Join us for eBay Open 2018

Hi all! In case you missed the recent Seller News article, registration for eBay Open 2018 is now open, and we're hoping you'll join us.

I met some of you at eBay Open 2016, and from what I've heard, it's only gotten bigger and better since then. There will be the usual activities, workshops, and celebrations, plus some Canada-exclusive activities to help you make local connections.

Let's use this thread to discuss this year's eBay Open celebration (there's also a US discussion thread here). The website should answer most questions you may have, but let me know if you have any more!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@happy_pigeon

There is a contest on the US board for event tickets and hotel room.  Is the contest open to Canadians as well?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Open-2018/eBay-Open-2018-Community-Contest-Free-Registration-amp-...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Good question, I'm highly motivated to attend but it is beyond my means at present. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Tyler brought this to our attention the other day. This would be coming out of the US budget, so unfortunately, I don't think it would be open to Canadians. But now that we've been made aware of it, we can think of potentially doing something similar for next year.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

eBay Canada should establish a Freeloader Fund for the purposes of sending impoverished Canadian sellers to eBay Open 2019. I volunteer to add my name to the top of the list of interested freeloaders.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This has been on my radar for a couple years.  Unfortunately I will not be able to swing it this year but I've set a goal to attend in 2019.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I wish you luck and success with that ambition. It's been on mine since 2013.... 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I don't plan to enter the USA until December 2020 or impeachment.

Whichever comes first.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply