Manage payments is killing my business

With the Covid my sales crashed by 70%. With manage payment it’s getting worse. About you guys?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Manage payments is killing my business

That's really unusual, since most sellers report a "pandemic surge" in sales, due to people being unable to get to stores, buying staples and recreational goods online, and shopping in boredom.

Perhaps you should ask for a critque* of your listings from your colleagues on the Seller's Board.

How do you think Managed Payments hurt your sales?

Buyers are still paying with Paypal and credit cards and MP has added GooglePay and ApplePay to the possible ways of funding a purchase.

Only the logos for GP and AP show that the seller is using Managed Payments.

*Which is not the same as criticism.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Based on your FB Left for Others, in 2018-19 you averaged ten sales a month, sales dropped off   a little in 2020, but in the last six months that has dropped to about five sales a month.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
How long have you been enrolled in Managed Payments?

It’s not unusual for sellers to have slow sales for the first few months of the calendar year, but @clemowbooks’ post suggests that even during the holiday season your sales were off.

Based on your post and what I’ve seen of your listings, I’d chalk up the further drop in sales as a coincidence that has nothing to do with Managed Payments. I suspect your clientele isn’t getting out and about so much since the world went sideways in March of last year and there isn’t as much need for replacement parts for mobility aids as a result.

Taking a leaf from @clemowbooks’ book, you might want to spy on your competition and check their feedback received and left to get a sense if they’re experiencing a similar drop in sales.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I don't know if managed payments is the reason.  Feb is often a slow month with people catching up on their credit card bills. It was like that last year for me as well and it picked up in mid March and was full swing from there on out.  Some people are still in full buying mode in Jan. I haven't had a sale in 3 weeks but I'm in a niche market with a lot of past items that you can no longer get and with the products I sell, their stores are back open again after a long lockdown.  I also sell on another platform and that is slow too.  Don't worry, this lull should pass soon.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply