WINTER 2023 UPDATE> SOME FEE INCREASES

6 REPLIES 6

The fee increases are the same for .CA

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Your-2023-Winter-Seller-Update-is-here/ba-p/490012 

There goes another.35% for me!!!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Canada fees are going up very slightly as well in most categories. It's in the Winter update that was just sent around. Effective in April.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

second fee increase in as many years.  Would have been nice if they'd given some more free listings at least....say an increase from 250 to 300 per month.

It says in Ebays write up that they are striving to maintain the lowest selling fees in the industry.  Huh?  The only place their fees are lower than is Amazon.

"We strive to maintain the lowest selling fees in the industry...."

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I don't see the fees as being that big an issue in general. While I'd certainly like to see them lower (and while I think eBay should be helping us out a lot more with some kind of international shipping program here and maybe some kind of shipping amalgamation service), there's many places that are much worse in terms of costs. I believe Poshmark is quite a bit higher. If I sell things with a local auctioneer I have to pay 20 to 25%. Local consignment stores can be anywhere from 25% to 50%. 

There's a lot of other things they need to do though. We're paying basically the same rates for far fewer services and features as other regions get. That needs to change. We're not being given the tools we need.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I don`t believe for a minute that Ebay is forced to increase fees with the big profit increases over last year.

Ebay fees are amongst the highest in the industry - 2nd only to Amazon. It is beginning to become tougher to compete in the industry with the fee structure already in  place.

Revenue: US$10.1b (up 3.2% from FY2022)

Net Income: US$2.78b (up $1.27b loss in FY2022)

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 7 of 7
latest reply