Item held up at Erlanger Kentucky

stocro0
Community Member
Greetings to all,
I would just like some advice or guidance to a situation I have. So I purchased an item from a seller on the 17th of February and the tracking was going smoothly until the item hit the international destination. That was the 25th and ever since it reached Erlanger Kentucky, there hasnt been a single update. It has now been a full month with nothing new. At this point I dont even want the item anymore solely because I'm afraid it wont even come, I would rather buy from another seller that will get it here sooner. What would you do in this situation? Thank you for your time and have a great day!
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The seller won't be affected.  Once tracking shows that the item has reached the Kentucky center, the seller is not responsible if the item gets lost.  The gsp will be the one to refund you.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca

Open an I haven't received it yet case for the item. Mention it is a GSP shipment.

You have 30 days after last promised arrival date (see your purchase details) to open a case and get your money refunded.

-..-

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

You are also protected by Paypal's Buyer Protection program and by the chargeback policy of the credit card you attached to your PP account.

Tracking is a Seller Protection. It offers nothing to buyers but angst when something does not appear to be moving.

Also tracking shows the last location the item was, and was recorded, not where it is at the moment.

Did you get a UPA number?  If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided... 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for your time and advice!
Just curious, what would happen to the item? Would it somehow be returned back to the seller or is it a loss for them?
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I did not get, nor do I know what a UPA number is. If that is a delivery company, the item is with USPS. When I checked their website, it said the item was delivered to Erlanger Kenutcky which worries me a bit when they use that word. I hope they dont mean that's the final destination.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@stocro0 wrote:
... the item is with USPS. When I checked their website, it said the item was delivered to Erlanger Kenutcky which worries me a bit when they use that word. I hope they dont mean that's the final destination.

Just means USPS has done it's job of delivering to Erlanger, Kentucky which is the GSP hub for USA shipments.

After the package is customs cleared at Erlanger, it is fowarded to the destination country for delivery. It gets assigned a new tracking number for the final journey.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

This is because you got suckered into eBay's global shipping program... Absolutely brutal. Ship your item in the opposite direction and ship it again.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

That is the number GSP/eBay sends you when the package leaves the plant.

Unison worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
I found this thread today while awaiting a shipment. Once I learned that Pitney Bowes was the relevant company, I was able to find my package's tracking info in about 10 seconds.

Step 1: Go to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Tracker page at https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Step 2: Enter your eBay-supplied Global Tracking number (mine began with UPAA...)

Step 3: You will be shown limited tracking info. In my case, only up to the point the package left the USA and entered Canada.

Step 4: Click on the "Track on carrier's website" link at the top right.

Step 5: You will be provided with tracking on the page of the actual shipping company, in my case Canada Post, with a tracking number in THEIR system.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided... 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for your time, I finally found the correct tracking number following your steps. It is the same info though, still at Erlanger since the 25th of february. I dont want to do it to the seller but I might ask for a refund as the cutoff is soon (april 6th). Thanks
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

The seller won't be affected.  Once tracking shows that the item has reached the Kentucky center, the seller is not responsible if the item gets lost.  The gsp will be the one to refund you.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Thank you so much sir. I have reported the missing item and hopefully this gets resolved soon! Have a great day and thank you for all your time and guidance!
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

It's gone to rest and die where all shipments wind up in the States. First it goes on vacation all over the country and then it dies at Erlanger, never to be seen again!
eBay is a joke now. If you want something now,  you need to order from China to actually get the item.
I've never seen something so simple get so unnecessarily complicated.
Hats off to eBay for making what used to be a fun a shopping experience so stressful and unwelcome.
Between misserable login puzzles proving you're human, import fees, taxes for used items and making items disappear in their "CONTROLLED" shipping warehouses, I rarely buy here anymore. It's jost way too much of a pain in the _ss. They don't even send you an email confirming you bought an item anymore!
I have so many choice words for them but they only get bleeped.
Do any ebay staff actually read any of these comments and try to make the experience pleasant vs misserable or do they sit back and scheme up more ways to pi_s us all off?

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

You have responded to a thread from 2021, sometimes it's best to start your own thread to address a current problem/issue.

Buyers have a choice= they do not have to purchase from sellers who use the Global shipping system...Although I rarely purchase anything from the USA anymore=if I can find said item here in Canada even if I have to pay more $ for an item, I take that route=I will not purchase anything from a seller who uses the Global shipping system.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@howiebird64 wrote:

Do any ebay staff actually read any of these comments and try to make the experience pleasant vs misserable or do they sit back and scheme up more ways to **** us all off?

My wife buys a fair bit from the US from venues other than eBay and very few of those shipments are of the old-fashioned "shipped directly via the postal system" variety.  Most of these items arrive with no customs forms and Canadian return addresses on shipping labels that have been plastered on top of another one in a manner pretty much the same as what the Global Shipping Program does.

If it's any consolation at all, the Global Shipping Program and its companion eBay Standard International Delivery are being phased out in favour of another forwarding service that is, so far, not collecting taxes and duties at the time of payment.  However, what I've read of it so far on the .com discussion boards suggests that it's slower than the GSP--at least to European destinations--and the customs clearance fee is higher than what the GSP seems to charge.

Careful what you wish for.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2021.

The problem with zombie threads is that the information and advice will be dated and may longer be applicable.

For example, Erlanger KY is where the GSP plant is located,near the Cincinnati International Airport. 

More important  :

phased out in favour of another forwarding service that is, so far, not collecting taxes and duties at the time of payment.

"Not collecting taxes and duty" means that buyers /importers will be paying those Canadian fees on their doorstep or going to the PO to pick up their purchases.

GSP's service charge was ~$5US. Canada Post charges $9.95.

OTOH- Canada's duty free allowance for US imports has risen to $150 (from $20) and the tax free allowance has doubled to $40.

Most of the import fees that couriers, like GSP and UPS, charge are sales taxes from the federal and provincial governments.

Another thought. Canada Post has introduced Flex Delivery which is FREE and holds packages at the nearest PO rather than dropping them on the porch.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/alternative-delivery/flexdelivery.p...

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 16 of 16
latest reply