New manufacturer of the ebay branded airjacket envelopes....

Got my January batch of "freebies" and I've discovered they've got a new manufacturer of the airjacket (bubble) envelopes.

Now they're bright white as opposed to the sorta light gray from before, but I've noticed you can sort of see through them! It won't matter to me because one side of my envelope is covered by the monster CP form, and the other side is covered by stamps!

I never liked the glue on the old ones, it (in a cheap way) ended too far from the edge of the flap. The glue on these new ones is much more fierce, holds about the same as before.

I was worried if stamps (remember I'm a stamps on the package kinda guy) would stick ok or not, I'm thinking they stick better to this new plastic than before!

Anyway so far I'm thinking it is a trade up quality wise.....

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@ricarmic 

How was the processing/delivery time? To date my order was 6 days from Vaughn to Mississauga. Currently in route to Calgary. Was supposed to show up on the 13th. Not gonna happen!!! Have you ever purchased their eBay tape?

-Lotz

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I did purchase the tape when I had a store. I like it a lot.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

As a side note curious to know if anyone has had issues purchasing/using the 10 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm eBay boxes where those measurements don't meet the Canadapost guidelines in eBay but do work when you go to create a label in Shippo? (10x10x10 or 4"x4"X4" is not an issue with USPS.)

-Lotz

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I don't remember what day I purchased them, I never really pay attention to that, they did seem to get here quicker than normal which was surprising.

When I purchased the tape I did not like it a lot, plus I can't easily use it because my taping on a package or box has sealing the box plus taping the address (I use the actual address right off the PAYPAL payment) on as well. Of course the branded stuff doesn't work for the address, so I ended up with two tape dispensers which was a pain.

I used the "leftover" $$ to purchase the "thank you" cards, you see two of those cut a wee bit make a great stiffener for small stamp envelope shipments, we have a tough time eating enough cereal etc to keep cardboard supplies ok, so they help in that respect.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I've seen a bunch of not happy's with tape purchases recently. Poor quality or over priced. I've always gone with the thought of using generic packaging and tape so items don't stick out as much. When I do use the padded air envelopes from eBay I use inside my packaging for extra protection. I think things are better in Canada with the community mail boxes (except for any inconvenience for seniors). Less parcels being dropped off on front steps. Much safer and secure.

Because of the Amazon's and  et als and the random couriers being involved for the majority of purchases online, packages are being dropped off in plain sight vs what is supposed to happen.The driver has the authority to automatically leave the shipment without a signature if the location is reasonably determined to be safe and secure as per Purolator. What's in the big box with the swoosh on the side? Hmmm? Sadly it seems to have turned into many cases of "help your self" shopping for the hoodlums of the world and despondent buyers when they can't find their purchase.

Signed-Missing small town life!!!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Well I would say that I too shared the worry over branded packaging, and to this day I do not use it for dangerous (eastern europe, asia, latin american) countries, however when I did begin using it all the time for everyone else years ago now, I did not see any increased loss rate, so I believe the branded worry is ill founded, but of course I could be wrong!

I suspect a package thief will take whatever the package is, branded or not....
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Early January in Toronto. Hide the children for the commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEGBQD_32m0

-Lotz

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I suspect a package thief will take whatever the package is, branded or not....

Absolutely!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

They do seem to be better quality all around except for the transparency. The other thing I really don't like is the bubble on the foldover area, this makes it thicker and more likely to be rejected for lettermail. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

There is quite a dollop of glue on the flap as well as compared to before.....
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I use the non-bubble mailers/envelopes for most of my advert pages sales, with 2 thin cardstock stiffeners. For smaller envelopes the mailing label (in Canada Post labelopes) covers up the eBay logo. For bigger ones I use an envelope that is a few inches bigger than the cardstock so I can fold over and tape down 2 edges, covering up the logos.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply