why cant i just email some one from ebay and get an answer in an email ? there contact and help is u

qda22
Community Member

my original problem is that i want to sell in us funds. I check off u s funds but it wont let me put an add on til it is switched back to canadian funds. I joined in 2002 and signed up for everything with a us account in a us bank and haven't had a problem til recently.  I use the funds for a family vacation once a year in the us so i need my account in us funds. How can i get this corrected or is it a case of having to go to a site other than ebay that i can deal in us funds ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: why cant i just email some one from ebay and get an answer in an email ? there contact and help

If you list on dotCOM your listings will be in USD. Listing on dotCA requires listings to be in CDN.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: why cant i just email some one from ebay and get an answer in an email ? there contact and help

@qda22 wrote:

my original problem is that i want to sell in us funds. I check off u s funds but it wont let me put an add on til it is switched back to canadian funds. I joined in 2002 and signed up for everything with a us account in a us bank and haven't had a problem til recently.  I use the funds for a family vacation once a year in the us so i need my account in us funds. How can i get this corrected or is it a case of having to go to a site other than ebay that i can deal in us funds ?

eBay.CA switched to Canadian $ only when listing back in the middle of 2016. Lots of moaning and groaning in the forums back then.

If you want to sell in US$ then you list on eBay.COM 

You also get 50 free listings per month on .com (fees when sold still apply).

For shipping on eBay.COM, you have to remember that Domestic shipping is for the USA.  There is no Canada Post shipping option, you have to use a generic term when listing (like Economy International Shipping) -- you can still use Canada Post to actually mail. And if you want to ship to Canada you must use "Choose custom location" and pick Canada from the list.   

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

qda22
Community Member
Ty for your response. The only thing I didn't like in the US shipping choices was the time they can deliver in. Canada post takes longer
Thank you again for your help!
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

There are generic choices on .com that Canadians can use for longer delivery times.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@qda22 wrote:
The only thing I didn't like in the US shipping choices was the time they can deliver in. Canada post takes longer

Make sure to pick the right shipping choice.

When selecting for the USA skip all the US Postal Service choices and go way down the list to:

Economy shipping from outside the US (11 to 23 business days)

Standard shipping from outside the US (5 to 10 business days)

The only time to pick a USPS option is if you can actually mail from the USA.

Some companies that allow you to use the USPS (if you are close to them) are:

ChitChatsExpress (Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax)

StallionExpress (Toronto)

RunninRed (Winnipeg)

DYKpost (Edmonton, Calgary)

-..-

Message 6 of 6
latest reply