Forum Posts

Resolved! High calculated shipping for US tracked packet USA

Have a quantity item that is 36x20x4 that I ship for between $8.20 - $10.20 to the US via tracked packet USA and im trying to optimize it so I dont have to punche in dimensions and also add expedited modes using calculated shipping but for someone re...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Exclude shipping locations broken

Exclude shipping locations feature is broken, again. The problem repeats regularly on .com/.ca since 2020. Anyone here maybe found a working solution? Thank you! I get something like this - people on other boards wrote about a missing check box.

Image2.jpg
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer gets refund while tracking proves it's still in transit.... I'm so disappointed

Provided valid tracking from Canada Ontario to PA USA buyer Buyer received refund via eBay 2 days after filing.Shipped Dec 18, buyer refunded on January 15... Item still in transit...... I have appealed with photos of the receipt with the tracking nu...

eBay Shipping Calculator page is broken

The stand-alone eBay Shipping Calculator, at https://www.ebay.ca/shp/Calculator, is broken. No matter what values are entered, clicking the "Calculate shipping" button does nothing. I used it successfully last week, perhaps on Monday or Tuesday. I be...

Formal Appeal: Urgent Review Required for Dispute

I write to formally appeal the recent dispute resolution . The buyer inspected and picked up the engine at our facility. Subsequently, the buyer claimed, "The item doesn't match the description in your listing." This claim is absurd as the buyer insp...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

shipping

I have to send a parcel to the US . When filling in the customs form do i have to fill in the tariff code? and which 6 numbers are they. thank you

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Additional Fedex Charges Issues

Re: Old thread and this is directly to no one in particular. As a buyer I do not purchase from companies that use FedEx, too often they will insist on a signature and when they can't get one it means driving to the closest depot. In City of Toronto t...

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1700551968058.png

Resolved! Additional costs for FedEx?

Hi there! While I am an experienced eBay buyer, I'm a relatively new seller. When shipping one of my recent sales, I noticed that FedEx was cheaper than CP, so I used them. The quoted price was $26 yet I'm being charged almost $43. So I'm wondering i...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Selling (Personal Use) Goods (< $30K) To Canadian/US Buyer - Taxes ?

As a Canadian selling on ebay.ca and plan to only allow shipping to Canada and the USA. As I understand it, if I sell personal use property (and less than $30K in value at that), I do not have to register to collect and remit the HST for a Canadian s...

eBay Fedex to US. Any Buyer customs charges?

I have a 2 heavier items to ship to the US and the eBay label price to use and the eBay Fedex label price is pretty good. But do US buyers get hit with extra customs charges through the eBay label provision of those labels? Thanks.

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada post is killing business

Its getting out of control out there shipping with mail. Ive seen so many people on different platforms and social medias having the same issue past 2-months. Its getting totally out of control. There is a tendency from quebec located people.I got re...

Item says buyer paid but no money is posted to my ebay account and ive been already charged the ebay

Hello everyone,Last night I sold a wrestling dvd. Today it says buyer paid and to ship. Unfortunately when I look at my sellers account, no money has been posted there except for the $10.64 Ebay fee I would be paying after the buyer sends me my money...

More AI-generated idiocy

Here's a current example of what eBay's new AI-generation option can produce: "The model and country/region of manufacture are also important aspects of this item. [It] falls under the category of vintage computing, making it a valuable addition to a...

• 6 replies
  • 3 helpful

Returned package, where do I stand?

Just received a package that I mailed a couple of weeks ago saying it had insuffiecient address. I have checked and it is the exact address given on the sale. I don't feel that I should have to pay the shipping again, it was a tracked package. I am n...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

A few thoughts on Promoted Listings ....

Case no. 1 - Recently, almost 90% of my sales goes through Promoted Listings. I listed an item for a particular customer, created a link and sent using Ebay message - the sale was made after about 90 seconds later. Now imagine - I was charged for a p...

• 17 replies
  • 1 helpful

No Scan Receipts For CP Packages- Claims?!

I'm having a debate with a friend who's a seller.We both use flat rate boxes and print labels at home (either through CP small biz or eBay labels).She puts her packages on the counter at the PO, in the red box or gets a pickup. Never gets a scan rece...

Multiple pictures in scrolling

Hi, I see many stamp sellers have a tool that they can list 100 pics that scroll, circumventing Ebay's25 picture rule. Does anyone know what companies have this tool and how much they cost?thanks, D.

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay is removing my listings for being counterfeit, but I don't sell fakes. On my "final warning"

eBay removed two of my listings which were for Rick Owens tote bags that I literally bought at the Rick Owens store in LA like 7 years ago and a pair of Nike's that I bought at the Nike store and even still have the receipt for.I wouldn't really care...

eBay charging sales tax on pure silver coins

Does anyone out there know how long it will take for eBay to issue refunds on incorrectly charged sales tax for pure silver items. I have been waiting for close to two months. I have been assured that it will get resolved as they have a long list to ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Air Stage Offices and delayed delivery

To anyone interested or has packages destined for locations in Canada that seem to be taking forever to get delivered. Attached are the points that are considered Air Stage Offices. The list is substantial. Flights to these points are very infrequent...

Resolved! Not receiving sale confirmed email notifications

Once again I am not receiving the 'sale confirmed" notifications from eBay. Last one received was on January 9, 2019. I have sold several items since then without notification. I have not changed any of my settings and have verified now that they are...

Need help signing up for Managed Payments.

I am registered on .ca but sell exclusively on .com in USD. I would like to keep this set up and not disturb my business in any way. From what I am reading about Managed Payments, this should be possible. My current set up is to get paid in USD which...

New TOS update Nov 13, 2023

To anyone who has recently read over the the new TOS for Canada, did you spot how it relates/connects to AI going forward? Reading legal gobbly yada yada tends to cause my eyes to gloss over...quickly. The changes include:Clarification that generativ...

Resolved! A buyer wants to pay $50 now and the balance ($366) at the end of the month. Can this be done?

This is the mesage they sent me. I will take this but am wondering if you can do me a favour and hold it till the end of the month because of a budgetary issue. I can place a $50 deposit right now. Is there a safe way to handle this through eBay? Tha...

• 23 replies
  • 0 helpful

sold possible fake merch

Hi, so I had made an agreement with someone going to a concert in August to pick up several merch items for me to resell. When they returned, I had no reason to belive they weren't authentic and listed them as such. Sold a few items with no issues. J...

.CA Selling on .COM. Where to Subscribe?

Hello,With a .CA account selling on .COM (without a store subscription), to continue selling on .COM with a store subscription, does one subscribe on .COM OR .CA? Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Ebay labels overcharge on multiple occasions now

Has anyone else had this problem. When I purchase labels through the ebay feature I have been overcharged to the tune of $4.00 and sometimes more. I noticed this a couple of times with Small Parcel but didn't pay much attention to this at first. Also...

Labels