ebay shipping supplies joke

They no longer offer airjackets at 6.5" x 8.75" for C $62.92, the smallest airjackets are now 8.5" x 10.75" are C $76.48. With an anchor store and a lousy coupon of C $105 the amount is strategically determined being one either throws away the remaining credit or spends money out of their own pocket. Suck us in and spit us out. Try and Make us feel appreciated and then drag you back down. Just another money grab has nothing to do with an incentive. $300 a month for store subscription and this is the thanks we get. Once again. Bravo ebay, bravo!!!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: ebay shipping supplies joke

That is the size (6.5" x 8.75" for C $62.92) Airjackets I get from them too. Noticed they run out of them a lot because they are a popular size. But they always seem to get some more in a few days. Did you ask them if that size is discontinued or if they are just out of stock?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I messaged them, hopefully they are just out of stock. I usually get those and the Value Pack, even though everything in the value pack is completely useless to me. Instead of throwing away the remaining credit or paying out of pocket. I can purchase any off the airjackets they offer from my supplier for half of what they work out to per piece.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

I messaged them, hopefully they are just out of stock. I usually get those and the Value Pack, even though everything in the value pack is completely useless to me. Instead of throwing away the remaining credit or paying out of pocket. I can purchase any off the airjackets they offer from my supplier for half of what they work out to per piece.

This is exactly what I was going to do as well, order these and the value pack, however when I went to order them they weren't there!

They still have them in the USA store so I'm confused why they don't have them in the Canada store....since they're all coming from over there....

Anyway I keep checking each day to see if they are back....I'll be interested to know what they respond with...

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Can anyone supply me with the correct URL of the store for Canadian buyers please? All I can find is a US based store. Thanks!

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Took a few tries but finally got a link that works...

http://stores.ebay.ca/ebayshippingsupplies

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

eBay Management has found a way to compensate sellers without actually giving them anything...

They offer a Shipping Supplies Coupon for over-priced shipping supplies which you can buy at a fraction of the price and get "exactly" what you want at your local Staples Store.

If they truly wanted to compensate sellers for increased Store Subscriptions they should bring back the eBay Bucks program.

eBay Shipping Supplies Coupons are an insult to my intelligence.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is just a "goldmine" for eBay to make more $$$$.  I would think they could buy bulk of supplies at much cheaper prices and offer them at cheaper prices but no they just want more $$$$ in any way.  Their prices are way too high like 75-90% higher.  That is eBay continuing to be more greedy in every way they can find.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I recognize I'm in the minority but I happily use my coupons to buy the tape. I quite like the tape. I use it on all my tracked packets and parcels. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I recognize I'm in the minority but I happily use my coupons to buy the tape. I quite like the tape. I use it on all my tracked packets and parcels. 

I agree.  I'm happy with my shipping supplies as well.

At first, not so much.  For example:  I used the coupon for polybags and had expected bubble mailers and wasn't happy about spending $70 on a bunch of plastic bags.

However, I quickly learned that these mailers are very useful, especially when they mean that you can push weight to just below the threshold for the next price category.  I was even gifted a second batch (Thank You Very Much. Smiley Happy) and I use these regularly now.

When the coupons were first issued I had just loaded up on supplies, and with that stockpile the $70 coupon is enough so that it will be a long long time until I have to spend money on shipping supplies again.

Certainly there are numerous ways in which they should tweak the program (such as a greater variety of supplies, allowing us to save the change from one quarter to use the next, and attempting to equate the $C and $US values at least a little bit), but I like the program.

Works for me much more than the other way around.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

It would be impossible for ebay Shipping Supplies to meet all my shipping packaging needs. I am very fussy with packaging. I use two different sizes of bubble wrap plus air pockets and styro-peanuts. I use bubble mailers for some things but prefer polybags for others. Yet others get regular envelopes. As to boxes, I keep no less than a dozen different dimensions in my stockpile since the sizes of items I sell varies so very much, and I am keen to keep things under the 250 g-limit when I can. (While with Tracked Packet, the price break between 250 g and 251 g is not as pronounced as it is with Small Packets Air where it doubles.) 

But the tape....? I use tape with it all of the above. The tape is good, I have a pile now and use it liberally on my tracked parcels and packets. I grabbed an order of the multi-pack with tape plus boxes plus envelopes and that was good too. But I always go back to the tape. 

Some enterprising sellers even re-sell those rolls of tape. I'd rather horde mine. 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

A roll of high quality packing tape can be purchased from a reputable supplier for over $5 cheaper per roll and 25% more tape per roll. WITHOUT the ebay name on it.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Excellent coupon program for the Canadian seller. Why buy your boxes locally (non-branded) and pay a ridiculous 32 cents per when you have the opportunity to use your quarterly and get the very same box for $2.00 per.

Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another. Right now.  

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

one either throws away the remaining credit or spends money out of their own pocket.

If you don't use it at all you are throwing it all away.

If you use some of it, but not all, you still got the thingies free.

I've yet to find anything that is worthwhile in numbers and prices that I like.

So the program is a waste and an irritant to me.

I do like branded products though. I believe that they are more memorable and that customers are less likely to forget they already got the product they are complaining about.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

This is exactly what I was going to do as well, order these and the value pack, however when I went to order them they weren't there!

They still have them in the USA store so I'm confused why they don't have them in the Canada store....since they're all coming from over there....

Anyway I keep checking each day to see if they are back....I'll be interested to know what they respond with...

They added them today, after I sent another question without a response from my first one...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/100-count-eBay-Branded-Airjacket-Envelopes-6-5-x-8-75-Shipping-Supplies-/2527...

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

WOOO HOOO THX for staying on them! I just bought them while they were still there!

THX very much for posting this, I hadn't yet done my daily check today yet!
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I too have been very happy with my shipping supplies, I have purchases 2 lots of small boxes, hard to find in grocery stores, and the non-padded mailers, great for mailing yarn. The first transaction took a long time to arrive, but the last 2 were very quick.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

You can buy a package of 8 thick packaging tapes for $14.00 at Costco!

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Why would I do that when eBay gives them away?
Message 19 of 19
latest reply