

$17.09 works fine for me in Sask.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Buyer in Canada not able to purchase my Canadian listing "seller won't ship to your country

Calculator does not work for me. It says you ship to the Americas (I would only recommend shipping to Canada and the USA).

One possibility is that since it is the weekend, Canada Post system maintenance may be screwing up shipping calculations -- and it will start working properly when the Canada Post updates are finished.

-..-

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@maximal10 wrote:

So I just had a Canadian Ebay (according to the location given in their message) say they want to purchase a listing I have on Ebay but they get the message "seller will not ship to your primary address" which I found odd as I am in Canada as well. the listing number   is 264279580753, I double checked the shipping policy for domestic and all options are valid canada post ones. A friend of mine in another province said they could get to the checkout page but when I tried viewing the item it too said. I have several other items for sale with the same policy but the shipping calculator/checkout options appear to work ok. Anyone else experience this? 

I think it's related to your Ship To locations.

Most (maybe all except this particular one) of your listings show shipping "worldwide" that one listing shows "Americas".

In eBay's geographically challenged mind "Americas" has a very odd definition. Suggest you revise to "worldwide" and see if that works.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I don’t see a shipping cost for any locations on that listing so that might be the problem.  What dimensions and weight do you have entered?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

For Canada and USA I get 'Does not ship to your location' but for Costa Rica I get ' Seller will ship, but contact for cost'.

Go to the listing and click on Revise.

Scroll down to the Shipping and choose  Domestic.

That gives you Canada since you are listing on dotCA.

Choose Calculated Shipping.
Choose Regular Parcel.

Scroll down to International Shipping.

Choose Custom Location.

Choose USA.

Choose Tracked Package.

You should not at this time ship outside Canada and the USA. Get more successful sales under your belt first.

Under Additional Shipping Locations choose - Will Ship to Canada and the USA.

You noticed there are drop down menus right?

Enter the dimensions and weight of the packaged items.

USE METRIC!!

Canada Post went metric in 1974. Everything else is guesswork.

And now you should see the correct amount for shipping to Canada (the default when you look is to your own postal code. Try using K0A 0A6 instead.) and for the USA (use zipcode 90210).

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Everything looks fine to me.

Ian

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I personally shy away from using that 'americas' check box, if your specifying domestic shipping, and specifying a price for 'americas' which I believe includes canada ... its conflicting instructions, robby robot says cant divide by zero. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply