Option to search seller's listings gone on Ebay.com?

Is this another bonehead move by Ebay?   I have tried to search other seller's listings for items i might be interested in, the way i usually do...ie click on the seller's  'items for sale' and then there is a serach box for items that particular seller offers.   But that search box option seems to have disappeared with a new revamped look ebay has done..  Any search i do searches all listings on Ebay, not the specific sellers lisings.

So i guess we can kiss multiple sales to one buyer good bye.  Thanks oodles Ebay.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Option to search seller's listings gone on Ebay.com?

@msau4301 wrote:

It still seems to be working for me when I checked. I chose random sellers, both those with and without a store and for all of them I checked I can still see "see sellers other items".

Maybe a glitch again based on which browser you use? Or maybe it only still works on sellers you follow? That's who I checked.

You are misunderstanding the issue, I will try to explain.

In the past:

You click a "see other items" link on a listing page.
This brings up the list of items
If you use the search box at the top of the page it would default to only searching the listings of the specific seller.

Now when you do the same thing the search box default to a general eBay search!

If the seller has a Store there is an additional search box, the general one at the top and below that a search box for just the specific seller.

If the seller does not have a store there is no additional search box and the default search box only does a site wide search including all sellers.

This means a buyer has to either scroll through all your listings or use the filters to reduce the number of listings shown and then scroll through those. You could also do an Advanced search to restrict the result to just a single seller but that is cumbersome and the average buyer has probably never used Advanced Search or even know that it exists.

At the moment I'm not convinced this was an intended change or just collateral damage from the redesign of those pages.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 21 of 38
latest reply

Yes, I understand now after seeing other comments posted. Thank you!

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I can only find one thread about this on the .com discussion boards, and interestingly enough as of right now it's half the length of this one:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Searching-a-Specific-Seller-s-Items/m-p/33486829

Someone on that thread suggests that it's eBay's way of "encouraging" more sellers to get store subscriptions, and I have to admit there might be something to that hypothesis, as much as it sounds like a conspiracy theory,

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

Yes that now makes it a "selling feature" as part of the store subscription.....

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

I've read a a couple of threads about it on .com about it but I'm surprised too that there aren't more.

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

There would be some users who might think this change is good.

I know I've had to click the "see results from all sellers" button thousands of times over the years.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 26 of 38
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

I can only find one thread about this on the .com discussion boards, and interestingly enough as of right now it's half the length of this one:

That is because Khorus have gone "mod crazy" recently and have been moving posts in any way related to technical issues to the dead zone of the Technical Issues board that nobody looks at. I've also seeing more locked threads, fine for the ones that are completely dated but some of the locked threads have been onlya  few weeks old and still relevant.

You might notice some posts where the OP pleads with the mods to not move them.

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

I'm not a fan of the new design. Until very recently I had been including a link to that "sellers other listings" page in my descriptions. I had been thinking lately about removing the link now that I finally knuckled under on the store subscription ... definitely need to do that now.

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

I'm not a fan of the new design. Until very recently I had been including a link to that "sellers other listings" page in my descriptions. I had been thinking lately about removing the link now that I finally knuckled under on the store subscription ... definitely need to do that now.

You have a Store so  the See Other Listings landing page has a search bar for only your listings.

recped_0-1674008888902.png

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

Yes, I see that now. I feared the link I supplied would be broken, but apparently not the case.

Message 30 of 38
latest reply

devon@ebay 

As mentioned earlier in this thread there is no longer a way to search a specific item when viewing a sellers listings unless they have a store.  If they have a store there is a specific search box that we can use and the results are for that seller only. If there is no store, using the general search box at the top gives results for all sellers, so we can't search just that seller's items.

Is this a permanent page or is it an unexpected glitch?  It makes no sense for ebay not to allow buyers to see if a seller has specific products for sale.  Buyers don't care if a seller has a store, they want to be able to search their listings either way.   I realize that they can search using advance search but that is very clunky and time consuming and I'm sure that many buyers are not aware of it.

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

i doubt this is a glitch.  I think it's  a deliberate design choice by Ebay which either saves them money somehow or, they beleive, gives incentive for sellers to get stores.  In my case it will have the exact opposite effect.  The lower my sales go on ebay, the less relevent ebay becomes to me.

I have only made one purchase on ebay in the last 10 months.  I used to make several per month.   But as prices have crept up on ebay because of higher fees and policies that cost sellers more money, forcing them to raise prices, other venues' prices have become the better option in most cases.

And steadily decling sales over the years have forced me to look elsewhere for sales.  So ebay, which was once the center of my universe, is now pluto.

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

i doubt this is a glitch.  I think it's  a deliberate design choice by Ebay which either saves them money somehow or, they beleive, gives incentive for sellers to get stores.  In my case it will have the exact opposite effect.  The lower my sales go on ebay, the less relevent ebay becomes to me.

I have only made one purchase on ebay in the last 10 months.  I used to make several per month.   But as prices have crept up on ebay because of higher fees and policies that cost sellers more money, forcing them to raise prices, other venues' prices have become the better option in most cases.

And steadily decling sales over the years have forced me to look elsewhere for sales.  So ebay, which was once the center of my universe, is now pluto.

@fergua3 

eBay has mentioned over the last little while about "levelling the playing field". It sure doesn't feel like that. Between the fact Canadian sellers (vs US/Intl) do not have the same option to providing coupons to buyers, a working calculator for Fedex/UPS and the crazy fees we pay on Canadian shipping because of the 3 times as high fuel surcharge attached to shipping, it makes it extremely difficult for a Canadian seller to remain competitive. One other bonus we are priviledged to enjoy is the GST attached to everything, whereas US sellers only have state tax (except for 5 states.) Plus any seller that happens to be located in either the far east or far west of Canada is going to pay more for shipping nationally vs someone located in Central Canada. So, in the scheme of things....Not really that level across the board.

-Lotz

UPS LA to Miami 3 lb package. 0.64 USD  fuel surcharge.

CP Calgary to Halifax 3 lb package 6.62 CAD fuel surcharge

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

devon@ebay 

As mentioned earlier in this thread there is no longer a way to search a specific item when viewing a sellers listings unless they have a store.  If they have a store there is a specific search box that we can use and the results are for that seller only. If there is no store, using the general search box at the top gives results for all sellers, so we can't search just that seller's items.

Is this a permanent page or is it an unexpected glitch?  It makes no sense for ebay not to allow buyers to see if a seller has specific products for sale.  Buyers don't care if a seller has a store, they want to be able to search their listings either way.   I realize that they can search using advance search but that is very clunky and time consuming and I'm sure that many buyers are not aware of it.

Hi @pjcdn2005! There have been multiple reports of members running into this same issue. There is a sitewide ticket that has been open to have this resolved. If there are any members that are running into this they can reach out to customer support here and have their account added to the ticket. You will just let them know that you are running into ALERT 14287. 

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

Hi devon@ebay,  I suspect this is a site-wide issue caused by a recent rollout of site "improvements" that is affecting all ebay.ca customers and non-store sellers.

Blu-ray films & documentaries make up almost all of my ebay purchases.

I periodically check my 'saved sellers' to see if they've added anything of interest.  By entering "blu-ray" and selecting "newly listed" I could quickly see their recent adds.

When placing an order I usually search the seller's listings for other blu-rays and have sometimes added 1-3 additional blu-rays to my cart before checking out.

As a result of the recent changes ebay.ca customers can no longer search most ebay.ca sellers' listings. 

I don't know about other ebay customers but I am NOT going to waste my time scrolling through multiple pages of sellers' cd, dvd, game, card, etc. offerings to see if they might have other blu-rays of interest.

As another poster mentioned, unless ebay restores the eliminated search capabilities, sellers will be missing out on some sales, and ebay will be losing the commissions on those missed sales.

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

I totally agree. Sometimes it seems ebay is working against us.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

i'm happy to report that the search bar is back in the non store owners other items for sale list.  Much better.  Glad it was added so quickly.

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

Great!!  Looks like devon@ebay's intervention produced quick results. 

Message 38 of 38
latest reply