"nothing" Feedback

I received a feedback yesterday, the only comment was "nothing". I have no idea what that means, it was positive, so I guess that is good, but why leave feedback if you have nothing to say.

So I checked feedback left for others, and the last 3 from this buyer all said "nothing". Very strange.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"nothing" Feedback

@triber wrote:

I received a feedback yesterday, the only comment was "nothing". I have no idea what that means, it was positive, so I guess that is good, but why leave feedback if you have nothing to say.

So I checked feedback left for others, and the last 3 from this buyer all said "nothing". Very strange.

Feedback has become mostly irrelevant. It just became more irrelevant when eBay came up with the option to automate it. Like leaving feedback everytime you go 7-11 and buy a Slurpee. How many people are going to do that all the time? When/if they do show up they seem to arrive in small bunches. eBay filtering them maybe?

-Lotz

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

"nothing" Feedback

I've got "nothing" as well a few times before, as well as "." a few times.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

Just recalled that I've got "no" before too..... as positive. More than once. If I recall it has been from overseas, Asian countries, so it might be a translation thing...

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

As ricarmic says it could quite possibly be a translation thing. I know I've received lengthy feedback in another language and always copy it over to google translate because I get curious what it says!

Other possibility is they don't realize feedback can automatically copy the last feedback left and that is what happens. I had someone mistakingly copy over "item not received" when they had received it and same thing the "item not received" with a positive and their feedback left showed same last several times. She later confirmed with me she had received it and feedback was updated.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

@triber wrote:

Feedback has become mostly irrelevant. It just became more irrelevant when eBay came up with the option to automate it. Like leaving feedback everytime you go 7-11 and buy a Slurpee. How many people are going to do that all the time? When/if they do show up they seem to arrive in small bunches. eBay filtering them maybe?

-Lotz

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

This was a US buyer, left plenty of other nice comments, not obviously wants to say nothing!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

@triber wrote:

This was a US buyer, left plenty of other nice comments, not obviously wants to say nothing!

Unsure why but your recently received feedback is not visible as of yet. More of eBay filtering eBay similar to what happens when you create a new listing and it takes time to display?

-Lotz

Re: Young Frankenstein....

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1708794773283.gif

You made us look!!!

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

The one I don't understand is <3.

To me it looks like a bum. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

Unsure why but your recently received feedback is not visible as of yet. More of eBay filtering eBay similar to what happens when you create a new listing and it takes time to display?
----

I'm sure that it shows right away but you have to change the sort from most relevant to most recent. No idea what they consider 'most relevant'. It was a silly change imo.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

I've noticed for mine, if I look when I'm not signed in it pulls the "longest" feedbacks and plunks them at the top. From a sellers perspective this is great because theoretically the "best" ones will be the long positive ones.... at least it is in my case, the relevant is definitely to my advantage.... 

PS I hadn't realized it was easily changeable from most relevant to most recent...thx for pointing it out @pjcdn2005 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

----

I'm sure that it shows right away but you have to change the sort from most relevant to most recent. No idea what they consider 'most relevant'. It was a silly change imo.

Like the seller I reported about (they're stuck at 486 when they actually have over 500) with the listing quantity not matching, for my feedback the number varies depending on which view I look at. Exactly. Relevant to what?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

@ricarmic wrote:

I've noticed for mine, if I look when I'm not signed in it pulls the "longest" feedbacks and plunks them at the top. From a sellers perspective this is great because theoretically the "best" ones will be the long positive ones.... at least it is in my case, the relevant is definitely to my advantage.... 

PS I hadn't realized it was easily changeable from most relevant to most recent...thx for pointing it out @pjcdn2005 

@ricarmic 

In returning to @triber feedback it automagically defaults to most relevant for other users. For mine it stays on most recent. Noting a similar affect when creating new listings. The system used to save what you used last time for creating your next listing. Now you have to watch for the system hasn't  modifed something when you go to that next listing. I've seen features I never use mysteriously turned on. (examples: Private Listing, Defaulting to my old ship from address.) 

-Lotz

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

I've always thought that people who were complaining would write the longest feedback. Those darn stamp buyers never do the same thing as others!  😉

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

The app "Relevant" feedback silliness is the worst, and like @ricarmic noted they are all lengthy. I've noticed that almost all of them contain phrases like "fast", "prompt delivery" or "fast shipping". They choose to show those sort of comments even if they were left one year ago. The only way to see recent feedback on the app is to hit the "see al feedback" button.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

"nothing" Feedback

@reallynicestamps wrote:

The one I don't understand is <3.

To me it looks like a bum. 

It’s supposed to be a heart. Turn your 90° to the right and view it.

To me it’s an abstract rendering of a bird about to chow down on a worm.  Or a leotard.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply