be careful when you do a bulk relist...

i had 11 items end last night, and went into my unsold section,  so today i am listing new auctions, and notice i have 11 items in my unsold i haven't relisted,, so i go to relist them and guess what i have 11 errors, as this are duplicate listings.. thank goodness i got the warning, or i would have relisted 11 itmes twice..

is this a new bug where when you relist.. it doesn't automatically remove itself from your unsold column,,,keep any eye out fellow sellers's..this could be a real pain..

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Do you delete your unsolds once you confirm they have been relisted?

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

, one would almost need a separate list to create some rational order

Or you could add a Note to the questionable listings.

I use those a LOT!

Yes, but I already use the Note feature for other important "snapshot" information on each listing for my own purposes.  Too much text will end up clogging up the Note area and actually cancel out its effectiveness. 

In any event I don't think it should be too much to expect that if I'm paying for a store subscription and (supposedly) for the inventory management features that go along with it, that eBay actually does their job properly.  

Sorry, but I'm more fed up with eBay than I can express over having to constantly find "workarounds" to clean up their messes.  As in, years of it. 

Rant fini (pour le moment). Woman Very Happy

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Normally, yes, I do. For the purposes of this experiment only, I have hung on to the ones that are relisted but show as Not Relisted according to ebay. I was always curious to see whether they would eventually correct themselves (it seems likely not) or if there was some correlation between them which explains the reason some relist as they should yet others do not. After a full ten-day cycle, I will try to do some analysis and count back to see if they were, for example, all set to Auction on the same (seemingly flawed) day. It may be as simple as that yet I randomly assigned 5- and 7- and 10-day durations to auction listings as I moved them from 30-day BIN to auction so it's not immediately apparent that they all may have began their trip to Auctionland at the same time.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Normally, yes, I do. For the purposes of this experiment only, I have hung on to the ones that are relisted but show as Not Relisted according to ebay. I was always curious to see whether they would eventually correct themselves (it seems likely not) or if there was some correlation between them which explains the reason some relist as they should yet others do not. After a full ten-day cycle, I will try to do some analysis and count back to see if they were, for example, all set to Auction on the same (seemingly flawed) day. It may be as simple as that yet I randomly assigned 5- and 7- and 10-day durations to auction listings as I moved them from 30-day BIN to auction so it's not immediately apparent that they all may have began their trip to Auctionland at the same time.

Let us know what you find out.

Personally, I quit messing around moving stuff from fixed to auction and vice versa..

Once I list as BIN or auction, it stays that way

I am back using TL and always check my active on both TL and Ebay to make sure they match after doing anything as far as relisting or new listings.

I have finally finished editing 1300 listings and adding images to 700 listings and now I can get back to creating more listings and then auctions.

Knock on wood, no unsolds in TL and active counts match. I also at this time don't use GTC either.

You should read some of the US boards as it appears the trolls that program Ebay are changing pricing on items and they are being sold for 10% of original list and best offers being accepted.

I wish you luck with your problems and knowing Ebay, it will only get worse for us small sellers.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

You should read some of the US boards as it appears the trolls that program Ebay are changing pricing on items and they are being sold for 10% of original list and best offers being accepted. 

WHAT???!!   Do you mean eBay is taking direct, intentional control over pricing, or is this another glitch?

I unfortunately don't have time to read the U.S. boards, but I'd be interested in knowing what's happening in a bit more detail if you're able to summarize it here (and the explanation as to why it's occurring if it's a bug -- if anyone actually knows).  

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Here is one short post which gives you some idea. Of course Ebay denies any issues, just like the Zombie listings.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Price-changing-automatically-when-relisting/m-p/27463852#M1040...

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Wow that is pretty weird.

Makes me happy that I just list store BINs and leave them until they sell or I die.....
Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Currently sitting at 66 Unsold listings shown as Not Relisted which are, in fact, relisted. I'm coming to the end of my ten-day analysis period but I think I might extend it to 14 days or so to see if it is always the same listings to which this happens. 

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Now at 76 Unsold items showing as Not Relisted when, in fact, they have been automatically within moments.

There is officially no rhyme nor reason to the listings affected by this. After 11 to 12 days sitting on these buggy Not Relisteds from auctions run at 5- 7- and 10-day durations, the ones affected once will nine times out of ten auto-relist just fine the following time. This blows my leading theory that the listings in question were all sent to auction one buggy day.

I cannot explain any pattern among them.

I'll wait another day to two and see if something emerges but now I very much doubt it. 

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Now at 88 Unsold Items that show as Not Relisted although they were almost immediately relisted by 'automatic relist until sold' rules. This is over the span of 14 days where other auctions ended and went into Unsold and then showed as Relisted just fine. Some of the same 5- and 7-day duration auctions have relisted without pause so it's not specific to the item. I have no idea why it sometimes work and sometimes doesn't.

Do you think it's worth the time it would take to call ebay and complain about it? I think not. 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply

My guess would be you would get something to the effect that they have never heard of this happening or they will refer it to the appropriate team or department.

Message 31 of 31
latest reply