So nobody leaves feedback anymore?

I sold 3 things in the last month, all have been delivered and I left positive a feedback to the buyers. Yet, none of them gave me feedback.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Feedback is voluntary and not compulsory!

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

It's frustrating when we are trying to build feedback and show our future customers that we are trustworthy.

But at least, negative and neutral feedback no longer counts against our selling accounts.

I'm just a little ray of sunshine today.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Patience.

Your items were sold on April 20, April 23 and April 30 (last Sunday). Today is May 7th.

Presumably you shipped the next working day and buyers very recently received their items.

Some may leave feedback and some may not.

And life does go on.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I understand your frustration. I leave feedback for 100 per cent of buyers on shipment of their item yet only 20 per cent leave feedback for me on delivery. Feedback usage has fallen considerably in the past five years. All that you can do is provide your best product and service possible and hope not to give your buyers anything to complain about. 

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I understand your frustration. I leave feedback for 100 per cent of buyers on shipment of their item yet only 20 per cent leave feedback for me on delivery. Feedback usage has fallen considerably in the past five years. All that you can do is provide your best product and service possible and hope not to give your buyers anything to complain about. 

I feel exactly the same way, I always leave feedback right away, but only get feedback around 20% also. I figure I would rather have that than buyers leaving low ratings on some designations. After about 4 years, I am finally up to 5.0 on all!

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

I left 8 feedbacks in the last month.

That must make me a nobody   Man Tongue

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

I leave feedback for every buyer upon receipt of payment. I get feedback posted for me about 25% of the time. Very frustrating!

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

I don't think buyers really understand how to leave feedback. I get a lot of buyers emailing me and thanking me for their purchase and letting me know that they have received it. Nice of them, but they don't leave FB. I think, for some buyers, that is their feedback.

I don't think I even get 20% that leave actual FB.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I'm currently sitting at about 15 per cent reciprocated on 100 per cent Left For Others. But, yes, sometimes it's a Message instead.
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

I don't think buyers really understand how to leave feedback. I get a lot of buyers emailing me and thanking me for their purchase and letting me know that they have received it. Nice of them, but they don't leave FB. I think, for some buyers, that is their feedback.

I don't think I even get 20% that leave actual FB.

Yes, that's the bizarre thing -- buyers who send me personal messages, obviously pleased with their purchases and the service, but who either forget (or don't know how) to leave FB. 

My FB rate is around 1 out of every 8 or 10 sales right now, and I have traditionally lovely, nice buyers.  I think we've all seen the decline, but there's little we can do about it, and even less point in worrying about it.  

On the positive side (if I too can be Little Miss Sunshine), no FB is good news, it likely means your customer is happy, or at least not so unhappy as to come back and leave negative FB. 

Moreover, no FB left means no possibility of late delivery defects on those non-tracked parcels.  Another silver lining for those of us who have already accumulated significant FB points over the years, but admittedly not much solace for new sellers.  

To the OP:  All I can say is just keep doing your best possible job and try not to focus on buyer FB.  Whatever you do, do not attempt to solicit or directly encourage FB.  Let the chips fall where they may. 

One little tip if you're new to selling: do some buying of a couple of inexpensive items each month from various eBay sellers.  Not only will that build up your FB score (since most sellers will leave FB for buyers), but it will give you a wider view of the buyer experience on eBay and you can see what other sellers are doing, which might include picking up a few ideas you can use in your own selling.   

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Feedback - same old discussion.  Has been going on for years.  Sellers complaining buyers do not leave feedback.

Nearly nineteen years selling on eBay, 81.6% of all buyers left feedback (over 107,000 transactions)

In the last year, the percentage actually increased to 84.5%

Conclusion: much depends on the type of products you sell and the type of buyers buying them.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Rose-dee - "My FB rate is around 1 out of every 8 or 10 sales right now,"

Are you sure? When I take a quick look at your feedback rating, comparing feedback you have left for buyers and feedback received from buyers, it appears to be about 1 in 2. 

And that trend seems consistent for the last year 52/114

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

I am away from home right now but just checked in to find that 2 buyers have alerted me that they were unable to leave feedback.  One said there was no place to leave it so I am assuming it is another glitch.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Suggest that they go to the bottom of their feedback page and click on leave feedback. A list of sellers that they haven't left feedback for should come up.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Rose-dee - "My FB rate is around 1 out of every 8 or 10 sales right now,"

Are you sure? When I take a quick look at your feedback rating, comparing feedback you have left for buyers and feedback received from buyers, it appears to be about 1 in 2. 

And that trend seems consistent for the last year 52/114

I think you're making some false assumptions in coming up with these numbers.    

For example, eBay only displays "FB left for others" (FBLFO), not "FB left for buyers" specifically.  You're overlooking the fact that my FBLFO includes years of purchasing on eBay as well as selling, as does the FB received, a good portion of which is from sellers I've dealt with.

So when you see my FB rating of 764, it doesn't represent anywhere close to 50% of the sales I've actually made as a seller.  That number also includes FB from sellers I received in earlier years when I was a much more frequent buyer.  My FB left for others is currently at 2,907, whereas FB received as a seller is exactly 471.  Since I always leave FB for others, whether they are buyers or sellers, that 2,907 is a better representation of my transaction history as a seller, minus roughly 20% FB left by me over the years as a buyer.  

So my actual seller transaction count is probably somewhere around 2,300, and my actual FB received from buyers is 471, or about 20% over time.  That percentage however includes earlier history, when buyers were far more generous in leaving FB.  At one time, in my category, it was unusual for a buyer not to leave FB.  Back before about 2013, my FB ratio was pretty close to 100%.  

To be honest, I don't even look at my FB page to determine how much FB I'm getting from buyers, since it's so skewed.  What I look at is how many "FB received" icons I see on my list of sales in Selling Manager.  And it has dropped off, quite drastically, in the past couple of years.  Currently, the ratio I see on Selling Manager is about 27% FB received to left.  This has actually been a surprisingly good month (I've had a few months in the past year where it was closer to 10%).  

I think the only FB that has any real relevance anyway is the most recent.  I doubt most buyers look beyond a couple of pages of a seller's FB history (if they look at all).  Nobody cares about old, stale FB.  Which is why seeing FB dropping off to between 10% and 30% can be a concern for smaller sellers.  You want buyers to see how you've performed on recent transactions, not years ago. 

Which brings me back to my earlier advice to the OP -- use buying to increase your FB score if you're concerned about seeing a larger number displayed up front on your ID.  Because these days you're unlikely to get it very quickly through selling. 

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

I agree that it is frustrating how few buyers leave feedback lately and even though I follow up with my buyers I am getting even less than the 20% some others are experiencing. There are no problems with my transactions and my buyers are getting great deals so I have drawn the conclusion that there is no longer any incentive for buyers to leave feedback, unless they are unhappy and want to get back at the seller. Ebay should recognize that with this trend sellers are not able to achieve their goals such as getting the Top Rated Seller discount. 

So there is a possible solution: Ebay should offer some sort of incentive to buyers for leaving feedback. 

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

The leaving of feedback is by choice 

Buyers will always have 100 % feedback.....  No negatives.... None can be left... Negative comments in a positive feedback for a buyer is not acceptable.

Many sellers will not leave feedback  because of this 100 % reality.

Sellers can report a buyer.....  That is the equivalent of a hidden negative feedback.

Sellers can get a negative feedback.

The most important part with respect to feedback for a seller  is..........

No negatives is good feedback for a seller.

Also... feedback is no longer a contributing factor used to determine the standing of a seller on eBay

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@pafcwoody wrote:

I agree that it is frustrating how few buyers leave feedback lately and even though I follow up with my buyers I am getting even less than the 20% some others are experiencing. There are no problems with my transactions and my buyers are getting great deals so I have drawn the conclusion that there is no longer any incentive for buyers to leave feedback, unless they are unhappy and want to get back at the seller. Ebay should recognize that with this trend sellers are not able to achieve their goals such as getting the Top Rated Seller discount. 

So there is a possible solution: Ebay should offer some sort of incentive to buyers for leaving feedback. 

Top rated status is based on the number of sales, not on the number of feedback you receive.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

@pafcwoody wrote:

Be very careful following up for feedback as you may not like what you get.

Leave it alone and what happens happens. Feedback means almost nothing today and counts for just as much.

I wish Ebay would totally get rid of it and many of the discussions on feedback would no longer exist.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply