Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

DID YOU HEAR? EBAY POWERSELLER ENVELOPS ARE "NO LONGER AVAILABLE"

Hi Everyone... I am pretty new to these discussion boards...so please bear with me.. I have been on the phone and emailing Canada Post and Ebay for the last 2 days trying to get more info. on why I haven't been able to order more of those wonderful E...

What is the most cost effective method of shipping items sold on eBay

Hi, I use Canada Post Expedited mainly to ship stuff across Canada with the Venture One account (get 5% discount), I wonder if there is any other method of shipping that is cheaper (and reliable of course too). I ship about 100 packages a month. Than...

Another new buyer with attitude!

Just a story I thought I would share. I had a buyer from the US purchase an item off of me on a Tuesday, sent the invoice, I get a reply that says "I will send out payment on Monday". I thought ok no biggie, lettermail from the states takes about 4-5...

What can eBay do to improve the lot of Canadian Powersellers...

Bill Cobb said today that: 1- the pace of changes would slow down; 2- the accent was going to be put on improving CS: access and tools; 3- eBay is taking a fresh look at feedback but a careful approach; 4- will work more on T & S not only fraud but l...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

CTV News Story About Fraud on Ebay

Found this thread on the CTS board.... Interesting..... http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/HTMLTemplate/!ctv/Search?query=ebay&chooseSearch=ctv&atoz=-1# Jeff

Hello

Hello guys before 2 days I got an invitation from ebay to join the powerseller program I was very happy because this is my first success on ebay and it is my pleasure to meet everybody here and good luck for all of you. becsr01

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Lets Chart February 2005 Sales

After a really disppointing January on eBay for some, if not many or even most, I thought we should examine our eBay sales each month, comparing them to previous years' sales and our budgeted or anticipated sales and keep a running thread on how we d...

• 32 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anything scary in selling wrist watches?

Good frigid day to you all, I write this after going to the door to answer an inquiry from a very pithed off brass monkey- "I'm sorry", I said, "I don't think I've seen those". But I digress. Once again I need the group's collective and singular wisd...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

How long to wait before giving Neg Feedback

I'm looking for a little advice. Maybe I've been lucky up to now because this is my first issue with a non paying bidder. The buyer bought from me on Feb. 17th using the BIN. This was the same day he registered on ebay. After 4 days I sent him a poli...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post EST down again

Every @#$@#!*& weekend... Of course, it system errors after I enter all the credit card info. No doubt they will charge for something I can't print off again. They did this in December to me and when I called they were supposed to refund me. Called l...

• 28 replies
  • 0 helpful

These Canada Post eBay PowerSeller bags are cool...

Not quite sure what I'm going to do with them since they're not padded and I require padded mailers most of the time, but hey, they're cool. Maybe I'll put padded envelopes into the bags and mail them that way. Also, I'm quite happy with the PowerSel...

eBay Staff made a mistake and I spent my 5th Year Anniversary SUSPENDED !!

Hi, On February the 11th, 2005, a perfectly legal item on eBay was cancelled because an eBay Community Watch member felt that the item was illegal. Why did they think the item was illegal? I sell foam nunchaku (or nunchucks to some) which are essenti...

Account Guard (eBay Toolbar) - Spoofs - Account Security

Hello Everyone, The eBay Toolbar with the Account Guard feature was discussed a number of times during the recent eBay Live in New Orleans. I would highly encourage everyone to make use of this tool, regardless of whether or not you are an eBay membe...

eBay Anything Points

Hello. I am considering offering eBay anything points. Has anybody out there used them? If so, have they made a difference at all; are they valuable? John

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

How would you answer this?

Got an email yesterday as follows: "Why when my highest bid was $4 would someone outbid me at $75.50? Were there interim bids, or are you bidding on your own stuff? This is my THIRD time trying to get this item and I GIVE UP!!!" Answered politely exp...

A Little Advice for Woman about Men!

OK, this isnt written by ME but I decided to post some of the more funny lines I recently saw somewhere else to give everyone a weekend chuckle. This is advice for women from men: 1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put i...

DUMB QUESTIONS and OTHER FUNNY BUYER ODDITIES

We get them all the time. Sometimes we chuckle as we read them, sometimes it takes a day before we can chuckle anout them. Most make us wonder if the people asking the stupid questions are allowed to drive cars on the highways we share. Others make u...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

any paypal emplyees on here??

Hi, I need help with a problem I'm having with paypal and need to understand how to handle some customers issues and my own shipping issues. If anyone can help me this would be great here is the issue customer requests surface shipping. I have only C...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Re: Keeping track of customers shipping payment etc.

Just jumped from my antique computer to a Mac Mini. Love the change, but have a slight problem. Before I used a not very good but serviceable program for tracking auctions, customers, shipping and payment. Well, that was not working well, and does no...

The Official Canadian PS Politics Thread

Since the US PS Forums have it I decided we should start a thread discussing politics here in Canada and abroad. Let me know if we can keep this thread going!

• 139 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipment Delay to the U.S.

I have two very small shipments went out to the U.S., one via expedited parcel and one regular airmail, it's been three (3) weeks and customers still don't have them yet. Anyone else have similar delay problem to the U.S.?

Listing Advice

I'm a relatively new seller and since most of you are veterans, I was hoping you could impart some listing advise. I usually list my items on a tuesday around 7pm PST and set the duration to 5 days. I get fairly good success with this but was wonderi...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question from E-Bay Member spoof e-mail

Received an e-mail from a fraudulant buyer this morning saying "I paid for this item, when are going to ship it!" I clicked on the link below where the item link is and when it came up it was asking for updated credit card info. I checked the user ID...

Some Clarification on GST / PST

I know from previous posts that Ebay has no way of letting Canadians add PST or GST in any clear manner, but just wanted to clarify on the following: PST is charged on items sold to buyers in my province GST to items sold to buyers in Canada PST is c...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

New look on the board ...

Hmmmmm ..... I wonder if they took away our paragraphs the way they did on the US board. I guess we'll get used to it but I wish they hadn't decided that I haven't read any of the threads! Now I can't tell which ones I really haven't read and I have ...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

upgrading to Featured Store

Hi! I am thinking about upgrading my store from Basic store to Featured Store. Is that a good idea? Anyone knows the difference? Anyone is using it? need your comments on this! Thanks Stephan Bedard CAN-Import

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

asset recovery west coast

Anyone familiar with asset recovery companies on the west coast. Looking for lots to sell.

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.