Repercussions on tax

Had a buyer send a message this morning about a cup and saucer set costing $8.99, postage set at $9.99 to US. She wants to know if I will do free shipping because eBay is charging her tax!

For one thing, it is not eBay that is charging tax. If I did that, I would not only be donating the set to her, but also donating a few dollars.

Checked her feedback left for other, Yes, negatives for all kinds of complaints.

Immediate block!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Repercussions on tax

Trying to tell you that the sales tax on an $8.99 purchase is going to be equivalent to $9.99 is really pushing the do-you-think-I'm-an-idiot? button.

A good block.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Repercussions on tax

Trying to tell you that the sales tax on an $8.99 purchase is going to be equivalent to $9.99 is really pushing the do-you-think-I'm-an-idiot? button.

A good block.

-..-

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Repercussions on tax

I agree Dennis. How long does it take for the block to take effect? I am still getting messages 2 hours after I blocked, I thought they couldn't send message.

I am just deleting them, not someone I want to sell to.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Repercussions on tax

Customers that complain or make crazy requests before they buy are very easily resolved - ie blocked!
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Repercussions on tax

I did, 2 hours ago, but she is still sending messages. I know she can't purchase, but I didn't think she could contact me.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Repercussions on tax

My policy is once blocked, I (almost) never respond to any messages.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Repercussions on tax

I know buyers can be blocked from contacting the seller ... but don't know if that also applies to potential buyers that have been blocked...

site preferences>buyer requirements>"Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me"

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Repercussions on tax

There are two Blocks apparently.

Block and Block -No Communication.

And if there has been a transaction (there isn't in this case) we can't Block communication.

Since you know her ID, just delete without reading.

Delete Delete Delete.

Same with emails.

Delete Delete Delete.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Repercussions on tax

marnotom!
Community Member
It does sound as though you dodged a bullet. I don’t follow your statement “it is not eBay charging tax,” howevz.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Repercussions on tax

The tax I understand it charged by each state, not by eBay, it seems that eBay is collecting it, not the instigator.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply