I see a "buy Canadian" facebook campaign...

Which is a result of the recent trade ward situation.

This leads me to believe there are probably also "buy USA" facebook campaigns underway as well.

So whilst the trade war or potential thereof isn't so far directly affecting the stuff I sell, or most of us, consumer's mentality can easily be changing which translates into fewer US sales for us.

Time will tell, fortunately I have a good group of repeat USA customers, they'll likely hang in there, or at least I hope so!!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

marnotom!
Community Member

The few "buy USA" Facebook pages I was able to find seem to have been around for quite some time and one of them hadn't been active for a while.

I don't think US support for the tariffs is as big a slam-dunk as President Flaming Cheeto would like us to think.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/03/09/in-this-depressed-pennsylvania-steel-town-trumps-tarif...

DISCLAIMER:  This article dates back to March

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Buy USA has been around for a long time.

I've even encouraged US sellers of US-made products to put a small flag in their Descriptions to differentiate their stuff from cheaper imports.

US-made is attractive to non-US buyers too, as a connotation of quality.

Even if it's really a connotation of higher price. A lot of people can't tell the difference.

I went grocery shopping yesterday, and put several kinds of produce back on the shelf. Including green onions.

I prefer to buy local in any case, for freshness. Usually however 'local' included Washington state.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I've started to see in facebookland etc Americans who are embarrassed by their leadership apologizing to US for it!

Perhaps the opposite is happening, I've had more US buyers than usual* in the last few days, maybe they're feeling bad for us Canadians and buying from us as a result!!

One never knows anymore.....

(*Sales from anywhere are welcome these days....seems to be tough sledding in stampland at least) 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I agree... I was initially angered at Americans because of Trump's verbal brain farts... but I can see that most Americans are ashamed of what's happening with Canada.

I liked most of the comments from this video.... good interview from our darling Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chrystia Freeland....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usLKlMuJmlE

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Well most single cards sold in the USA ship for up to $18.00 .Most sellers in Canada ship the same single card for $2.50...DUH what is the better place to buy.?
Message 7 of 7
latest reply